What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Time for Championship Week!!!

I'll start.

SF, PPR

Need one flex for sure (maybe a WR if Pittman doesn't clear the protocol).

My flex options:
Heinicke @ Chi
Rudolph @ Sea
Brisset v SF
Ford v NYJ
Flowers v Mia
Rice v Cin
Ridley v Car
Njoku v NYJ

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone playing in the championship!

Need a QB where they get 4 per passing TD. Murray (vs Phi) or Geno (vs Pit). Would I be crazy to add and go with Darnold (vs Was) if Brock sits?

Ekeler (vs De) at the flex or pick up one of Reed (vs Min) or Pickens (vs Sea). Half PPR.

Good luck to everyone playing in the championship!

Need a QB where they get 4 per passing TD. Murray (vs Phi) or Geno (vs Pit). Would I be crazy to add and go with Darnold (vs Was) if Brock sits?

Ekeler (vs De) at the flex or pick up one of Reed (vs Min) or Pickens (vs Sea). Half PPR.
I don't think you would be at all crazy to go with Darnold against that Commanders defense. SF is going to smash IMO. Your biggest concern is if McCaffrey vultures everything but, IMO, I like guys on teams I feel confident will win.

Between Murray & Geno I probably give the nod to Geno but some of it depends on who is or is not injured in their receiving corps. If Marquise Brown plays I may consider Murray a little more but, as it stands I probably lean Geno at home.

I still can't fathom how far Ekeler has fallen this season. I think he will see 15+ opportunities but that offense looks so bad it is just so difficult to roll him out. I hate chasing points but, under the circumstances I think Pickens is probably a good option.

Had a week of weeks, Nacua, Olave, Flowers, Breece, Njoku, etc. Everyone in my lineup put up nice points, but this week I face a powerhouse. My QB has become Browning, and I got a bad feeling of them at KC, KC either wakes up or its a boring game. Flacco, Mullens, Carr, Rudolph are best options. I kinda like Flacco the most, but Mullens vs GB at home aint bad. Who should I bid on? Can only get one of them. Or just roll with Browning? Not sure it matters really, dudes team is loaded. But why not me!

Had a week of weeks, Nacua, Olave, Flowers, Breece, Njoku, etc. Everyone in my lineup put up nice points, but this week I face a powerhouse. My QB has become Browning, and I got a bad feeling of them at KC, KC either wakes up or its a boring game. Flacco, Mullens, Carr, Rudolph are best options. I kinda like Flacco the most, but Mullens vs GB at home aint bad. Who should I bid on? Can only get one of them. Or just roll with Browning? Not sure it matters really, dudes team is loaded. But why not me!
Mullens might not even be starting after that 4 INT performance.

I think I ride with Flacco's hot hand even against a tough Jets secondary.

I'll start.

SF, PPR

My flex options:
Heinicke @ Chi
Rudolph @ Sea
Ford v NYJ
Flowers v Mia
Rice v Cin
Ridley v Car
Njoku v NYJ
My un-analytical take is I kinda like Heinicke. You have to wonder if Rudolph was a function of Cin Def and Seattle has only given up 300 yards the last 2 weeks through the air. So Rice gets a crack at the Cinn Def now and might be a good pick for WR - Ridley drops back if Lawrence doesn't play, which I don't think he will. Njoku has been hot lately but I'd rather cast my lot with a QB in the flex spot rather than hoping for a TD.

Heinicke>Rice> then Njoku a personal preference over everyone else. Then again I suck at this stuff.

I am hanging on by a very thin thread at WR here at the end. Now Waddle is probably out so I'm down to

Nico Collins vs Tenn
and
1 of :
Noah Brown vs Tenn
Odell Beckham vs Mia.

Or the following are available free agents:

Cedrick Wilson @ Bal
Pickens @ Sea
Dionte Johnson @ Sea
KJ Osborn vs Green Bay
any Giants Receiver vs LAR
and a bunch of the usual guys

Who would you pick at WR to play alongside Collins. (Not sure if CJ Stroud will play)

I'll start.

SF, PPR

My flex options:
Heinicke @ Chi
Rudolph @ Sea
Ford v NYJ
Flowers v Mia
Rice v Cin
Ridley v Car
Njoku v NYJ

Of that crop? I probably roll the dice with Ridley.

(Not that you asked, buuut...Rudolph is a trap, mijo. Last week was a massive abberation.)

Deciding between the following (4pt pass tds/6pt non-passing .5 ppr)

QB:
Murray v Phi or...
Methuselah Flacco v Jets

Two of these RBs:
Helaire(if Pacheco out) v Cin
Elliot v Buf
Conner v Phi
Chandler v GB
White v NO

Currently leaning Murray, White and...Chaaaandler(question mark) right now? Elliot maybe the play with White if Rhamondre remains out given the passing down work hes been getting. Probably like Conner the best to pair with White, but hate his matchup.

All my championship games are standard scoring non-ppr leagues. Just a couple of questions:

Flacco vs NYJ - Flacco has been on fire but I looked at what QB's have done against this defense and it's not much; Maybe only one close to 300yards and one with 3 TD's; Most are averaging 200-225 yards and 1 TD
Carr vs TB - Tampa has been hot/cold on Defense but has given up a lot of pts to QB's over the last several weeks. Although Flacco is on fire, this is definitely the better matchup

I have Pittman ranked higher than the following two players. If he doesn't play, I need to start one of these:
Hubbard vs JAC - He has been getting close to 20 touches a game
Ford vs NYJ - The Jets can be run, but he is still splitting carries with Hunt

Buffalo vs NE - Bills let us down last week but are home against NE this week
Indianapolis vs LV - Even though LV beat the Chiefs, their offense was non-existent

Thanks for all the advice!!

• Joe Burrow Jared Goff
  • Ja'Marr Chase Jayden Reed
  • Jaylen Waddle Demarcus Robinson
  • Isiah Pacheco Jaylen Warren
:kicksrock:

Anyway.....

Pick 2 WR:
  • Joshua Palmer at Denver
  • Jayden Reed at Minnesota
  • Demarcus Robinson at NY Giants
Pick 1 TE:
  • Sam LaPorta at Dallas
  • David Njoku v NY Jets
Pick 1 Flex:
  • Chark
  • Palmer
  • Warren
  • Njoku
WR1 Olave RB1 Gibbs

I'll start.

SF, PPR

My flex options:
Heinicke @ Chi
Rudolph @ Sea
Brisset v SF
Ford v NYJ
Flowers v Mia
Rice v Cin
Ridley v Car
Njoku v NYJ
Coin Flip between Heinicke and Ridley. That is a real tough call. If you do not get large negative points for TOs go with the QB.

If you go Ridley and need another WR, Rice is my choice.

I am hanging on by a very thin thread at WR here at the end. Now Waddle is probably out so I'm down to

Nico Collins vs Tenn
and
1 of :
Noah Brown vs Tenn
Odell Beckham vs Mia.

Cedrick Wilson @ Bal
Pickens @ Sea
Dionte Johnson @ Sea
KJ Osborn vs Green Bay

Who would you pick at WR to play alongside Collins. (Not sure if CJ Stroud will play)
Nico and Pickens.

QB:
Murray v Phi or...
Methuselah Flacco v Jets

Two of these RBs:
Elliot v Buf
Conner v Phi
Chandler v GB
White v NO

Currently leaning Murray, White and...Chaaaandler(question mark) right now? Elliot maybe the play with White if Rhamondre remains out given the passing down work hes been getting. Probably like Conner the best to pair with White, but hate his matchup.
Murray, White and CEH if Pachecos is indeed out.

All my championship games are standard scoring non-ppr leagues. Just a couple of questions:

Flacco vs NYJ - Flacco has been on fire but I looked at what QB's have done against this defense and it's not much; Maybe only one close to 300yards and one with 3 TD's; Most are averaging 200-225 yards and 1 TD
Carr vs TB - Tampa has been hot/cold on Defense but has given up a lot of pts to QB's over the last several weeks. Although Flacco is on fire, this is definitely the better matchup

I have Pittman ranked higher than the following two players. If he doesn't play, I need to start one of these:

Indianapolis vs LV - Even though LV beat the Chiefs, their offense was non-existent

Carr - Flacco could be negative game script if it is an early blow out.
Ford - Better chance at a TD than Hubbard, and that is key in standard
Buffalo

• Joe Burrow Jared Goff

Anyway.....

Pick 2 WR:
Pick 1 TE:
  • Sam LaPorta at Dallas
  • David Njoku v NY Jets
Pick 1 Flex:
  • Chark
  • Palmer
  • Warren
  • Njoku
WR1 Olave RB1 Gibbs
Palmer and Reed
LaPorta
The flex spot is a real tough one, but I think Warren is due.

I am in a standard scoring league and have two questions:

Need two of:
Barkley
Breece
Hubbard
Pacheco (if he plays he starts, but I am assuming he sits)

Need 1:
LaPorta
McBride

Thanks!

I’m a massive underdog so it probably doesn’t even matter, but I need to choose 2 of the 5 RBs from this poopoo platter:

.5 PPR, start 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR or TE

Mixon vs KC
Elliot vs Buf
Pollard vs Det
N. Harris vs Seattle
CEH vs Cin

I literally just picked up CEH off waivers and if Pacheco is out, I think I may lean towards Mixon and CEH?

Need two of:
Barkley
Breece
Hubbard

Need 1:
LaPorta
McBride

Thanks!
In a standard league, I just don’t think you can start Hall. The Jets are awful and I can’t see them scoring many points against a really good Browns defense.

So Barkley and Pacheco/Hubbard.

I like LaPorta against the Dallas defense. They play mostly dime as a base defense and are weak up the middle. A good athletic TE can take advantage against smaller DBs.

• Joe Burrow Jared Goff

Anyway.....

Pick 2 WR:
Pick 1 TE:
  • Sam LaPorta at Dallas
  • David Njoku v NY Jets
Pick 1 Flex:
  • Chark
  • Palmer
  • Warren
  • Njoku
WR1 Olave RB1 Gibbs
1) Reed if he's active, otherwise Robinson (even the #3 WR on that team has great value).
2) You can't sit LaPorta. You can't sit Njoku. Hmmm. I'm playing against Njoku in my championship, so he's bound to go off against the tough Jets D. But LaPorta was a victim of game script last week (lots of running)...won't be this week, so I'd go with him.
3) Chark probably won't repeat, and Warren will still play second fiddle at RB in Pitt. Since you can't sit Njoku, and you should sit him at TE, start him at flex.

Need two of:
Barkley
Breece
Hubbard

Need 1:
LaPorta
McBride

Thanks!
1) Even against Cleveland, you can't sit Hall. And Chuba has a much better matchup than Barkley.
2) Both good starts, but LaPorta since Detroit will have to throw.

No PPR
1) at RB two of: Taylor (someone dropped him a couple of weeks ago!), Gibbs, Mostert, or Montgomery? Leaning Taylor and Gibbs.
2) at TE: Likely or Kmet (if active), with Schultz available (probably only good if CJ plays).
Thanks!

I’m a massive underdog so it probably doesn’t even matter, but I need to choose 2 of the 5 RBs from this poopoo platter:

Mixon vs KC
Elliot vs Buf
Pollard vs Det
N. Harris vs Seattle
CEH vs Cin

I literally just picked up CEH off waivers and if Pacheco is out, I think I may lean towards Mixon and CEH?
I think you're leaning the right way.

0.5 PPR - Need 2 of the following

Diggs vs Patriots -never thought I'd have to ask about starting him
Ridley vs Panthers
CEH vs Bengals
Laporta at Cowboys
Warren at Seahawks
Zeke at Bills

Full PPR:

Achane against the Ravens or Singletary at home against the Titans? Leaning Singletary because of the assured volume. FBG has Achane as RB 10 which I don’t get and left me wondering what I’m missing. Unless Mostert is out, I don’t see it. Mostert gets ALL the goal line work and Wilson definitely had a role last week.

I'll start.

SF, PPR

My flex options:
Heinicke @ Chi
Rudolph @ Sea
Brisset v SF
Ford v NYJ
Flowers v Mia
Rice v Cin
Ridley v Car
Njoku v NYJ
Just hard to not take a QB at flex, so I would roll with Heinicke. Like his matchup a bit better than Rudolph. Seattle is a tough place for inexperienced QBs with the noise level.

Rice would be the only non QB I would consider. Kelce in decline and nobody else good to throw too. Maybe he gets peppered with targets. Love Ridley as a talent but Jags are so up and down on how they use him.

QB:
Murray v Phi or...
Methuselah Flacco v Jets

Two of these RBs:
Elliot v Buf
Conner v Phi
Chandler v GB
White v NO

I'd take Murray at QB, and Zeke + White at RB.

Mixon vs KC
Elliot vs Buf
Pollard vs Det
N. Harris vs Seattle
CEH vs Cin

I would rank them Zeke > CEH > Mixon > Harris > Pollard

No PPR
1) at RB two of: Taylor (someone dropped him a couple of weeks ago!), Gibbs, Mostert, or Montgomery? Leaning Taylor and Gibbs.
2) at TE: Likely or Kmet (if active), with Schultz available (probably only good if CJ plays).
Thanks!
I agree Taylor and Gibbs are probably your best bet. Mostert is banged up, and Gibbs seems to be outscoring Monty each week.

I think I'd go with Likely, but I can see arguments for any of the three.

Full PPR:

Achane against the Ravens or Singletary at home against the Titans? Leaning Singletary because of the assured volume. FBG has Achane as RB 10 which I don’t get and left me wondering what I’m missing. Unless Mostert is out, I don’t see it. Mostert gets ALL the goal line work and Wilson definitely had a role last week.
I'd go Singletary. However, if Mostert AND Stroud are out, I'd go Achane.

Mullens if he plays.

.5 PPR, I need to pick two:

Etienne vs Carolina
Breece vs Browns
CEH vs Cincy
Achane vs Baltimore
D.Montgomery vs Dallas

I have them listed in the order I'm currently ranking them (assuming Pacheco is OUT and Mostert is IN), but not super confident in anyone.

.5 ppr

Cooper vs NYJ
Lockett vs PIT

Engram vs CAR(Lawerence inj?)
Ferguson vs DET

.5 ppr
Need 3 WR 1 FLX

Nacua @ NYG
Higgens @ KC
Collins vs TEN
Lockett vs PIT
McLaren vs SF
Hall @ CLV

Nico Collins vs Tenn
and
1 of :
Noah Brown vs Tenn
Odell Beckham vs Mia.

Cedrick Wilson @ Bal
Pickens @ Sea
Dionte Johnson @ Sea
KJ Osborn vs Green Bay

If Stroud plays you could do a lot worse than, hopefully, capturing the vast majority of the Texans WR production.

If you prefer to diversify then I think you need to chase Pickens points over the other options. If Rudolph is really going to just put up a bunch of 50/50 balls to Pickens that has a ton of potential.

QB:
Murray v Phi or...
Methuselah Flacco v Jets

Two of these RBs:
Elliot v Buf
Conner v Phi
Chandler v GB
White v NO

I agree about White. He's been far too good over his last eight games to bench.

Personally I don't see the appeal of Chandler after an 8 touch game.

Conner has been very good all year. He gets solid volume and is used on every down/distance.

If you don't like Conner I go with Zeke (if Rhamondre is out). His efficiency is ugly but his volume, particularly in the passing game shouldn't be ignored.

For QB, nothing wrong with Murray in that matchup.

Flacco may be red hot right now but Carr does have 7 TD passes in his last three games. He's on a mini hot streak himself. It's a good enough matchup to pivot towards Carr.

Hubbard's volume is tough to ignore, even against a tough run defense and we really haven't seen the big plays out of Ford in awhile. He is still comfortably leading the timeshare but the volume seems less stable. Hubbard is averaging 8 more opportunities/game over the last four. I think that makes me lean towards him.

I play the Buffalo defense. The team seems to be rallying overall and they should just be so much better than the Patriots. IMO Zappe eventually turns back into a pumpkin.

• Joe Burrow Jared Goff

Anyway.....

Pick 2 WR:
Pick 1 TE:
  • Sam LaPorta at Dallas
  • David Njoku v NY Jets
Pick 1 Flex:
  • Chark
  • Palmer
  • Warren
  • Njoku
WR1 Olave RB1 Gibbs
LaPorta & Njoku as the TE & flex. They've both been too good.

I feel like we have seen this show before with Robinson but...I do think McVay may be the best offensive coach in the league and Stafford seems locked in. So...I think I roll with him.

Between Reed & Palmer I think you have to play the better QB and that's Love.

Need two of:
Barkley
Breece
Hubbard

Need 1:
LaPorta
McBride

Thanks!
Fine with Pacheco if he plays and, for me, Barkley for sure IMO. And, I mean do we see any scenario where Breece Hall even comes close to last week? In four games prior to last week he averaged 16 opportunities for 62 yards with one total TD. Now he goes into Cleveland facing a team with high playoff aspirations (suddenly) starting a QB they snubbed twice.

I probably go with Hubbard.

Much as I like McBride's volume I think LaPorta is simply better.

Mixon vs KC
Elliot vs Buf
Pollard vs Det
N. Harris vs Seattle
CEH vs Cin

I think I have to roll out Mixon and pray. None of your options are very promising but they all have some upside. I just think if the Bengals do anything effectively with Browning at QB, it's when they get Mixon rolling first.

I don't like CEH personally, but I can see the logic. If McKinnon is out too it makes a little more sense to risk it with him but I still think I may roll with a guy like Pollard or even Elliot considering how much run he is getting as a receiver.

Full PPR. Start 2 RB's plus I will also start an RB in Flex, so pick 3 from this list:

Kyren Williams at Giants (obvious starter)
Ezekiel Elliott at Buffalo (and does it matter to you if Rhamondre Stevenson is active or not)
Jaylen Warren at Seahawks
Jerome Ford home vs Jets (Thursday night)
Clyde Edwards-Helaire home vs Bengals
Zamir White at Colts (obviously would only do this if Jacobs is out)

Mixon vs KC
Elliot vs Buf
Pollard vs Det
N. Harris vs Seattle
CEH vs Cin

I think I have to roll out Mixon and pray. None of your options are very promising but they all have some upside. I just think if the Bengals do anything effectively with Browning at QB, it's when they get Mixon rolling first.

I don't like CEH personally, but I can see the logic. If McKinnon is out too it makes a little more sense to risk it with him but I still think I may roll with a guy like Pollard or even Elliot considering how much run he is getting as a receiver.
McKinnon is on IR, so only concern regarding CEH is if Pacheco is active or not (other than concern about CEH not being anything special so far in his career and Chiefs offense being a mess), But Bengals defense has also been a mess the last couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread