What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

Ugh.

Lions up 24-3 in the first and Megatron has no catch.

Barber finally gets some yards...and fumbles.

Looking for Rice...anyone see?

Forsett....such the hot WW pick this week.... :confused:

I hate you so much Greg Jennings. :thumbup:
The guy burns his owners so many weeks without doing anything and all of a sudden Rodgers can miraculously throw to him again.That being said, the 49ers don't pressure the QB well. They seldom blitz. This means Aaron can revert back to the offensive scheme that worked so well last year and made Jennings a WR1 in most drafts.(I say this and yet I benched him too. I feel your pain.)

Two venting points for this week so far from me. My first vent is in regards to this thread week in and week out. And this is not intended to be a shot at anyone who posted in here already this week, which I hope those posters can understand. I'm not the type of poster who likes to attack or provoke people around here normally. This week's posters just happened to be the posters the week I decided to make my venting post about the venting thread.

Why do people always come in and vent mid game? There's no difference in the final stats if a player goes for 100 yards and a TD in the first half or in the second half of their game. Yet every week there are people in here venting about "insert player" doing nothing around half time of their game and then that player finishes their game with very nice production for the day. I just can't understand why people expect their players to start every game on fire; and when their players have a slow start, they get nervous and come here to vent prematurely. Of course we would all like our players to rack up yards and score a TD on the first drive of every game, but that's not going to happen. Anyone with the urge to vent mid-game just needs to sit back, grab a stiff drink, and realize that there's 60 minutes of play for your players to go get those yards and touchdowns; and by the end of the game, you won't care when in the game your players racked up their stats as long as they did it by the end of the game.

Major cases in point this week:

1) CJohnson - 7 catches for 161 yards and a TD. Good for 22 points in non-PPR leagues and 29 points in PPR leagues.

2) GJennings - 5 catches for 126 yards and a TD. Good for 18 points in non-PPR leagues and 23 points in PPR leagues.

Minor cases in point this week:

1) RRice - 71 yards rushing plus 7 catches for 64 yards, just no TDs. If he had managed a TD, it would have been a very good day but even without the TD, I can't see how this production would have hurt a team at all; and if it did, what were they really expecting then? Good for 13 points in in non-PPR and 20 points in PPR.

2) JForsett - 9 yards rushing and a TD plus 8 catches for 80 yards. Remember he was a WW pick up so you shouldn't be expecting 1st round RB production especially against Minnesota. Yet he put up 14 points in non-PPR leagues and 20 points in PPR leagues.

3) MColston - 5 catches for 74 yards. Maybe not a great day for a WR1, but I'll take that as a down day from my WR1 any day.

4) MBarber - 99 yards rushing plus 1 catch for 8 yards and, unfortunately, a fumble. Aside from the fumble and the lack of a TD, MBarber had over 100 total yards and was 1 yard shy of 100 yards rushing in a game where Dallas managed 7 points and just over 300 yards of total offense.

My second vent is in regards to my luck this season in my 12 team PPR league with a bunch of old college buddies. I'm that guy that every league has who keeps getting screwed on his weekly H2H matchups. I'm the second highest scoring team so far this year yet I'm only 5-5 and 2 games out of the last playoff spot, but still fighting. Fortunately, this week I was up against the lowest scoring team in the league who also has the worst record at 2-8. I look over my lineup and matchups and feel comfortable trotting out Schaub/Palmer/SJax/Gore/MSW/Boldin/VDavis/Hightower against his Garrard/Stafford/SSlaton/MBush/Megatron/TOwens/Witten/Fitzpatrick and feel that a win this week should be fairly easy. Of course I should have known with the way this season has gone that no win is an easy win anymore.

At the start of the 4 o'clock games I was already down by 59 points, 139 to 80. This is of course thanks to the following players having one of their best if not their best games of the season today against me:

1) MStafford - 422 passing yards with 5 TDs. 38 points in our league.

2) Megatron - 7 catches for 161 yards and a TD. 30 points in our league.

3) TOwens - 9 catches for 197 yards and a TD. 36 points in our league.

So instead of having a relaxing evening with my fantasy game basically in the bag, I find myself watching as many games as I can to catch all the stat updates and hoping that my late game players can at least close the gap I'm looking at before heading into the Monday night game where I will have Schaub going and he will have Slaton going. So far, they have closed the gap by 20 points which is a damn good start.

And before someone makes a comment about my venting against people who vent about their players before that player's game is done as being the same as my venting about my overall fantasy matchup before the week's games are over; I'll simply say they are apples and oranges to me. While I can agree that both are instances of venting in the middle of an event, I'm not venting about my having lost this week before I have actually lost. To the contrary, I still think I have a very good chance to still pull out a win this week. What I am doing though is venting about the fact that a game which I thought would be in the bag by this point is not and venting about the fact that I continuously seem to go up against teams whose players have their best games of the season against me.

Two venting points for this week so far from me. My first vent is in regards to this thread week in and week out. And this is not intended to be a shot at anyone who posted in here already this week, which I hope those posters can understand. I'm not the type of poster who likes to attack or provoke people around here normally. This week's posters just happened to be the posters the week I decided to make my venting post about the venting thread. Why do people always come in and vent mid game? There's no difference in the final stats if a player goes for 100 yards and a TD in the first half or in the second half of their game. Yet every week there are people in here venting about "insert player" doing nothing around half time of their game and then that player finishes their game with very nice production for the day. I just can't understand why people expect their players to start every game on fire; and when their players have a slow start, they get nervous and come here to vent prematurely. Of course we would all like our players to rack up yards and score a TD on the first drive of every game, but that's not going to happen. Anyone with the urge to vent mid-game just needs to sit back, grab a stiff drink, and realize that there's 60 minutes of play for your players to go get those yards and touchdowns; and by the end of the game, you won't care when in the game your players racked up their stats as long as they did it by the end of the game. Major cases in point this week:1) CJohnson - 7 catches for 161 yards and a TD. Good for 22 points in non-PPR leagues and 29 points in PPR leagues.2) GJennings - 5 catches for 126 yards and a TD. Good for 18 points in non-PPR leagues and 23 points in PPR leagues. Minor cases in point this week:1) RRice - 71 yards rushing plus 7 catches for 64 yards, just no TDs. If he had managed a TD, it would have been a very good day but even without the TD, I can't see how this production would have hurt a team at all; and if it did, what were they really expecting then? Good for 13 points in in non-PPR and 20 points in PPR. 2) JForsett - 9 yards rushing and a TD plus 8 catches for 80 yards. Remember he was a WW pick up so you shouldn't be expecting 1st round RB production especially against Minnesota. Yet he put up 14 points in non-PPR leagues and 20 points in PPR leagues.3) MColston - 5 catches for 74 yards. Maybe not a great day for a WR1, but I'll take that as a down day from my WR1 any day.4) MBarber - 99 yards rushing plus 1 catch for 8 yards and, unfortunately, a fumble. Aside from the fumble and the lack of a TD, MBarber had over 100 total yards and was 1 yard shy of 100 yards rushing in a game where Dallas managed 7 points and just over 300 yards of total offense. My second vent is in regards to my luck this season in my 12 team PPR league with a bunch of old college buddies. I'm that guy that every league has who keeps getting screwed on his weekly H2H matchups. I'm the second highest scoring team so far this year yet I'm only 5-5 and 2 games out of the last playoff spot, but still fighting. Fortunately, this week I was up against the lowest scoring team in the league who also has the worst record at 2-8. I look over my lineup and matchups and feel comfortable trotting out Schaub/Palmer/SJax/Gore/MSW/Boldin/VDavis/Hightower against his Garrard/Stafford/SSlaton/MBush/Megatron/TOwens/Witten/Fitzpatrick and feel that a win this week should be fairly easy. Of course I should have known with the way this season has gone that no win is an easy win anymore. At the start of the 4 o'clock games I was already down by 59 points, 139 to 80. This is of course thanks to the following players having one of their best if not their best games of the season today against me:1) MStafford - 422 passing yards with 5 TDs. 38 points in our league.2) Megatron - 7 catches for 161 yards and a TD. 30 points in our league.3) TOwens - 9 catches for 197 yards and a TD. 36 points in our league.So instead of having a relaxing evening with my fantasy game basically in the bag, I find myself watching as many games as I can to catch all the stat updates and hoping that my late game players can at least close the gap I'm looking at before heading into the Monday night game where I will have Schaub going and he will have Slaton going. So far, they have closed the gap by 20 points which is a damn good start.And before someone makes a comment about my venting against people who vent about their players before that player's game is done as being the same as my venting about my overall fantasy matchup before the week's games are over; I'll simply say they are apples and oranges to me. While I can agree that both are instances of venting in the middle of an event, I'm not venting about my having lost this week before I have actually lost. To the contrary, I still think I have a very good chance to still pull out a win this week. What I am doing though is venting about the fact that a game which I thought would be in the bag by this point is not and venting about the fact that I continuously seem to go up against teams whose players have their best games of the season against me.
The 1st half of this post is probably the most intelligent/spot on thing that I have ever read on these boards. Kudos.

Two venting points for this week so far from me. My first vent is in regards to this thread week in and week out. And this is not intended to be a shot at anyone who posted in here already this week, which I hope those posters can understand. I'm not the type of poster who likes to attack or provoke people around here normally. This week's posters just happened to be the posters the week I decided to make my venting post about the venting thread. Why do people always come in and vent mid game? There's no difference in the final stats if a player goes for 100 yards and a TD in the first half or in the second half of their game. Yet every week there are people in here venting about "insert player" doing nothing around half time of their game and then that player finishes their game with very nice production for the day. I just can't understand why people expect their players to start every game on fire; and when their players have a slow start, they get nervous and come here to vent prematurely. Of course we would all like our players to rack up yards and score a TD on the first drive of every game, but that's not going to happen. Anyone with the urge to vent mid-game just needs to sit back, grab a stiff drink, and realize that there's 60 minutes of play for your players to go get those yards and touchdowns; and by the end of the game, you won't care when in the game your players racked up their stats as long as they did it by the end of the game. Major cases in point this week:1) CJohnson - 7 catches for 161 yards and a TD. Good for 22 points in non-PPR leagues and 29 points in PPR leagues.2) GJennings - 5 catches for 126 yards and a TD. Good for 18 points in non-PPR leagues and 23 points in PPR leagues. Minor cases in point this week:1) RRice - 71 yards rushing plus 7 catches for 64 yards, just no TDs. If he had managed a TD, it would have been a very good day but even without the TD, I can't see how this production would have hurt a team at all; and if it did, what were they really expecting then? Good for 13 points in in non-PPR and 20 points in PPR. 2) JForsett - 9 yards rushing and a TD plus 8 catches for 80 yards. Remember he was a WW pick up so you shouldn't be expecting 1st round RB production especially against Minnesota. Yet he put up 14 points in non-PPR leagues and 20 points in PPR leagues.3) MColston - 5 catches for 74 yards. Maybe not a great day for a WR1, but I'll take that as a down day from my WR1 any day.4) MBarber - 99 yards rushing plus 1 catch for 8 yards and, unfortunately, a fumble. Aside from the fumble and the lack of a TD, MBarber had over 100 total yards and was 1 yard shy of 100 yards rushing in a game where Dallas managed 7 points and just over 300 yards of total offense. My second vent is in regards to my luck this season in my 12 team PPR league with a bunch of old college buddies. I'm that guy that every league has who keeps getting screwed on his weekly H2H matchups. I'm the second highest scoring team so far this year yet I'm only 5-5 and 2 games out of the last playoff spot, but still fighting. Fortunately, this week I was up against the lowest scoring team in the league who also has the worst record at 2-8. I look over my lineup and matchups and feel comfortable trotting out Schaub/Palmer/SJax/Gore/MSW/Boldin/VDavis/Hightower against his Garrard/Stafford/SSlaton/MBush/Megatron/TOwens/Witten/Fitzpatrick and feel that a win this week should be fairly easy. Of course I should have known with the way this season has gone that no win is an easy win anymore. At the start of the 4 o'clock games I was already down by 59 points, 139 to 80. This is of course thanks to the following players having one of their best if not their best games of the season today against me:1) MStafford - 422 passing yards with 5 TDs. 38 points in our league.2) Megatron - 7 catches for 161 yards and a TD. 30 points in our league.3) TOwens - 9 catches for 197 yards and a TD. 36 points in our league.So instead of having a relaxing evening with my fantasy game basically in the bag, I find myself watching as many games as I can to catch all the stat updates and hoping that my late game players can at least close the gap I'm looking at before heading into the Monday night game where I will have Schaub going and he will have Slaton going. So far, they have closed the gap by 20 points which is a damn good start.And before someone makes a comment about my venting against people who vent about their players before that player's game is done as being the same as my venting about my overall fantasy matchup before the week's games are over; I'll simply say they are apples and oranges to me. While I can agree that both are instances of venting in the middle of an event, I'm not venting about my having lost this week before I have actually lost. To the contrary, I still think I have a very good chance to still pull out a win this week. What I am doing though is venting about the fact that a game which I thought would be in the bag by this point is not and venting about the fact that I continuously seem to go up against teams whose players have their best games of the season against me.
The 1st half of this post is probably the most intelligent/spot on thing that I have ever read on these boards. Kudos.
Excellent post and right on with your critique. :thumbup:

i've made three trades this year in my dynasty league:

trent edwards two days before week 6

donald brown three days before week 7

and then i traded for fitz last tuesday--and warner goes down

i'll let you all know who i trade for next.

So glad I started Steve Breaston today. Seems like everyone on the Cards caught a pass except for him. So, he fell a bit short of the projections this week by having 0 yards receiving.

I just completed a multi-player trade sending Brett Farve (my starter is Roethlisberger) for players including Betts (I have Portis, and I thought it would be nice to have the handcuff locked up). So of course Big Ben and Betts promptly get hurt :confused: Why do the football gods hate me so much?

So I'm down by a single point in a league without decimal scoring. All I need is one rushing yard by Tom Brady, 1 rushing yard by Bernard Scott, 3 receiving yards by Ochocinco, or for Tomlinson to get 7 yards while running out the clock... but, of course, San Diego pulls Tomlinson, Brady gets stuffed on a sneak on 1st and goal from the 1, and after Oakland finishes a miracle comeback to force overtime for both of my Bengals... Andre Caldwell fumbles the kickoff return and the Raiders win in regulation.

I hate this hobby so much.

I really, REALLY hope that Cotchery's garbage time catch at the very end of the NYJ game doesn't come back to haunt me. It got his owner 4.3 points and I'm only leading 121.45 to 84.35. I'm finished and he has AJ, LBJ, and Gould to go. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to give a huge finger to Steve Breaston today...you wait until the double header of my league to put up a big fat stinking ZERO! May you burn in Fantasy Football hell Breaston....!!!!

I can't really complain too hard, since there's about no way in the Nine Hells I'd have ever started him over Matt Schaub, but the 51 points that Matt Stafford scored on my bench would have let me start drinking early today instead of waiting on the Eagles/Bears final later.

Score a friggin' TD early, Desean. I don't want to have to watch past halftime.

I'd like to give a shout out to Jay Cutler. Man does that guy suck... killed me in two leagues by consistently throwing horrible balls to Devin Hester. Also Devin... feel free to return a punt every so often... this put one move and go straight out of bounds is making me sad.

Playing against PHILY defense and I actually thought I got away with Cutler not throwing an INT.........

:thumbup:

2 QBs, Warner and Big Ben

other than their byes, i'm 2-7 on picking the right one :thumbup:

All i need is for Slaton to score a TD then catch a pass and run 99 yards and have Chris Hope force a fumble recover the fumble and run 99 yards for the TD.

That not to much to ask is it????

Nate Kaeding could have gotten me the lead and a win with that extra point... I agree if he was not being so careless and see the play perfectly...

regards,

kelly

Simulation pret

Gates tackled at the 1 again. Ray Rice taken out at the goal line, ditto for Pierre Thomas. Harbaugh and Peyton can.....aaaahhhg !

monessen said:
So glad I started Steve Breaston today. Seems like everyone on the Cards caught a pass except for him. So, he fell a bit short of the projections this week by having 0 yards receiving.
Actually, what pisses me off is that he got no targets either, but he was clearly in the lineup. C'mon Warner, get healthy!

You'd think Breaston would have worked with Leinert plenty in practices the last couple of years. But evidently Leinert was glued on Fitzgerald and the ever-dangerous Doucet. I cannot see how the 3rd receiver in a pass-happy offense is not targeted even once. Dodds projected Breaston with 64 yards.

fasteddie_21 said:
I really, REALLY hope that Cotchery's garbage time catch at the very end of the NYJ game doesn't come back to haunt me. It got his owner 4.3 points and I'm only leading 121.45 to 84.35. I'm finished and he has AJ, LBJ, and Gould to go. :lmao:
Im in the same boat as you. That last garbage catch costs me 4.3 pts as well. Im up 13.5 but I have to face Bironas tonight. Take away that garbage reception at end from Crotchery and im up 17.5 instead. 18 pts from a kicker is very rare but now his kicker needs an attainable 14 pts to beat me

I'm 2nd in the league in scoring and sitting in 6th place. Needing a win desperately. Good news! I'm playing the 2-8 team...the guy who picked Greg Jennings with the 2nd overall pick in the draft...the team who has fully 100 points less than the next lowest scoring team.

He was the highest scoring team this week. My good outing is wasted...again. :lmao:

I decided to play the Dallas D over the New England D.

I'm up by 19 vs. Chris Johnson and Kris Brown. Johnson is likely to get 20 by himself. Would be up by 38 if I'd started NE. Oy.

My luck is HORRIBLE. Knew I had a good team, didn't know how good. After 11 weeks, I am averaging 105.0 points per game, next closest team is averaging 93.0 points per game. The highest season ppg average (13 week regular season in a league that has existed 17 years) was 98.5 ppg.

Why is my luck horrible? I am 6-5 and unless I win out will (most likely) miss the playoffs. No cheating, no unfairness, just plain old fashioned bad luck.

I spent all morning Sunday going back and forth between Caddy and Chambers for my last flex spot. Went with Caddy (4.6 points) over Chambers (15.9). Schaub and Walter got me close... lost by 1.1 points.

To reiterate: Colston can go get bent: 8 recep, ~130 yds & ZERO TDs the last 3 weeks COMBINED. A #1 WR my ###...

Picked up the Lions D instead of starting the Ravens going against Indy. With Bironis going last night, I lost by 2.5. Lions got a negative 4.

And there was of course, the Bironis missed FG.

:rolleyes: :shrug: :lmao:

I am the highest scoring team in our league, yet I am only 6-5. This week I had the 2nd highest score, but who do you think I played (of course it was the highest scoring team).

And MJD, you were facing the worst rushing defense in the league and you got 25 carries. How did you only end up with 66 yards and 1 TD???

Users who are viewing this thread