What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warning - FOG/Presidential Suite dynasty leagues - Do I feel like a su (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest that any commish who has this guy playing in one of his leagues boot him immediately. guy shouldn't be able to find any leagues to play in (commish or otherwise) unless its a free league at yahoo...or at Antsports

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine from a legal perspective there's nothing we can do. I am not a lawyer, but my job does require me to have a lot of interaction with deadbeats who cannot pay rent on time. As someone who knows the deadbeat mindset in and out, I guarantee everyone here that this money is completely gone. So regardless of what we do, he has to have a means to pay the money back. We can maybe take him to court and get a civil judgement in the names of 90 or so people, but I am guessing we cannot garnish his wages for fantasy football debt because in Illinois we cannot garnish wages for unpaid rent. A judgement just makes it public record that he owes us money, and will likely prevent him from buying a home, but thats about it.

As stated, the correct approach is to inform everyone we can, make life hell for him regarding contacting his work and posting his name on as many sites as we can. The Facebook page was a smart idea. Most anybody, from girls he might date, to people who might join his future leagues, to future employers, use Facebook to do background checks on their "clients".

The #1 thing anybody on this site can do to hurt him is to "like" the page "Aquil salahudeen is a thief" on facebook. The more people on there, the more legitimate the page. If he somehow manages to convince facebook to remove it, then we start another....

Right now, if you go to facebook, and run a search, our page shows up as #1 by the time you type "a-q-u-i-l s-a-l-a". WE'll keep posting on there, post stuff on the wall, stay active.

Even those of you not affected can help. Try not to slander, or call names, or be ignorant. Just ask "hey aquil, where is the 15K you stole from the 90 guys in your fantasy football leagues?"

Thats it, he's nailed

I would imagine from a legal perspective there's nothing we can do. I am not a lawyer, but my job does require me to have a lot of interaction with deadbeats who cannot pay rent on time. As someone who knows the deadbeat mindset in and out, I guarantee everyone here that this money is completely gone. So regardless of what we do, he has to have a means to pay the money back. We can maybe take him to court and get a civil judgement in the names of 90 or so people, but I am guessing we cannot garnish his wages for fantasy football debt because in Illinois we cannot garnish wages for unpaid rent. A judgement just makes it public record that he owes us money, and will likely prevent him from buying a home, but thats about it.

As stated, the correct approach is to inform everyone we can, make life hell for him regarding contacting his work and posting his name on as many sites as we can. The Facebook page was a smart idea. Most anybody, from girls he might date, to people who might join his future leagues, to future employers, use Facebook to do background checks on their "clients".

The #1 thing anybody on this site can do to hurt him is to "like" the page "Aquil salahudeen is a thief" on facebook. The more people on there, the more legitimate the page. If he somehow manages to convince facebook to remove it, then we start another....

Right now, if you go to facebook, and run a search, our page shows up as #1 by the time you type "a-q-u-i-l s-a-l-a". WE'll keep posting on there, post stuff on the wall, stay active.

Even those of you not affected can help. Try not to slander, or call names, or be ignorant. Just ask "hey aquil, where is the 15K you stole from the 90 guys in your fantasy football leagues?"

Thats it, he's nailed
Do not make threats, racial comments, or be ignorant on the facebook page. Makes it easier for him to get it removed. Keep it legit, he owes us money, so lets ask him where it is

Thats it, he's nailed
Do not make threats, racial comments, or be ignorant on the facebook page. Makes it easier for him to get it removed. Keep it legit, he owes us money, so lets ask him where it is
All of you, listen to this post, it's sound advice.

Thats it, he's nailed
Exactly. And not to tell you guys what to do, but calling him a thief on the facebook page would be another reason he could use to have it removed. If it were me, I'd say he owes you money or hasn't made a promised payment or something like that. J

Yes I agree with the boss. Whoever started that page should try to change the name. I'm not sure who it is, I am sure it was someone in Presidential 1 though

"Aquil Salahudeen owes 20K total to over 90 people for unpaid fantasy football winnings"

Joe,

Can we please have any aliases (if any) potentially tied to this IP?

There may be some owners who could be joining leagues with someone associated with this guy.

comfortably numb said:
Joe, Can we please have any aliases (if any) potentially tied to this IP?There may be some owners who could be joining leagues with someone associated with this guy.
Doesn't look like any aliases.J

Thanks Joe!So did this guy take any cuts for commishing?How many total leagues did he have?Did he play in the leagues?
No he didn't take any cuts. At least he didn't in the 2 leagues of his I was in.He was the commish over 6 leagues and yes he played in each league.
Ugh...I would have been 1 to sign up if the time was right, but yea, no one LOVES this THAT much, that they volunteer to commish 6 dynasty leagues i would think.

Thanks Joe!So did this guy take any cuts for commishing?How many total leagues did he have?Did he play in the leagues?
No he didn't take any cuts. At least he didn't in the 2 leagues of his I was in.He was the commish over 6 leagues and yes he played in each league.
Ugh...I would have been 1 to sign up if the time was right, but yea, no one LOVES this THAT much, that they volunteer to commish 6 dynasty leagues i would think.
Actually there are many commissioners that do not take cuts and commish around the same amount.

Actually there are many commissioners that do not take cuts and commish around the same amount.
I do 1,I know someone who does 2.We don't take cuts.But 6, and not taking a cut just raises a flag.Not that they are crooked, just raises a flag.It could be a good amount of work to do that many for no compensation

Thing is, nobody had a clue he had that many leagues. My league drafted last January. He started 3 more leagues after that, and from what I know, Didn't advertise heavily to us he was starting that many more. I only remember being asked to join 1 more. He probably took me off the list when he saw i didn't play in a second league, so that he could avoid raising suspicion. I for sure would've questioned why this guy wanted to commish 4-6 d leagues, all with major rosters, 16 teams, complicated scoring, and some with developmental players. Not even an addict would commit to that for the next 5 years.

I was thinking how bad I feel for the guys who drafted alot of rookies and developmental players. Here they are thinking they are going to have dominant teams for the next few years even though they sucked the first year. Guess it doesn't matter though, nobody got paid either way

I do 1,I know someone who does 2.We don't take cuts.But 6, and not taking a cut just raises a flag.Not that they are crooked, just raises a flag.It could be a good amount of work to do that many for no compensation
He's played in WCOFF and wouldn't be surprised to see him play World Series events or other big-money poker tournaments. He probably needed some seed money and was dumb enough to think he's good at FF and/or poker and will easily cover his obligations to the leagues he started up. Kid went to Davis so he's gotta be somewhat smart. I'm guessing that once he encountered competition outside his circle of friends in the FF and poker realms, he had his ### handed to him. Folly of youth.I'd like to see him pay big time. Anybody call his employer yet? Wouldn't be too hard to make life hell on this guy. Call a client of the company he works for and that'll get his boss's attention.

I was thinking how bad I feel for the guys who drafted alot of rookies and developmental players. Here they are thinking they are going to have dominant teams for the next few years even though they sucked the first year. Guess it doesn't matter though, nobody got paid either way
Kinda my boat. I sunk in year 1 fees and had fully expected year 2 to be minimal gain. I got 2nd though this season. My team was set to a juggernaut for years to come!

I hope people don’t mind if I chime in.

My name is Paul Charchian, owner of LeagueSafe. I’m not here to wag any fingers or try to use the misfortune of this experience to drive traffic to LeagueSafe. I’m mortified when I hear these stories, and I want to help. I’ve heard a lot of these, and I’ve got some experience to pass along. Here are some recommendations:

1. Get all of the victims together, and start working as a group. Always represent yourselves as a group. In every step along the way, 20 victims carry more weight than a single person.

2. Get a lawyer involved. If it needs to be for free, someone among your group has a friend who is a lawyer (ideally, in the Kremenull’s home state). Your lawyer should contact Kremenull and inform him that you’re going to be pursuing civil action against him, and that you'll be efforting a criminal case as well. And, let him know that he’ll be reported to the IRS to account for taxes due on the money (see #4). In a pinch, start calling lawyers near him, and shop for prices. You might even find an attorney who plays fantasy, is sympathetic, and is willing to take the case pro bono (or at a reduced rate).

3. Contact Kremenull’s local police department, and ask for advice. We’ve seen people get lucky with an understanding police officer, who will knock on a door, and rattle the perpetrator. A lot of officers play fantasy football, so they get it.

4. Threaten to report the income to the IRS. At the $15k level, the IRS should be interested, and Kremenull should be worried. Remember, this is how they got Al Capone. If he doesn’t budge, definitely follow up with this.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=106778,00.html

5. If you can find other parties who might be able apply pressure, you can reach out to his employer, spouse, parents, etc… They can apply a kind of pressure that your group cannot. Be factual. Again, let everyone know that you're part of a large group of people so Kremenull can't easily concoct a story about a single person who is (wrongfully) out for him.

People have mentioned notifying the attorney general. I’ve never seen that work, but you could try.

I hope some part of that helps.

My name is Paul Charchian, owner of LeagueSafe. I’m not here to wag any fingers or try to use the misfortune of this experience to drive traffic to LeagueSafe. I’m mortified when I hear these stories, and I want to help. I’ve heard a lot of these, and I’ve got some experience to pass along. Here are some recommendations:

1. Get all of the victims together, and start working as a group. Always represent yourselves as a group. In every step along the way, 20 victims carry more weight than a single person.

2. Get a lawyer involved. If it needs to be for free, someone among your group has a friend who is a lawyer (ideally, in the Kremenull’s home state). Your lawyer should contact Kremenull and inform him that you’re going to be pursuing civil action against him, and that you'll be efforting a criminal case as well. And, let him know that he’ll be reported to the IRS to account for taxes due on the money (see #4). In a pinch, start calling lawyers near him, and shop for prices. You might even find an attorney who plays fantasy, is sympathetic, and is willing to take the case pro bono (or at a reduced rate).

3. Contact Kremenull’s local police department, and ask for advice. We’ve seen people get lucky with an understanding police officer, who will knock on a door, and rattle the perpetrator. A lot of officers play fantasy football, so they get it.

4. Threaten to report the income to the IRS. At the $15k level, the IRS should be interested, and Kremenull should be worried. Remember, this is how they got Al Capone. If he doesn’t budge, definitely follow up with this.

5. If you can find other parties who might be able apply pressure, you can reach out to his employer, spouse, parents, etc… They can apply a kind of pressure that your group cannot. Be factual. Again, let everyone know that you're part of a large group of people so Kremenull can't easily concoct a story about a single person who is (wrongfully) out for him.

People have mentioned notifying the attorney general. I’ve never seen that work, but you could try.

:goodposting: Can you confirm or deny the conspiracy that kremenull started up Leaguesafe and concocted this FF scam, to eventually draw people to leaguesafe, and to eventually scam all the leaguesafe patrons?

Ultimately you are kremenull??

Oakland cops got 99 problems and chasing fantasy cheats isn't one but I got a lawyer buddy who worked for the Alameda district attorney's office. I'll ask him about recourse when I see him this weekend. He knows people who know cops so who knows...

:goodposting: Can you confirm or deny the conspiracy that kremenull started up Leaguesafe and concocted this FF scam, to eventually draw people to leaguesafe, and to eventually scam all the leaguesafe patrons?

Seriously ? You'd have to be half-baked to believe that nonsense. Joe Bryant has already vouched for Paul.

Knew something wasn't right with this cat...sorry to who ever took my spot in Pres Suite last offseason. I'm starting to become more of a believer in LeagueSafe by the day.The Kremenull screen name should have been a hint I guess :lmao:
that would be me..I remember we talked about it..So much for what I considered "easy money" I was half right, I kicked ### in that league..figures :lmao:
Yeah sorry about that Invictus...I remember telling you something was sketchy about that dude. Sorry about him bailing on you...but sounds like you did a hell of a job in the league. Once Flip is done being treasurer in Wicked we will be going to leaguesafe.

What ever happened to Turfwar.com, Paul? I saw your mug on that site pimpin it and then BAM they ran off with everyone's money. Thoughts?

[What ever happened to Turfwar.com, Paul? I saw your mug on that site pimpin it and then BAM they ran off with everyone's money. Thoughts?
They ran off with my money too. I was paid to cut player analysis videos, and only got paid for the first batch, when they still had money. Jeff Pester still owes me $5k.

Hey Guys,

I sent Paul the link to this thread and asked him if he had any ideas for help (which he did). He's one of the most stand up guys in the Industry and I vouch for him 100%.

J

:thumbup: Can you confirm or deny the conspiracy that kremenull started up Leaguesafe and concocted this FF scam, to eventually draw people to leaguesafe, and to eventually scam all the leaguesafe patrons?

Please take stuff like that somewhere else. I vouch for Paul 100% as I've said. I asked him to post something here if he thought he had any ideas that might help. And he did.J

Oakland cops got 99 problems and chasing fantasy cheats isn't one but I got a lawyer buddy who worked for the Alameda district attorney's office. I'll ask him about recourse when I see him this weekend. He knows people who know cops so who knows...
Actually, compared to dealing with real bad guys with guns and such, this might be an attractive case for them. I'd at least ask their advice.J

:thumbup: Can you confirm or deny the conspiracy that kremenull started up Leaguesafe and concocted this FF scam, to eventually draw people to leaguesafe, and to eventually scam all the leaguesafe patrons?

Please take stuff like that somewhere else. I vouch for Paul 100% as I've said. I asked him to post something here if he thought he had any ideas that might help. And he did.J
yeeshthe sarcasm meeter apparently doesn't work outside the SP and FFA?

Sorry. I didn't figure this thread would be much for jokes.

J

Sorry. I didn't figure this thread would be much for jokes.

J
A poster earlier came up with this conspiracy joke, and a day later here is the owner of Leaguesafe.comAh...

crap, jokes are never funny when you have to explain them

A poster earlier came up with this conspiracy joke, and a day later here is the owner of Leaguesafe.comAh...crap, jokes are never funny when you have to explain them
Actually, let's just leave the jokes out of this one as guys are out 20k.J
Agreed 100%. I'm a new poster here but am a victim and have been a footballguy for 5 years. I'll take Joe's word for it. This is a pretty serious thread, and I appreciate the advice from the leaguesafe gent. Jokes and sarcasm should be saved for elsewhereKeep in mind though, we have to assume the money is gone, so I think from the advice we have, Facebook page, IRS, his work, and possibly the police department are the best shots. Not many lawyers are going to take a civil suit pro-bono against (edited) an individual with no apparant assests and no means to pay his lawyer fees, unless we get lucky and someone affected is a lawyer.I'm in the process of researching his company further....I'll post my findings

[What ever happened to Turfwar.com, Paul? I saw your mug on that site pimpin it and then BAM they ran off with everyone's money. Thoughts?
They ran off with my money too. I was paid to cut player analysis videos, and only got paid for the first batch, when they still had money. Jeff Pester still owes me $5k.
Right on Paul, always wanted to know the story. Thanks for sharing.

Hey guys sorry i'm late to posting in this thread.

I was in a BZFF league...affected by Chris' gambling...told the league I am not returning next year.

I am in Elite Dynasty - Presidential Suite....I built my team for the future(lots of young players/college player) and pretty much sacrificed year 1.

Well I didn't win...and am only out the $50 deposit...but i've been doing dynasty for 4 years now....but getting burned twice now by commishes makes hesitant about this hobby.

ETA: I think I was in a league with Aquil that ended...i'm going to go back and research that.

ETA: I'm trying to figure out his team in Pres Suite....but I think he had 1 college player....and all the other owners split the 20 college players....makes me think it was planned.

I went back and found his team was either N'ter tha Draggin or Hipster Doofii(we had a Seinfeld theme).

Hey guys sorry i'm late to posting in this thread.I was in a BZFF league...affected by Chris' gambling...told the league I am not returning next year.I am in Elite Dynasty - Presidential Suite....I built my team for the future(lots of young players/college player) and pretty much sacrificed year 1.Well I didn't win...and am only out the $50 deposit...but i've been doing dynasty for 4 years now....but getting burned twice now by commishes makes hesitant about this hobby.ETA: I think I was in a league with Aquil that ended...i'm going to go back and research that.ETA: I'm trying to figure out his team in Pres Suite....but I think he had 1 college player....and all the other owners split the 20 college players....makes me think it was planned.I went back and found his team was either N'ter tha Draggin or Hipster Doofii(we had a Seinfeld theme).
I remember that he used N'ter the Draggin. Hipster is a well respected guy around here.

