What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

Here is what I can guarantee you. If I am starting a WR, the WR2/3/TE on that team will get more targets than my starting WR.

It's early, but I can't believe that almost to the first half in both games, between Sims-Walker and Reggie Wayne I don't have a single point ...

I can't freaking believe that after a half of football, Clint Session alone has outscored Jon Beason, Curtis Lofton, Tyvon Branch and Roman Harper.

And my opponents other LB? David Harris who went for 32 pts on Thursday. I'm going to be out of the playoffs now because my "superstar" LB's can't even put up a decent game when I need it while my opponents LB's go ballistic. I really hate this game sometimes.

D'Ohh!! Picked an awful morning not to check in on FBG.

Was in a rush with non-football stuff all day.

Checked CBS for any flags on my starters, at 12:50.

None.

Ack. I wish CBS had caught this. But, then, I wish I hadn't relied on CBS to catch this. They only had four hours.

D'Ohh!!

Looks like Ill finish the regular season 11-2....At least I'll still have a first round bye next week.

Screw you MJD, MSW, and Wayne! Oh, and you too London Fletcher!! I hope you die as well Carson Palmer!

Last edited by a moderator:
FML, White is on my bench for MSW. Ugh.

Moreno on the bench for Norwood. First time I won't crack 100 points. Hope I still get the first round bye.

Thank you Saints D for completely failing this game. You do fantastic against the Patriots and you suck badly against the Redskins, jesus. Also a big thanks for McCoy for getting 2 points in a game where your team gets 34 points and the other 2 backup RB on your team outplay you...

Carson Palmer. No matter how bad the opponent the man cannot put up a good fantasy game. He turns it over three times against Detroit. Yet unlike those who keep starting him he continues to win.

Carson Palmer. No matter how bad the opponent the man cannot put up a good fantasy game. He turns it over three times against Detroit. Yet unlike those who keep starting him he continues to win.
I benched Phillip Rivers for him... :shrug:

I hope Andy Reid gags on his next cheesesteak(which he should be gobbling up right abooooouuuuttt.....now!)

That is all.

Glad I was able to clinch first place last week because I would have been in major trouble had it been this week ...

between the three of them, Vincent Jackson, Mike Sims Walker and Ken Walter had 6 grabs for 120 yards and no TDs. Add in a stellar day from Greg Olsen (2 for 1 ... how does THAT happen?) and it's crap all the way around. At least it wasn't from making the wrong lineup decisions ... I just had a crappy week. Better to get it out of the way now (and maybe even next week when I'm on bye) than in the playoffs.

Not long ago I had a stable of really good receivers ...

VJax

MSW

GJennings

DBowe

Now I have none because these guys are all taking the gas pipe at the end of the year. Just hope it doesn't cost me when money is on the line in a couple of weeks.

MCguidance said:
FML, White is on my bench for MSW. Ugh.Moreno on the bench for Norwood. First time I won't crack 100 points. Hope I still get the first round bye.
To add insult to injury, I thought I might have a chance to win the overall points in our league since I had a 30 point lead going into the week. I am down by 4 points now, and he has Favre and I have Longwell and the Vikes DST. Because of the above moves, I will likely finish in second place (still get a bye at least) but lose the overall points. Ugh. Over thinking my moves for the first time this season killed me.

In a semi desperate situation, I played Jennings over Harrison (CLE).............my stomach hurts.

I went to FBGs rankings for two crucial decisions this week. So I started MSW over Calvin and McCoy over Pierre Thomas. Both were wrong, probably will cost me the week and the total points title and prize money. Thanks.

1st round of the playoffs and im down 46fp versus the Mighty Sigmund Bloom.

Need AP and Fitz to have huge games to even make it close....what a week to have a down week... :wall:

I benched Brees for Favre this week... still early I know but other than the BYE I rolled with Brees no matter what, now a must win and I need 2 more TD's and about 280 more yards from Favre. UGH

The best part of FF is watching players on your bench in one league crush you in another. Moreno!

You guys with your sob stories about your teams that have 1st round byes clinched but lost this week are breaking my heart :goodposting: How about having the highest scoring team in 2 leagues, and missing the playoffs in both of them. THAT'S what I call a vent. In one league I was a 48+ point favorite, just needing a win to make the playoffs. But that last TD by Warner sealed it. MJD, Schaub, MSW, AJohnson, Olsen, and Steelers DEF just killed me. I really really don't like this game right now.

I benched Brees for Favre this week... still early I know but other than the BYE I rolled with Brees no matter what, now a must win and I need 2 more TD's and about 280 more yards from Favre. UGH
Kiss the playoffs goodbye :lmao:

Out of the playoff hunt and trying to lose, I half-assed my tanking the last game and sat just my defense/kicker/ and tight end. Now if Favre of Harvin don't score four points in the final minutes I will win a meaningless game and get the No. 6 pick instead of No. 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up by 7 over the Harvin owner with 1 minute to go in SNF.

Yeah... the starters really should still be out there down 20. And you should definitely be taking timeouts.

Awesome.

You guys with your sob stories about your teams that have 1st round byes clinched but lost this week are breaking my heart :thumbdown: How about having the highest scoring team in 2 leagues, and missing the playoffs in both of them. THAT'S what I call a vent. In one league I was a 48+ point favorite, just needing a win to make the playoffs. But that last TD by Warner sealed it. Schaub, MSW, AJohnson, Olsen, and Steelers DEF just killed me. I really really don't like this game right now.
:thumbup: And why do I feel like some of these "I'm losing, good thing I have a bye" owners have OTHER leagues where things aren't so rosy? Yet we don't hear about those leagues.Posters shouldn't brag in the venting thread. I feel for you. Sounds like you drafted a good team and had good waiver pickups. It just didn't go your way. Draft like that every year and the odds will be on your favor.

Up by 7 over the Harvin owner with 1 minute to go in SNF.Yeah... the starters really should still be out there down 20. And you should definitely be taking timeouts.Awesome.
Padding stats is a must.
Cost me my division, and likely the playoffs - that last td pass to Harvin moved me from a 8.75 pt win to a .25 point loss.

Up by 7 over the Harvin owner with 1 minute to go in SNF.Yeah... the starters really should still be out there down 20. And you should definitely be taking timeouts.Awesome.
Padding stats is a must.
Cost me my division, and likely the playoffs - that last td pass to Harvin moved me from a 8.75 pt win to a .25 point loss.
While it didn't cost me a playoff spot, I feel your pain. I lost by 0.6 pts due to the garbage time Harvin TD.

Silly me for thinking Palmer had a sweet matchup against Detroit. :confused:

And even that wouldn't have been too horrible if my opponent hadn't had Ocho Cinco. :unsure:

You have to be kidding me.

I'm gunning for the #1 seed, and I have the tiebreaker, but I need the team I'm tied in first with to lose tonight.

He's down by 2.7 Points, but he's got Driver...his opponent has Crosby, who just missed a FG and that's -3 points...so he's now up by 0.3

Arg

:unsure:

You have to be kidding me.I'm gunning for the #1 seed, and I have the tiebreaker, but I need the team I'm tied in first with to lose tonight.He's down by 2.7 Points, but he's got Driver...his opponent has Crosby, who just missed a FG and that's -3 points...so he's now up by 0.3Arg:mellow:
Crosby's XP has him up by 0.14 points. If he misses this FG, I'm going to throw my remote through my TV. If he makes it, I'm ditching you guys for the bragging thread.

Users who are viewing this thread