What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warner to Un Retire an will play for only one team, the Rams. (1 Viewer)

TheFanatic

Footballguy
Link

As inside sources continue to report that Kurt Warner is preparing to end his short lived retirement, comparisons to Brett Favre seem likely. But, much like his unconventional career, Warner's un-retirement is anything but conventional. Sources close to Warner have stated that he will play again for only one team: the St. Louis Rams.

Aside from the contract issues that would have to be worked out to make this happen, the obvious question is: Why would Warner want to go to a 1-15 team rather than a team that has won its division in each of the last two seasons?

For any other player, the answer would be difficult to imagine. But for Warner, it makes perfect sense. He is not merely about winning. He wants the "story." He wants to be able to inspire people. He wants the closure that comes from having his story come full circle.

This goal is evident in the following quote from a close friend of Warner: "In St. Louis, more so than in Arizona, Kurt has unfinished business. He sees an opportunity to bring the Rams back to the top again, and that is what drives him."

Would the Rams have him back? Billy Devaney does not seem to want to address this issue, but that might be a positive sign. He has openly discussed Michael Vick, Sam Bradford, and Donovan McNabb. But in Warner's case, it is hush hush. That may be the clearest sign that a deal is in the works. On the eve of a big deal like this, the wagons are circled and leaks are kept under control.

Every bone in my body tells me that Kurt's plan to come back to the Rams is a mistake. But how many times has he proved me, and everyone else, wrong?

In Kurt Warner's case, it's best to just go on faith.

Warner may have more brain damage than we were led to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
the bleacher report is a user contributed blog.

it's just a ram's fan writing, not anything legitimate.

this isn't a reliable source, look at the authors other articles, he's an average joe who doesn't have any "insider" information, it's all BS.

Add Warner to the list of "HE'S COMING BACK!!!"

Barry Sanders

Robert Smith

Kurt Warner

Seems like we go through this dance every year...

Warner would get killed behind that OL in it's current state - I just don't see this happening.

the bleacher report is a user contributed blog.it's just a ram's fan writing, not anything legitimate.this isn't a reliable source, look at the authors other articles, he's an average joe who doesn't have any "insider" information, it's all BS.
:kicksrock:

That "whoosh" you just heard was a few racing to the WW to add all the dropped Kurt Warners from their leagues.

the bleacher report is a user contributed blog.it's just a ram's fan writing, not anything legitimate.this isn't a reliable source, look at the authors other articles, he's an average joe who doesn't have any "insider" information, it's all BS.
I had never heard of it. Makes a lot of sense though. Some Schmuck trying to make some sort of name for himself...

Add Warner to the list of "HE'S COMING BACK!!!"Barry SandersRobert SmithKurt WarnerSeems like we go through this dance every year...Warner would get killed behind that OL in it's current state - I just don't see this happening.
I didn't think the Rams line was that bad. I thought they brought in a pretty good center and drafted a pretty good tackle last season.

Seems like a garbarge 'report.'

But even if true, I'm not sure Warner in STL helps my dynasty team much more than Warner retired. :lmao:

I had never heard of it. Makes a lot of sense though. Some Schmuck trying to make some sort of name for himself...
Same folks whos Raider Insiders had Chad Johnson absolutely going to Oakland for a second round pick.No one is trying to make a name for themselves in anything but creative fiction writing.

Doesn't this neglect the obvious fact that he was still under contract to the Cardinals? They would still retain his rights. Why would they let him go to a division rival?

If there is any truth to it, I think it would be to retire as a Ram after a ceremonial one-day contract as someone has suggested.

Question though. Does anyone know if Kurt has actually turned in his retirement papers? Unless they've been filed with the league, he's technically able to play this year. Correct?

There's no story here, and no "sources." The author later added a poll along with the story on the page linked:

Vote Now! - Author PollHow many of you get that I was just goofing? * Oh, man! I was psyched about Kurt's return to the Rams! * Duh!vote to see results

VaCatFan said:
Question though. Does anyone know if Kurt has actually turned in his retirement papers? Unless they've been filed with the league, he's technically able to play this year. Correct?
Yep. Fer Arizona. Did he ever pay back that $7.5 million..?

Ahhh yes, sign Warner and St. Louis won't need to draft Bradford! Instead they take Suh at #1 and have him play OT to protect Kurt's blindside for the next 5-7 years while they rebuild for a title run in 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread