What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 WW pickups? (1 Viewer)

Ah - should have said Smith. I forgot about him because I actually dropped Battle to get him right before the players locked at 1pm today.

Nate Washington or Jacoby Ford... if they've been dropped.

(as Damian and Denarius fall back to earth) --mind ford's injury--

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably CJ Spiller, depending on the severity of Fred Jackson's injury. Michael Crabtree is having a good game if he happens to still be on some waiver wires.

Probably CJ Spiller, depending on the severity of Fred Jackson's injury. Michael Crabtree is having a good game if he happens to still be on some waiver wires.
crabtree has been almost playable for a few weeks now. was bound to breakout sometime.

Probably CJ Spiller, depending on the severity of Fred Jackson's injury.
Update:
Bills' running back Fred Jackson says "he'll be fine" with injury Nov20 11/20/2011 5:57:51 PM | More The Associated Press is reporting NFL rushing leader Fred Jackson bruised his right calf and sat out much of the second half, but X-rays were negative, and he says he'll be fine.

Probably CJ Spiller, depending on the severity of Fred Jackson's injury.
Update:
Bills' running back Fred Jackson says "he'll be fine" with injury Nov20 11/20/2011 5:57:51 PM | More The Associated Press is reporting NFL rushing leader Fred Jackson bruised his right calf and sat out much of the second half, but X-rays were negative, and he says he'll be fine.
As a Jackson owner, this is great news. I'll probably still try to grab CJ though, just in case.On the Gerhart talk, I know this isn't exactly a WW option, but I think that Percy Harvin is a good person to try to pick up this week. You can probably find an owner who will think they are selling high on him, but if Peterson is out, he'll get a lot of good opportunities, both running the ball and with quick outs.

Seahawks' defense is playing pretty well and they get Washington at home next week. I like them a lot as a sleeper defense in Week 12.

'gebz306 said:
'Oh Yes! said:
'solorca said:
crabtree has been almost playable for a few weeks now. was bound to breakout sometime.
Seriously! lol :thumbdown:
im confused by your post

Santana Moss
:goodposting: Not sure if he'll be back this week, but sounds like he may be inching closer to a return.
yea pick him up for sure.. could be huge down the stretch as a WR #3 with upside.. we all know how Grossman loves to lock onto him...
moss hasnt showed anything all year. not expecting anything for the rest of the yearSEA def for me
Here's Moss's numbers through the first month this season:6 catches, 76 yds5 catches, 61 yds, 1 TD5 catches 70 yds5 catches, 39 yds, 1 TDHow is that "nothing?"

Santana Moss
:goodposting: Not sure if he'll be back this week, but sounds like he may be inching closer to a return.
yea pick him up for sure.. could be huge down the stretch as a WR #3 with upside.. we all know how Grossman loves to lock onto him...
moss hasnt showed anything all year. not expecting anything for the rest of the yearSEA def for me
Here's Moss's numbers through the first month this season:6 catches, 76 yds5 catches, 61 yds, 1 TD5 catches 70 yds5 catches, 39 yds, 1 TDHow is that "nothing?"
:goodposting: I picked him up last week off free waivers. Playoffs are pretty much secured, and I'm looking for Moss to be another good lineup option for later.

In dynasty leagues Riley Cooper is worth rostering. He had 5 catches for 75 yards and a TD last night. DeSean Jackson is probably gone from the Eagles next season and Cooper just has to beat out perennial 3rd stringer Jason Avant and the oft injured Steve Smith to line up opposite Maclin.

In dynasty leagues Riley Cooper is worth rostering. He had 5 catches for 75 yards and a TD last night. DeSean Jackson is probably gone from the Eagles next season and Cooper just has to beat out perennial 3rd stringer Jason Avant and the oft injured Steve Smith to line up opposite Maclin.
Not that it changes the premise of what you are saying, but why are you assuming Steve Smith is back with Philly?Either way, I'd imagine they bring someone in to compete, but I do like Riley Cooper

In deep leagues M. Clayton. Had a couple of receptions and could be a serviceable WR as teams focus on Lloyd/SJax.

Nate Burleson making a comeback. He has been targeted something like 20 times the last 2 weeks and has 15 catches for 145 yards and a score. 14-15 fantasy points the last 2 weeks. Most likley dropped after his mid season swoon. They realize that they need a 2nd WR to take the heat off of Megatron. The #2 WR in that offense can put up # 3 numbers. In deeper leagues Greg Little getting targeted quite a bit and can provide a steady 5-8 points as a #3 in a PPR league.

These guys should all ready be owned IMO , but Greg Little, Kevin Smith, Ogbonnaya, and Mile Williams (SEA) I would pick up if they happen to be on WW in your league. Cooper I definitely like going ahead. DeSean Jackson is one of the most overrated players ever. Prefer Don Brown to carter.

Definitely like the CJ Spiller call. I think he will eventually be a very productive RB in this league and with Fred hurt, he's got a chance to show it now.

If Hass is out Locker would I suppose get the start. But I just get the feeling Locker is going to be a huge bust. Second only to Gabbert. I don't really have any proof currently to back that up. I just think Locker and Gabbert were overrated based on what I've seen in college and now. Locker is a hell of an athlete but so damn inaccurate from what I remember. Much rather grab Ponder if he hasn't been grabbed all ready. Or Orton, as I could swear Tebow shouldn't be a starting QB.

McKnight certainly could have some value. I would still look towards possibly Ridley or Vereen in NE.

Not that it changes the premise of what you are saying, but why are you assuming Steve Smith is back with Philly? Either way, I'd imagine they bring someone in to compete, but I do like Riley Cooper
I was assuming the worst case scenario, that Smith will still be in the mix, although I don't think it is likely he will return either. I find it better to take it into account rather than to assume that he is gone.

'Raiderfan32904 said:
'todisco1 said:
'The Doctor said:
'DeaLerZ said:
'zamboni said:
'elbowrm said:
Santana Moss
:goodposting: I picked him up last week off free waivers. Playoffs are pretty much secured, and I'm looking for Moss to be another good lineup option for later.
I'm thinking Moss will be a nice option to have in the fantasy playoffs. He's sitting on my wire...thinking about dropping David Nelson for him and hoping for the best.

Don't forget about the guys on bye. Emmanuel Sanders will be back at some point. Ben Tate may have been dropped.

'Isotopes said:
'ButterMan said:
How about Joe McKnight?
He deserves some consideration. I thought he played well. I guess his value depends on Green/LT's injury
(KFFL) New York Jets RBs Shonn Greene (ribs) and LaDainian Tomlinson (knee) are expected to play in Week 12 even though they did not practice Monday, Nov. 21.

Don't forget about the guys on bye. Emmanuel Sanders will be back at some point. Ben Tate may have been dropped.
I think Manny Sanders timeframe to come back is around the fantasy playoffs. Tough to start a flier on your playoff week. The guy that sits on my waiver wire is Jacoby Jones. It'll be interesting to see the dynamic that Leinart will have and AJ back. JJ might be a nice speculative add.

Users who are viewing this thread