ETA: I think I was in a league with Aquil that ended...i'm going to go back and research that.I went back and found his team was either N'ter tha Draggin or Hipster Doofii(we had a Seinfeld theme).
Yes, that was him. I ran that league. That's how I had his name and work email and some other contact info.

Hey guys sorry i'm late to posting in this thread.I was in a BZFF league...affected by Chris' gambling...told the league I am not returning next year.I am in Elite Dynasty - Presidential Suite....I built my team for the future(lots of young players/college player) and pretty much sacrificed year 1.Well I didn't win...and am only out the $50 deposit...but i've been doing dynasty for 4 years now....but getting burned twice now by commishes makes hesitant about this hobby.ETA: I think I was in a league with Aquil that ended...i'm going to go back and research that.ETA: I'm trying to figure out his team in Pres Suite....but I think he had 1 college player....and all the other owners split the 20 college players....makes me think it was planned.I went back and found his team was either N'ter tha Draggin or Hipster Doofii(we had a Seinfeld theme).
I remember that he used N'ter the Draggin. Hipster is a well respected guy around here.
No, Hipster Doofi was his team name in a league, not his user name here on FBG

I was in a BZFF league...affected by Chris' gambling...told the league I am not returning next year.

I am in Elite Dynasty - Presidential Suite....I built my team for the future(lots of young players/college player) and pretty much sacrificed year 1.

Well I didn't win...and am only out the $50 deposit...but i've been doing dynasty for 4 years now....but getting burned twice now by commishes makes hesitant about this hobby.

ETA: I think I was in a league with Aquil that ended...i'm going to go back and research that.

ETA: I'm trying to figure out his team in Pres Suite....but I think he had 1 college player....and all the other owners split the 20 college players....makes me think it was planned.

I went back and found his team was either N'ter tha Draggin or Hipster Doofii(we had a Seinfeld theme).
Wait.... BZ leagues were still alive this past season? Because he had issues last year (after the 09 season.) I got paid after a few weeks, but he admitted using the money, etc etc, said he'd pay everyone back. Pretty sure it was discussed some on FBG, too. Please tell me you BZ guys are talking about 09 season and that he didn't run 2010 leagues after the travesty he had in 09.

Wait.... BZ leagues were still alive this past season? Because he had issues last year (after the 09 season.) I got paid after a few weeks, but he admitted using the money, etc etc, said he'd pay everyone back. Pretty sure it was discussed some on FBG, too. Please tell me you BZ guys are talking about 09 season and that he didn't run 2010 leagues after the travesty he had in 09.
He used 2010 money to pay off a few of you 2009 guys. There were posts all over in this forum by Chris trying to fill open teams, and in none of those threads was it ever mentioned the money issues from the 2009 season. I believe he paid half the winnings to all 2010 winners and is still attempting to reconcile all the leagues. I do not know if anymore 2009 winners are without money.

He used 2010 money to pay off a few of you 2009 guys. There were posts all over in this forum by Chris trying to fill open teams, and in none of those threads was it ever mentioned the money issues from the 2009 season. I believe he paid half the winnings to all 2010 winners and is still attempting to reconcile all the leagues. I do not know if anymore 2009 winners are without money.
Holy @#$%, that's awful...I really didn't hit this forum last year (wasn't looking for a league) - I definitely would have said something. He said he was folding it all last year. I basically took my late-paid winnings and just assumed the league folded. It was league D, I believe.

Unbelievable.

No, Hipster Doofi was his team name in a league, not his user name here on FBG
My fault, just remember the Draggin name from some drafts I followed.

:lmao:

Personal info is correct compared to my records.

I'm out $75 for a future year trade deposit. He did pay in full in one of the leagues that I won last year.

Here's an email that he sent out today to one of his leagues

That's why it's always a good idea to not buy into rumors and innuendo.

They have a life all their own. I'll send out a message later to address the status and future of this league.

One more thing before you leave. Did you (dragons) get paid when you won?

The same can be asked of anybody else who has won in any of these leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread