What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Bragging Thread (1 Viewer)

Other team was down MJD and others He offered up an additional $100 in side betting for me to sit Drew Brees.

Hello Josh Freeman!!!!!!!!!!

A strange sequence of events forced me to start John Kuhn.

A reminder that our fate in the Fantasy realm is decided solely by the Fantasy Gods.

Last edited by a moderator:
My second year playing FF and my first championship. $240 win thanks to Bowe, Charles and Rodgers. I doubled my opponent's score, he's done and I still have Turner and Matt Bryant tomorrow night. Thanks FBG, but I have to say I was suckered into taking Dallas defense. Thank god I didn't need them,

My second year playing FF and my first championship. $240 win thanks to Bowe, Charles and Rodgers. I doubled my opponent's score, he's done and I still have Turner and Matt Bryant tomorrow night. Thanks FBG, but I have to say I was suckered into taking Dallas defense. Thank god I didn't need them,
You too, huh? I got sucked into them and Jennings. Thank God I have Michael Vick to go yet. I need him.

Freeman + stayed with Jacob Tamme=I win the championship in the inagural season of our new dynasty!

Probably the only championship I get this year due to my numerous "pro-bowlers" crapping the bed on me last week (and, of course, playing lights out this week), so this one is sweet for me. :P

One title is in the books and I still have 3 players from that team.

Now I can root against Michael Vick in the other league I am playing against him.

2 more titles in the balance with the Monday and Tuesday night games.

Need Brees and ADP to be studs and 3 titles will be mine this season. I also locked up three third place finishes.

A great year if I win those other 2 titles. A very average year If I don't.

Next years motto....less leagues...a lot less = more fun.

T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U Footballguys.com :thanks:

I'm up 50-46

He's got Brees

I have Vick, Joe Webb, Hartley & Eagles DST...

...C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P

:P ;) :pickle: :shark:

Won all 3 of my Super Bowls today with one more to go next week. 2 of my teams I slitthered in as the 6th seed at 6-7 and steam rolled through the playoffs. Thanks to matt flynn week 15 and rodgers, ryan mathews, mike williams TB today!!

Blouses everyone, blouses!!

I squeeked into the playoffs as the six seed and am facing the one seed in our championship. I contacted him earlier in the week to see if he wanted to work out some sort of split because it's a lot of money to gamble on one game. He wished me luck and said he was going for it all (can't say I blame him).

I crushed him.

Freeman :rant:

I'm up 65, he has Vick/D. Jackson/Harvin (return yards, no ppr league)

I have Webb. Go away, Favre.

I've won two leagues so far with a third one pretty much in hand. I'm up 37 and all he has left is a linebacker from Minny. I was in 5 leagues this year, winning 3 of them (more than likely), finished dead last in another, and was the #1, but lost last week. Still made money in that league. All in all I made money in 4 out of 5 leagues this year and my best overall year in fantasy football. Pretty darned stoked right now. Money will go towards a lot of stuff for our baby daughter that's due to be born two weeks from tomorrow. Needless to say, I have a lot of things to be thankful for right now.

You too, huh? I got sucked into them and Jennings. Thank God I have Michael Vick to go yet. I need him.
Picked up Jennings for the block. I have to admit I thought about starting him over a couple other guys. He did a little better than McFadden though.

its not over yet with 2 games to go but I am in lead with games today that Rodgers, Freeman, A Foster, DE Hall, LB Levy, and WR Lloyd and Jennings had....

thanks a bunch guys

still have Vick in another league - need him to go nuts to win that one!

90.95 - 90.6. :hot:

Yep, that's 0.35 differential if there are no stat changes. All time league record for $ won, over $1500.

Championship!

My roster of:

QB: Rodgers

WRs: Austin, Jennings, Nicks

RBs: Forte, Bradshaw

TE: Winslow

Flex: Blount

K: Josh Brown

IDPs: assorted

dominated to the tune of 199+ points. I've got a 115 pt lead, and my opponent has 1 IDP on Monday, plus Vick on Tuesday. Can Vick get 10 TD's? Possibly ... but I think I've got this one won.

That makes 3 fantasy football championships in a row for me across 2 leagues.

Thanks Football Guys! I'm paying for you with my opponents money! :goodposting:

Up by 43 at the moment, my opponent has Turner, White and Bryant going tomorrow night and I've got Vick and D-Jax on Tuesday. I'm pretty confident I'll win, at least I should be right?

Up 148-103...I have d-jax, he has eagles d and Akers.

I stand to make about $1300 after getting the high five times this year. Plus I broke the league scoring title.

I'm loving life right now!

90.95 - 90.6. :wub: Yep, that's 0.35 differential if there are no stat changes. All time league record for $ won, over $1500.
I wouldn't be celebrating just yet. If your league is anything like mine, there will at least be one stat change, which makes your game about a 50/50. Good luck!

We play a 2 week combined score for the Championship over weeks 15 and 16, and I've gone from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs (with a chance to crash again on Tuesday)

After my #1 in total point, best record in the league, #1 seed squad put up my season low of 103 pts (avg. 145 on the year) in week 15, I was staring straight into the barrel of a 58 pt deficit starting out week 16.

Well my boys came out firing (Rodgers, A. Foster, R. Jennings (mmm-hmm), G. Jennings, M. Austin, P. Garcon, J. Tamme, Buehler, Cowboys D (yeesh)) and stormed back with a big 168 pt performance. My opponent laid the egg this time, leaving me with a 35 pt lead heading into Tuesday.....where he has Michael Vick.

I'm more than excited to even be in this thing after my team's horrible disappointing week 15 performance, and I think there is a decent chance Vick doesn't hit 35 v a fairly inept Minnesota offense. It'll be the difference between $600 for 2nd place, or $1200 for first, but more than anything I just want to get my name back on that trophy.

Love Fantasy Football!

Thanks fbg staff and shark pool, just won the championship...

Awesome season...

Thanks to the draft day dominator

The weekly podcasts

Email missives and updates

And bloom on twitter

A lot of luck for sure, but I used every bit of this website to help gain any edge I could...

Thanks!!!

JASSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH FREEMAN!!!

Wanted to add this is our I believe 16th season, let's just say this ring is going to be a bit larger because my left hand is already full of championship rings :lmao:

Only lucky enough to get 1 superbowl trophy in my 2qb league.

Thanks to:

Peyton Manning

David Garrard

DeSean Jackson

Kenny Britt

Tampa Mike Williams

Rashard mendenhall

Darren McFadden

BJGE

Jacob Tamme

and Sebastian Janikowski for Booting 50 yarders like it was nothing!!!!!

Two leagues and 2 championships!

One league I am ahead and still have Vick and Akers to go and he's done. He shot himself in the foot by benching Wallace & Roethlisberger, and H. Miller and put in all Buffalo guys. ooof!

It was a case of winning the battle before it was done. Having Vick totally psyched him out and his team crapped the bed.

In the other league, thanks to Zach Miller and L. Blount, I took down the overall points leader for the 2nd time this year.

Nice payday of 2 first place prizes and points leader in the first league = $570. Not bad when I considered this just a hobby, and never a business enterprise.

My first year as an FBG subscriber, though I rarely used the "subscriber" content. But the predraft homework that this site did was worth it in spades. Thanks FBG's.

Got the championship all but locked up in my big league. The main core of my team consisted of:

Schaub

Arian Foster

Tolbert (although I was starting J Best early on, and occasionally Ronnie Brown)

Andre Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Mike Williams (TB)

Mike Thomas (Jax) (another key midseason pickup)

J. Tamme (was going with Pettigrew most of the time before Clark went down and I got Tamme)

guess I can Brag...

2 leagues..

1st: Won Championship With Vick tonight, also had Forte, Torrain, S Moss, R White, M Williams (TB)

2nd: Lost the Championship Game..Went against Vick...lost by 2 points...

League Champion! Can't thank the FootballGuys staff and all the input on these message boards to getting to the promised land!

Congratulations to my fellow Champions!

This makes it all worth it.

Dave

Second year in a row as Champion of a very competitive Dynasty league! Thank you to Brees, Bradshaw, Rice, Marshall, White, Branch, Gates and Zach Miller.

Won the championship and total points (by 5 over the Vick owner who was my opponent). Thank God my brilliant start of s moss over forte didnt cost me! Thanks fbg and shark pool, and in particular the audible weekly waiver wire show. Jimmy graham was the difference after gates went down, and i heard about him 5 weeks before the rest of my league so i was able to get him for nothing. Blount as well - definit shark pool special.

Also, david yudkin's early post on the branch trade allowed me to scoop him up the friday before the trade went through, and he was good trade bait down the road.

I'm going to miss this 12 team league roster:

P manning / freeman

Mccoy / harrison

Mcfadden / bush

R white

C johnson

Forte / s moss

Gates / graham

Kaeding

Falcons / chiefs

Yeah baby! Three-peat official with the pounding of Vick complete (didn't imagine it happening). Rode to the championship on the backs of Tebow and the Detroit D. It's all about matchups and cojones!

Dynasty Three Peat (team in sig) - in large part due to FGB/Shark Pool announcement that Gates and Floyd were going to miss Week 15. Put VJax into my lineup and that got me to the Championship Game.

Another great year of great information from a great site....been reading the Shark Pool for several years and have captured my 7th Super Bowl...

Thanks to Joe, Sigmund and the rest of the staff for providing excellent information throughout the season again...

-J

Won my 3rd Championship (first since 2006) in my Redraft now in its 10th year.

Weathered the storm against Vick, to win my exactly 6 pts. Could've beat me with one more TD, and I was dying on that last possession thinking he would chuck one up and crush me with a garbage TD as time expired.

Thanks Shark Pool!

Anyone know when the NFL deems the stats "official?" Tomorrow sometime? Or is it "official" the moment the gamebook is available for download on NFL.com?

I SHOULD have a championship wrapped up regardless, but if something really crazy happens with tackles or something......

I won the championship and had the highest scores of everyone in the two playoff weeks. I would like to thank Vincent Jackson (picked off waiver a couple hours before the game last week), Aaron Rodgers for a fabulous game, and Dwaye Bowe for coming through afterall. And of course FBG and this forum gets a big thumbs up.

Played in 2 private Yahoo leagues. Made the title game in both, going 1-1 this weekend. Guess I can't complain about that :bow: I imagine this site certainly helps my teams always stay in the hunt, even when not winning (frankly, with the luck factor, no one can expect to win all the time unless playing with idiots)

For my winning team, Rodgers, Bowe, Foster, SJax, and Witten get my virtual thanks for the week

First time champ in my main league, 11th year in. Won the regular season scoring bonus and then the playoffs tonight- $1200.

Mike Vick in Round 22 was huge, along with Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden, Jamaal Charles, Percy Harvin (KR points helped here), Jacob Tamme, Osi Umeniyora, Chris Clemons, Stephen Tulloch, Vilma, Kerry Rhodes, etc etc.. Deep 14 team league with 16 starters each week- it is good to finally pull it off.

Won my first ever fantasy football championship in one of my main IDP dynasty leagues and got a nice $325 for the victory. A trophy is coming too. Thanks to everyone at FBG for the assistance throughout the year.

Won my 4th consecutive Championship in our 10 year H2H Keeper League. I have suggested to the other managers that the league trophy now be named after me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread