What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

Greene takes a screen pass 36 yds down to Chiefs 2 yd line... Then gets pulled so LT can lose a yard on a carry, then followed by the inevitable Sanchise pass for a TD inside opponent's 10 yd line. Ugh

Calvin Johnson continuing the free fall that is the second half of the season. 6 yards and the team up 21 points. Almost no chance he contributes today.

Sick of Detroit finding new and creative ways to involve all offensive players except the ones I care about. Defensive TD, TD to Young, TD to Pettigrew, another defensive TD. Nothing to Calvin and Morris has 3 carries for 9 yds. UGH.

Oh good, I'm up against an inactive team that suddenly has everyone fit + MJD & Ray Rice putting up big points...

It's bad enough that Cam Newton has been scoring most of the Carolina rushing touchdowns this year but I own the two Panther running backs, Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Wiilliams, and I can't figure out which one to play each week.

Week 12: I started Jonathan Stewart (9 points) over DeAngelo Williams (18 points)

Week 13: I started DeAngelo Williams (2 points) over Jonathan Stewart (16 points)

Week 14: I started Jonathan Stewart (2 points) over DeAngelo Williams (14 points) [with 1 1/2 quarters left]

Also played the wrong one in weeks 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6.

Matt Freaking Ryan? Really?!?!? Good thing MJD didn't have a good day or I'd really be in trouble...wait.

Good thing I was smart and started Damian Williams over a hurt Nate Washington that wouldn't even play today. Good lord it woul dbe nice to roster a startable WR one of these years. I feel better now - when does baseball start?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Johnsons, Chris and Calvin, coming up so small when needed the most. Don't you love getting beat when you have guys like that and your opponent is countering with guys like Helu and Gaffney ... and is kicking your ###.

so i was rooting for the six ssed to win cuz his team is depleted plus i didnt wanna play the five seed. six seed asks me who he should start at qb, ryan or tebow. i say ryan, he starts tebow. now i gotta play five seed next week and his three rbs are rice, green, and murray and check out their matchups :wall:

I am the poster boy for never benching your studs. PPR scoring... got frustrated with the lack of points the past several weeks with Steve Smith (Car) and Larry Fitzgerald and benched them. They both go off and I would have won my play off game.

Fantasy god's weren't looking kindly on me this year. First picks went; Ray Rice, McFadden, Hillis, and Fred Jackson. Today's loss we totally on me...

Weekly venting over Finley doing nothing.
Rodgers has thrown passes to like 10 different people and none of them are Finley? Seriously?
:goodposting: Thanks for the BIG FAT GOOSE EGG :wall:
Does Rodgers just hate Finley for some reason? For a guy that every Packer raves is "so uber talented, matchup nightmare, super elite TE" he sure is an expensive decoy. Reminds me of how the Ravens have used Boldin the last 2 years, he just gets completely ignored at times...

Dear Calvin and Finley- you both suck. Let me know when you start playing again. Next year.

And Marion Barber- thanks for throwing away that field goal that would have saved me. You suck too, but you actually do suck, like as a football player.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you told me a month ago this team would lose in the 1st round of playoffs, I'd have called you crazy.

Cam Newton

Peterson

McFadden

Megatron

Julio Jones

Percy Harvin

Gronkowski

Akers

Packers DST

Sick.

Well i just started 6-0 and will not make the playoffs unless jake ballard gets 22 pts - Started Carson Palmer and Spiller today - I lost fred jackson and dmc this year and had to trade nicks to get an rb (blount) who hasn't been doing well.

Had the 1 seed and a bye today.

Would have scored 130 points with Murray and Witten still to play. Fitz and Steve Smith get 45 points combined when they played liek crap the past 2 weeks

Damn

Up 50 at half of 2nd games. All my guys get to sit early or get hurt and now I am up 10. 4th time this year in this league this has happened, if I lose I miss play-offs dispite setting the league scoring record for a season.

First time ever posting in the venting thread will someone please point to the shirt for me? Thanks!

Up 50 at half of 2nd games. All my guys get to sit early or get hurt and now I am up 10. 4th time this year in this league this has happened, if I lose I miss play-offs dispite setting the league scoring record for a season.First time ever posting in the venting thread will someone please point to the shirt for me? Thanks!
:ptts:

Actually losing today won't bother me. I played almost exactly who I should've played for my maximim points. I can't control AP and Forte getting hurt.,Bowe playing with a high school qb, etc.., I got my entertainments worth out of my money this year and now it will be nice to go a Sunday without being uptight, checking my game all day and yelling at my TV. It's a relief really. Good luck to all still playing.

Actually losing today won't bother me. I played almost exactly who I should've played for my maximim points. I can't control AP and Forte getting hurt.,Bowe playing with a high school qb, etc.., I got my entertainments worth out of my money this year and now it will be nice to go a Sunday without being uptight, checking my game all day and yelling at my TV. It's a relief really. Good luck to all still playing.
:no:

I could've handled losing this week, but to lose w/ Megatron only having 3 recep for 29 yds & 1 rush for 11 yds....on 5 freaking targets the whole game... I never thought he'd be to blame (was already prepared to direct my ire towards Shonn Greene....oof)

lmao. i was hoping to avoid the fifth seed. one reason was murray plays tb next week. meanwhile six seed has no rbs... except he has felix jones :wall:

I needed to beat my opponent by 16 points and have help with another team in front of me losing to have a chance. The stars were lining up going into Sunday Night football as the team in front of me lost, and I was up 23 with Romo and Murray against Nicks and Bryant. Murray getting hurt and Nicks getting every throw is going to cost me the playoffs. This sucks ###.

Users who are viewing this thread