What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 IDP Waiver Wire Targets (1 Viewer)

Mistabishi

Footballguy
I see Ellerbee and P.Wheeler as the top two on mine that I'm considering at LB.

I'm also in 3 leagues where Mikell is there.

Any targets you guys see?

Shea McLellin didnt have as good a game as week 1... but he STARTED for the Bears.

Wootton still had outplayed him by 10 snaps (tho Wootton plays some DT also).

Dude, Mikell was carted off field with ankle injury....he was still a beast for me playing in Philly and St. Louis

Webbstar842 said:
Crazy to think Wheeler would be available...dude showed signs of greatness over in Oakland
He's available in a league where I'm loaded at LB. Trying to decide whether to drop Perry Riley, Brad Jones or Kendricks.

Looking at Barry Church. Plays free safety and has racked up 7 tackles in each game. Hope it is not a mirage but with Burnett out the first two weeks (my supposed DB1) - I need something more than what TJ McDonald is providing...which isn't much.

They actually started Kion Wilson in place of Foote. But Williams ended up seeing twice as many defensive snaps as Wilson.

My target in one league is Trevathan over guys like Ellerbe. He's got a heck of a motor, gets big plays, seems to love getting tackles and plays the Eagles in week 4. I played in a college IDP a few years ago where Trevathan could get 15 tackles a game. I just love the guy.

If I needed a LB, I'd be looking at Jarvis Jones. He'd be rostered in dynasty but I would think he'd be available in a lot of redraft leagues. Other than that, Usama Young might be worth a pickup, and I see James Anderson, DeAndre Levy and Thomas Davis floating around in some leagues. Could do a lot worse than rostering those guys as LB3 types.

Yes, Ogletree is an excellent pickup. Huge motor and seemingly everywhere. Without Laurinaitas on that team he would be an even bigger beast - with Laurinaitas on the team they are both still great but cut into each other's totals. Similar to Bowman/Willis in SF.

I am guning for Trevathan with Witherspoon going to the IR, but if I miss him I will take Ogletree and have TWO Rams manning my LB corps. Not bad considering I am a Rams fan. Will suck during their bye week though.

I think honey will be good against the saints, but could turn into a pumpkin after that if he doesn't win the starting job this week, and I haven't heard anything one way or the other on that.

After today, you should bump up all Cleveland defensive players. With trent gone and hoyer starting at qb while weeden is out, I foresee a lot of time on the field for the cleveland def.

RE: Ogletree, doesn't St Louis have the notorious stat keeper who refuses to hand out assisted tackles? I think I recall that being a draw back on Laurinaitas.

Mathieu available in my shallow IDP league. Drop Jason McCourty for him?
This week he'll probably get a lot of action again vs the Saints. He might not be available after that. I've started him both weeks so far and so far so good. Not sure if due to match ups, but he sees a lot of snaps.

Mathieu available in my shallow IDP league. Drop Jason McCourty for him?
This week he'll probably get a lot of action again vs the Saints. He might not be available after that. I've started him both weeks so far and so far so good. Not sure if due to match ups, but he sees a lot of snaps.
he saw a lot of snaps week 2 because it was det.

he probably only got half the snaps week 1, but produced anyway.

Yeah, he got 91% snap count last week compared to 58% in week 1. With him coming up with clutch plays and being a solid tackler, I don't see how they can look to decrease his snaps. Maybe won't get the 90% vs non 3 WR set teams, but more than the 58% in his very first game. I think he could have Richard Marshall out of the nickel for Carolina type numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread