What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 Bragging Thread (1 Viewer)

I am so thankful that I have a bye this week it's not even funny.

Jennings dropped an easy bomb+ Rodgers was concussed.

Jamaal Charles is having a bad game with the absense of Cassel

No Antonio Gates

Orton sucking and the Broncos sucking preventing Moreno from having a good game.

Culter being worthless in a big game

Yeah this sounds like your typical venting post, but this week doesn't count for me :popcorn:

Mello said:
Oh thank God for the bye week w/ Rodgers going down. Sure that's going to tank many teams.
My Rodgers team had a bye. If it counted, I'd have put up the lowest point total of my season. Hope he's back next week though. Being his 2nd concussion of the season, I'm not confident about it. With Sam Bradford as my #2, it's a huge drop :rolleyes: In another league without a bye, I'm putting up my lowest total of the season. But barring a crazy game by Jacobs tomorrow (like 4+ TDs), I'll still advance. Yes ... he was an unfortunate Rodgers owner.Living in Wisconsin (though I'm not a Packers fan), there are going to be some mighty miserable people at work tomorrow. And the predicted high temp of 10F (with 30 mph winds) isn't going to make things better. Though I'm sure I can cheer them up by regaling them with stories of my fantasy team's success :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finishing a 7-game winning streak, putting me in the third spot for the playoffs. Thank you Chris Johnson, Michael Turner, and Malcolm Floyd for coming through today. In the first round of playoffs, I will be facing the team with the juggernaut Michael Vick. I'm going to need a miracle, but this season/comeback has been one hell of a fun ride!

Roddy White drug my team down this week... luckily the rest of my team showed up big time for round 1 of the playoffs....

Peyton Manning 2TD

McFadden 3TD, MJD 1TD

Garcon 2TD, Roddy 0?

Winslow 1TD

I sat McFadden and Colston in favor of Blount and Cal. Johnson, but my opponent was heavily invested in the Packers (Rodgers, Jennings, Crosby, and D/ST). As long as Maclin and Boldin don't go crazy I am making money this year.

Pitt Defense comes up huge for me, makes up for getting nothing at TE (Gates.)

My opponent has the Patriots and Bears defense. He benched the Pats :confused:

Semifinals, here I come!

Won by 2.5 points thanks to Hakeem. Oh, and 30 points by the Steelers D didn't hurt either. On to round 2.

Winning pretty handily over the #3 seed as the #6 seed. This includes some very good scoring on my bench. The only one that was making me sick was looking at Garcon on my bench knowing that I had all but moved him to replace Steve Johnson but I just was not in the mood for sweating the Thursday game so left him on the bench. Of course, he blows up. I also have Matt Schaub, Felix Jones, Derrick Mason, and Mike Tolbert outscoring my starters but I'm not sweating that as I did not have any intentions to moving them off the bench. Basically Michael Turner, Andre Johnson and N.O. Def. saved me as I was starting Kyle Orton along with Brandon Lloyd, enough said.

This is a very satisfying win because if I had lost my bench scoring would have tortured me.

Posted this last night in the Venting Thread:

"####### Witten.

We play a 2 week cumulative playoff. Witten now has 6 TDs on the year -- 3 of which he put up DURING the 2 week playoff. Come on.

I'm the 1 seed, and have outscored both the 2 and 3 seed (who are playing each other, and are both done) but my contest with the 4 seed isn't over yet.

Up 46, in PPR, with Arian Foster still to play. He has Eli Manning, Adrian Peterson, and Anquan Boldin. I'm already thinking about 2011. Was hoping to come out ahead with my Miles Austin v his Jason Witten. Instead I dropped 20 more f'n points.

###### Fantasy Football you cruel mistress!!"

Now I post this in the Bragging Thread:

I pulled it off! And handily! Thanks to AP absolutely tanking, and Eli having a nice quiet game, my frown starting turning upside down around the 2nd quarter of the Ravens/Texans.

Heading to the Championship in the 10th year of my home league (decent money on the line) for the 3rd year in a row. Lost the last 2, and trying to avoid being the Buffalo Bills of my fantasy generation. Lets bring it home boys!

Six weeks ago I was sitting 3 and 5. I've pulled out six in a row and going into the palyoffs in second place overall out of a 12 team league. Thanks to this website and a hell of lot of work to get here. :unsure:

Thank you Tom Coughlin for preserving my 0.80 point victory by electing to go for it on 4th down in lieu of letting my opponents L. Tynes kick what would have been a game winning field goal in my league.

Sincerely,

E

Thank you BYE week

Sincerely,

#1 season point total who scored the lowest points this week.

ps- see you next week with Nicks in my starting lineup and better matchups for all.

ravens def finally decided to play and get a pick 6 to put a stop to the barrage from AJ, i was up 30 with cundiff, and won by 7 when all was said and done dodging AJ all night, or at least trying to...

Last night I was heading into MNF with a 39 point lead. My opponent had Schaub and Rice. After the two point conversion I was down 88.96 - 88.34 and questioning why the hell I even play fantasy football. Then the pick 6, -1 for him and I win by 0.38 to advance to the finals. WOW

Heading into MNF, I was down 92.26 to 58.9. He had Foster left (no PPR for RB) and I had AJ, Rice, Rackers, & NYG "D". I was trailing by about 2.5 pts after the Min/NYG game and at halftime of the Hou game. AJ blowing up and Rackers being clutch and I coast to a win. I was the #3 seed vs the Commish's #6 seed (who was in my division) and had to beat him 3 times this season (twice in the reg. season and then this weekend).

That one felt really, really good. I say that now, but man, that was an epic sweat on MNF, let me tell you! :cry:

Oh yeah, and I had to pick up J. Jones for Indy about 5 mins before their game to start for me. His 10.7 was clutch!

I really want some one to brag about starting Jay Feely, that would have to be a good feeling.
Wasn't me, but a guy in our leauge grabbed him off the WW on Sunday due to Prater's injury. Result: 32.5 points in a game that he won by 8.5, which got him the #1 seed in his half of the playoff bracket. If he had lost, he'd have either been seeded 4th or might have missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker.

I had a 2pt lead and Mason, he had Schaub. PPR league. Schaub's INT in OT won it for me.

Talk about a stressful game to watch.

I am loving these stories... Who knew Nick Folk was my hero afterall.. All I needed out of Folk last week was 4 points to win my regular season title and the extra cash.. Well he did not come through and I ended up the # 2 seed and we do not give bye weeks.. Long story short, the #8 seed put up the highest scoring week of the season (154) and knocked off the # 1 seed, while I came back from behind on MNF to cruise to a 139 point weekend. Needless to say, I would not have advanced, had Nick folk kicked 2 FG's last Monday night.. Whew, survive and advance !

Going in to the 4th quarter last night, I was down by 5 points and about to be bounced from 3rd place to out of the playoffs.

I had AJ vs. Flacco.

I stopped watching in disgust having the most points and about to be bounced to 5th place.

Woke up this morning. 1st and 2nd seeds lost, I won by 5 pts. ended up in a 3 way tie for first and my most points gives me 1st seed. My unfortunate opponent got bounced from the playoffs due to the 4th seed having the same # of wins but one tie that occurred early in the year. A tie with double digit decimals!

Crazy game and I am very thankful. 2 more wins to bring it all home!

I was down 79 points before both MNF games.

He had AP and Jacobs to go.

I had Schaub, Andre and Foster.

After halftime of the houston/baltimore game i turned it off, down 60 (the texans looked pathetic and i couldn't take it anymore AND jacobs had 80 yards and a td). I'm fuming, with the TV on the discovery channel or something but i'm not even looking at it, in deep thought - truly contemplating if I will ever play this game again.

After the first 90 yard drive I started to get texts from the league, I knew I lost the game but started to play that 'what if' game in my head. I then stopped myself, realizing I would then only end up losing by single digits, and making the loss that much worse.

I got a text that Jacobs scored another TD and it honestly made me feel better. Knowing that that was the nail in the coffin.

15 mins later I got a phone call from the co-commish that I was only down 10 points with 5 minutes to go - Texan ball at their on 5 yard line.

I. Was. In. Shock.

I literally JUMPED up off the sofa, came in here and turned stat tracker on, and began the relentless pacing between the boob tube and the computer. Counting off each catch, each yard, each point. Andre's TD put me over the top. I think I had an out of body experience. My upstairs neighbor came down because he thought I won the lottery. It was golden.

I won by 20 and fell back in love with this horrible, horrible game.

All of you guys who "stop watching out of disgust" make ME disgusted. Seriously dude? You watch the whole first half, but THEN call it a night and turn it off when your QB hits your WR for a 50 yard TD? I don't buy it. Depending on scoring system, thats a 15-30 pt play right there, potentially half of what you were down.

And turning it off with AJ v Flacco, entering the 4th quarter, when the Texans are trailing and chucking it?

You ##### deserve to be posting in the venting thread.

Users who are viewing this thread