What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

In my PPR league, I had Aaron Rodgers (only 16 points), Vincent Jackson (8 points), Maurice Morris (2 points), Willis Mcgahee (4 points), Brent Celek (5 points). Just a terrible overall week where I'll need about 35 points from Marshawn Lynch to have a chance to win.

I had the highest scoring team by a wide margin in this league, but somehow ended up as the 5 seed because of terrible luck all season...and I would have had a bye if I was a top two seed. Of course, my team decides to #### the bed in a game that I shouldn't have even been playing.

Started the year 8-0 then the injury bug bit and I limped into the playoffs 2-3 the rest of the way. Finished the season with Peterson and McFadden on the bench and Bradshaw in Coughlin's doghouse.

:ptts:

Started the year 8-0 then the injury bug bit and I limped into the playoffs 2-3 the rest of the way. Finished the season with Peterson and McFadden on the bench and Bradshaw in Coughlin's doghouse. :ptts:
Sounds all to familiar. Started 6-2 and leading the league in scoring. Lost DMC, ADP, Cutler, and on the IDP side, Beason, Ray Lewis and Woodley. Lost 4 out of my last 5 and gonna miss the playoffs and finish 8-6. I hate divisions.....3rd in scoring and sitting at home. Best of the worst ensures the #8 pick.....dayum :ptts:

Well i just started 6-0 and will not make the playoffs unless jake ballard gets 22 pts - Started Carson Palmer and Spiller today - I lost fred jackson and dmc this year and had to trade nicks to get an rb (blount) who hasn't been doing well.
I was 7-0 and I am likely going to finish 8-6 and miss the playoffs, even though I am the 2nd highest scoring team.Having both my RBs and my flex RB put up zeros today sucked.

Highest scoring team in the league but I'm still on the playoff bubble. Win and I'm in.

2nd highest scoring this week and I wouldn't be in this thread if you didn't already know that I played against the top scoring team this week.

ETA: I guess I could still win if Dez gives me a TD and 50 yards in the remaining 7:30 instead of the current goose egg he's giving me.

Last edited by a moderator:
nearly came back from 50 down with only two guys going, if only Ballard fell into the endzone instead of at the 1 yd line on his last catch :cry:

First round of playoffs with my team that has lost Forte and Fred Jackson. I held a 1.26 point lead in non-ppr after Bryant's TD in Dallas game, with me holding Bryant vs his Austin and Dallas kicker. Giants score two TDs to force Dallas to pass again. Austin catches two passes on final drive and I lose by 3.03 points. I also had Marion Barber looking like he was going to the house and turn into a fumble. And, with my RB injuries, I had to choose between Pierre Thomas and Ryan Grant at RB. I chose wrong, as I always do. Originally had Thomas in, last night I changed it to Grant thinking that he was going against the worst defense and NO, even without Ingram, would be splitting it 3 ways. But then I looked back at the season, and how Grant hasn't once put up double digits, and I switched it back to Thomas before I went to sleep. Celek vs Greg Olsen, also chose wrong.

I never come in here...but....

That blocked field goal caused me to miss the playoffs by 1 point

Was up on my opponent by about 40 points in the early games til the 4th quarter. Ended up tied by the end of those and he still had gore and gates....and I chose to start Palmer over roethlisberger. Oh well, theres still 2 leagues I have the opportunity to lose in!

nearly came back from 50 down with only two guys going, if only Ballard fell into the endzone instead of at the 1 yd line on his last catch :cry:
I hear ya. I was down by 18 and he had Witten while I had Ballard. Ended up losing by 2. #1 seed out of the playoffs losing to a 6-7 teamThis is where I usually start saying "f*** it I'll never play fantasy football again"

I never come in here...but....That blocked field goal caused me to miss the playoffs by 1 point
Guy in our league just had the first ever 13-0 season...went into tonight trailing by 12 and had Murray and Bailey left to go - that missed fg made him lose by 1 point.....and now out of the money. Glad it wasn't me or I'd be on a bridge by now.

In the 1st round of the playoffs, I tied my match 106-106.

At first, I was elated because the first tiebreaker is head-to-head during the regular season, which I won.

But this will hit me when the stat corrections come in. The following play:

4Q:

1st-10, NYG31 5:07 E. Manning passed to V. Cruz down the middle for 9 yard gain

It was in fact Hakeem Nicks who made that catch. Guess what, my opponent has Nicks which will give him an extra point.

See you all next year!

1 seed, with a bye this week. After previously losing Fred Jackson, Hillis having the season he's having, and Bradshaw hurting his foot, I was happy to sit out this week. I lost Murray and Jennings. My depth is about tapped. Now have to choose between Hillis and Bradshaw to take Murray's place...and WR I'm screwed. Hopefully Demaryius Thomas can keep getting the scraps from Tebow. This sucks.

Calvin Johnson, Chris Johnson, and Demarco Murray all in my starting lineup and my quest for a 5th straight Championship has officially ended.

This might be the first and only time that I vent while WINNING all of my leagues.

League 1....since I got unlucky last week I had to win and my opponent has to lose to one of the better teams for me to get in the playoffs. I do my part and crush my opponent, putting up 200 with the SEA D tonight. Unfortunately, my opponent plays the good team and the good team craps the bed with CJ, Calvin, VJax, A Green and J Graham all having subpar games. He will lose to someone who starts Colston (and gets 2 TDs) and has the Eli-Nicks combo. That guy only is down 3 with Lynch to go tonight........I need Lynch's back spasms to flare up in warmups.

League 2.....10 teams only 4 get into the playoffs. I am 8-5 and tied to 2 other teams, and I am just 4 points behind one of them. Both teams win easily, with the guy that I was just 4 points behind having a huge week thanks to MJD and the DET defense. I am currently 6 points down with Lynch and Steven Jackson vs Lloyd in a PPR league. I need to win and have Lynch/SJax score 40+ points to pass one team in overall points tiebreaker......can't believe I could be 9-5 and out of the playoffs.

League 3......won my playoff matchup but lost Murray for the year. Add to the fact that I lost F Jackson as well as F Davis, I am pretty much cannon fodder for the rest of the playoffs. Now I have to start either Hillis or Ingram in place of Murray......and DAL has the matchup of the year in TB next week.

League 4......I had a bye....so I can't vent.

Jennings and Witten put up stinkers I lost by 20. Worst part is I would have beat both other playoff teams :yucky:

'Tony Reali said:
Had the 1 seed and a bye today.Would have scored 130 points with Murray and Witten still to play. Fitz and Steve Smith get 45 points combined when they played liek crap the past 2 weeksDamn
I'm not sure that this counts for real, live suffering. Certainly not on the level of other grievances in this thread.My opponent needed 18 from Nicks to tie me. He had 10 after the first Q. He ended up with 16. THAT'S suffering.

Blows my mind how such a great fantasy year can completely fall apart in seconds. Escaped the whole year without serious injury then I lost Fred Davis, Demarco Murray and Greg Jennings in the last 2 weeks. I'd rather be one of those Britt/AJ/Miles Austin/Charles owners who at least didn't get their hopes up.

'Tony Reali said:
Had the 1 seed and a bye today.Would have scored 130 points with Murray and Witten still to play. Fitz and Steve Smith get 45 points combined when they played liek crap the past 2 weeksDamn
Well, at least we all know who to blame for Murray's injury.

Probably my most complete team in years stacked with studs lost in the first round after only losing 2 games in the regular season. :kicksrock: b/c it's a $$$ 12 teamer

QB Vick

RB Foster, Matthews

WR Megatron, Jennings, Harvin

TE Daniels

Angriest I've ever been so I thought I would come in and commiserate with my fellow stud teams to be bounced in the 1st round.

3rd year PPR dynasty league (4 point passing TD). I've never lost more than 4 games in each of the 3 seasons. Lost in the 1st round each year. This season I would have had the 1st round bye, but a team decided to start an IR player and a player on bye in week 12, otherwise they would have beat the team that won the 1st round bye over me by 1 game.

here's the stinker of a team (S = started week 14):

Michael Vick QB PHI - S

Kevin Kolb QB ARI

Ray Rice RB BAL - S

Michael Bush RB OAK

C.J. Spiller RB BUF

Kevin Smith RB DET

Demarco Murray RB DAL - S

Larry Fitzgerald WR ARI - S

Steve Smith WR CAR - S

Hakeem Nicks WR NYG - S

Greg Little WR CLE

Jacoby Ford WR OAK

Antonio Brown WR PIT

Eric Decker WR DEN

Jermichael Finley TE GB - S

Owen Daniels TE HOU

Billy Cundiff PK BAL - S

Tennessee DST

Houston DST - S

ZERO from Finley, Murray getting hurt, and facing MJD pretty much sunk this team this week. Even if I had somehow talked myself into starting Daniels over Finley and Bush over Murray, I still would have lost against the top scoring team this week. I had the 2nd highest score and would have beaten any of the other teams.

What the hell do I do with this team that has lost in the 1st round 3 consecutive years?

:ptts:

Yea I think I have fantasy burnout. I'm so furious at having the best squad and then just have my players drop like flies when it counts.

I'm seriously considering other fantasy football formats to minimize the bad luck factor. Maybe one where every owner has access to every player, and you just a make the best lineup week to week.

Kind of like Drafstreet, but make a league out of it instead of a week to week thing.

Took Owen Daniels out of my flex spot before kickoff and started Brandon Saine instead. That cost me 13.9 points. I lost by 13.4.

first fred jackson...then jennings and murray the same week...luckily i had a bye this week...gonna get absolutely blasted next sunday, but hey at least i finished the season in first place :wall:

megatron you are not megatron, more like jazz who dies in the transformers movies. Now I need 55 points to get into playoffs and all I have left is Seahawks DST and Lynch.

I'm normally not around checking stuff right before the games start, but yesterday for once I had some free time, and I saw the last-second news that Jimmy Graham had trouble warming up and walked out of the tunnel, etc. Benched him at 12:59 for Jermichael Finley. Lost by a point. I knew there was a reason I stopped paying attention to this ####.

First week of playoffs.

Lost Forte last week. Bradshaw and Witten gagged up a 6 pt. Sunday night performance.

Now need opponent's Golden Tate to score less than 12 points to advance.

This season I would have had the 1st round bye, but a team decided to start an IR player and a player on bye in week 12, otherwise they would have beat the team that won the 1st round bye over me by 1 game.What the hell do I do with this team that has lost in the 1st round 3 consecutive years?
Week 12 bye? You sure you haven't been in suspended animation since another NFL season?What to do? Nothing. Keep plugging away.

'faulkfan said:
Calvin Johnson continuing the free fall that is the second half of the season. 6 yards and the team up 21 points. Almost no chance he contributes today.
1 TD in the last 6 fantasy weeks. I was destroying the league, now I'm limping into the playoffs.

That terrible call on brees to graham td would have had me sitting pretty, instead murray goes down, lloyd is gonna be 6 points short (targetted a bunch in the endzone just to make me suffer) and doug baldwin on the bench. And lets not talk about AP. Fml. Oh and keep running draw plays you ##### rams no wonder you suck.

Miss the playoffs because Sherman gets that taunting penalty, giving a fresh set of downs. Please make donations in lieu of flowers guys...thanks.

Got 3 points from Murray before he left with a fractured ankle, a 0 from Finley with his catchless performance and ended up losing by a point. Oh well.

that pass to SJax after they converted a 4th down with less than two minutes, that knocked me out. Lost Murray and Jennings, plus the Graham TD that wasn't a TD. High point man by 200+, didn't get a Bye because of division record in yahoo. Worse beat i've had, but i have read similar stories for 10 years. I played in 9 leagues this year to help diversify (or divert my attention). Have only 3 teams left, wanted 4.

Left 42 points on the bench, lost by 10. Bad enough when your players screw up, but when you make the mistakes on your own. :(

Got 3 points from Murray before he left with a fractured ankle, a 0 from Finley with his catchless performance and ended up losing by a point. Oh well.
Almost identical situation except I lost by three. Jermichael freaking Finley can't catch one decent pass the whole game in a week the Pack run up almost 50? Well actually if you count the pass he DID have that came back because of a penalty....Is it a sign of senility when you sit and smile at the tv instead of being frustrated anymore?

Trailing by 19 in my 2 week matchup...

KILLED by five 1 yard TDs and a Lynch garbage time TD

Sanchez (vultured 2 TDs from Greene), McCoy (30 yards rushing... 2 TDs from the 1 yard line), SJax (6 bloody attempts from the 1 yard line... Thanks Seahawks)

I've also had to play against Fitz twice so far this season. In those two games, he's put up 295 yards and 3 TDs..

Everyone complainIng about Graham's nontouchdown please explain your position. The replay clearly showed his toe causing a blade of white grass coming up AND MOVING! Was it a little fairy in the turf that caused this? I'll grant you it was close, in fact very close but I'm sorry fellows it wasn't a touchdown. Point to the shirt or something but quit saying this. The official made an unbelievably great call in real time.

Users who are viewing this thread