What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wed. Eagles Update (1 Viewer)

JaxBill

Footballguy
Wednesday's News & Notes

October 11, 2006

By BOB KENT

Brian Westbrook has done very little on the practice field since the second week of the season, but he is expected to practice Wednesday as the team begins its preparations for the New Orleans Saints.

Meanwhile, head coach Andy Reid listed wide receiver Donte Stallworth (hamstring) and nickel back Rod Hood (heel) as doubtful for Sunday's game.

In other news, starting cornerback Lito Sheppard was named NFC defensive player of the week.

But the news of the day is Westbrook.

"It'll be good to get him back," Reid said. "It'll be good for him."
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNews...il.jsp?id=57335

:goodposting: Hopefully he doesn't hurt it worse by trying too much. I am sure that the Eagles will be cautious with him.

With Stallworth most likely out, and Brown most likely on a roster who is the #2 guy? Lewis or Baskett?

WESTBROOK!!!

:D :D :D

This news gets me more fired up than him scoring a 70 yard TD. My man is going to PRACTICE this week! PRACTICE BABY!

:banned:

It seems Westy doesn't need to practice. But the news that he is healthy enough to do so is encouraging to us owners anyway. But at the same time it worried us that he might aggravate the knee. And that brings us back to...

it seems Westy doesn't need to practice.

It seems Westy doesn't need to practice. But the news that he is healthy enough to do so is encouraging to us owners anyway. But at the same time it worried us that he might aggravate the knee. And that brings us back to... it seems Westy doesn't need to practice.
I don't care. If he's practicing, he's getting better and likely won't need surgery.I'm sure he's taking it easy in practice anyway.

From the Eagles website:

Brian Westbrook has done very little on the practice field since the second week of the season, but he was an active participant in Wednesday's workouts as the team began its preparations for Sunday's game against the Saints.

"Brian said it the best, that you need to get out there and you need to practice," head coach Andy Reid said.

After missing the Oct. 2 game with Green Bay and a week's worth of practice, Westbrook contributed 86 yards and a touchdown on 16 touches Sunday's win over Dallas. Westbrook caught a screen pass on the first snap from scrimmage and gained 24 yards. Then he had a catch and run for another 11 yards, but fumbled at the end of the play. He later attributed that to simply being rusty.

To his credit, Westbrook has put up some impressive numbers with limited practice time this season -- he ranks fifth in the NFL with 506 yards from scrimmage.

Westbrook came out of the Dallas game with very little swelling in his right knee. And the sight of No. 36 on the practice field was certainly a good way to start off the week. Officially, Westbrook is listed as questionable for this weekend's game.

Meanwhile, head coach Andy Reid listed wide receiver Donte Stallworth (hamstring) and nickel back Rod Hood (heel) as doubtful for Sunday's game

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Eagles website:

Brian Westbrook has done very little on the practice field since the second week of the season, but he was an active participant in Wednesday's workouts as the team began its preparations for Sunday's game against the Saints.

"Brian said it the best, that you need to get out there and you need to practice," head coach Andy Reid said.

After missing the Oct. 2 game with Green Bay and a week's worth of practice, Westbrook contributed 86 yards and a touchdown on 16 touches Sunday's win over Dallas. Westbrook caught a screen pass on the first snap from scrimmage and gained 24 yards. Then he had a catch and run for another 11 yards, but fumbled at the end of the play. He later attributed that to simply being rusty.

To his credit, Westbrook has put up some impressive numbers with limited practice time this season -- he ranks fifth in the NFL with 506 yards from scrimmage.

Westbrook came out of the Dallas game with very little swelling in his right knee. And the sight of No. 36 on the practice field was certainly a good way to start off the week. Officially, Westbrook is listed as questionable for this weekend's game.

Meanwhile, head coach Andy Reid listed wide receiver Donte Stallworth (hamstring) and nickel back Rod Hood (heel) as doubtful for Sunday's game
:thumbup: :yes: :D

Thursday update

October 12, 2006

By BOB KENT

For the last three weeks, the question has been about Brian Westbrook's injured knee and the swelling that surrounded it.

Well, the swelling is down and Westbrook made it through a second day of practice without incident on Thursday, marking the first time the multi-purpose back has participated in consecutive workouts since Sept. 13 and 14. However, he remains listed as questionable for Sunday's game at New Orleans.

"I'm still at the point where I'm still trying to manage the swelling," Westbrook said. "The swelling has been down this week so that's why I'm able to practice. Hopefully that will continue for the next couple weeks and I won't have to worry about it anymore.

"Last week I couldn't practice at this time. This week I'm able to practice, I'm able to keep the swelling down. I definitely feel like it's a lot better."
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNews...il.jsp?id=57440

F'n Stallworth :angry:
Still don't understand why they even let him play in that Monday night game a couple of weeks ago when he was clearly not totally healed yet and they were playing a team that they more than likely were going to beat without him. Mindless in my opinion.

Westy didnt practice today. Stallworth almost certainly out. On the doubtful side of doubtful after not practicing again.

What kind of numbers are we expecting from McNabb and the receiving corps? Anyone feel like putting up some projections?

I'm interested to see if there might be worth in picking up Baskett and starting him as a last WR. Thinking I know what the consensus will be though.

But Westy is doing better and will start Sunday, right?
Yeah, Westy's a go, he's just taking-er easy for all us sinners today. He's playing Sunday. The iggles piped in loud crowd sounds to prep for the Superdome on Sunday. Won't Matter- Donny Mac can run that offense blind and deaf. :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread