What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Week 3 waiver wire** (1 Viewer)

Leonidas

Footballguy
Who are your targets? This should be quite the busy Tuesday/Wednesday for pickups with all of the injuries.

A jumping off list of persons of interest

Knile Davis (Charles ankle sprain and Davis did very well)

Kirk Cousins (Griffin ankle)

Pierre Thomas/Khiry Robinson (Ingram hand/wrist, pending confirmation out ~4 weeks)

Mohamed Sanu (Green turf toe and had a good game)

-

Woodhead/Brown (Mathews injury, can't believe I forgot that one I have Mathews in two leagues dangit)

Who else you got/how do you rate their values?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanu - Immediate impact for the Bengals

Brown - Assuming Woodhead remains the passing option/change of pace back, Brown will get his feeds and goal-line looks with Matthews out

Robinson - Talented and no Ingram, it's either him or PT, right?

Kelce - Shows promise but needs more commitment from Reid

Donnel - If you want in on the NYG train-wreck, this seems like a decent option. He has gotten a lot of targets and quite a few in the RZ

Marvin Jones - Bye week is in week 4, so you may be able to get him next week as his projection will remain 0 (could come back in week 5)

If you believe that Jordan Reed is a long term injury risk for the Redskins, Niles Paul could be an interesting TE stash. He has good rapport with Cousins and I believe he got over 100 yards and a TD this week.

I've got a tough situation on m hands.

Top waiver claim so I can grab whoever I want.

Had Mathews and Moreno both go down for what looks like month-long injuries. I have Stacy who is going to be on a bye in Week 4.

Should I grab Knile Davis who has the chance to be a stud, though playing time is questionable if Charles can bounce back quickly, or Donald Brown who I know will be starting in place of Mathews?

Bobby Rainey

Edit - the biggest challenge this week, in addition to all the pickups, is deciding how much FAAB money to throw out there, and also we have a lot of multi-week injuries where guys will be coming back later in the season. Short benches is going to make this extremely tough to figure out.

Speaking generally and not to a specific team's immediate needs, is Knile Davis the #1 guy this week? Is this the guy most leagues should expect to be taken with the top waiver or a big chunk of blind bidding budget? Who would the top challengers be?

If Charles ankle will keep him out a few weeks, Davis is my #1 choice, followed by Pierre Thomas and Paul for those that can flex a TE. Donald Brown following closely, but I think Woodhead gets his fair share in SD.

Speculative adds in CJ Anderson and Damien Williams.

It sounds like Charles will be fine so I'd pump the brakes on Knile only if you're in in pinch and can get someone like Donald Brown or Khiry Robinson who are guaranteed to play immediately and for several weeks.

Thoughts on waiver bids for Captain Kirk? I'm an RGIII and curious to know what the interest is for him.

It sounds like Charles will be fine so I'd pump the brakes on Knile only if you're in in pinch and can get someone like Donald Brown or Khiry Robinson who are guaranteed to play immediately and for several weeks.
Yea, but if you are a Charles owner, how can you not go hard for Davis?

Thoughts on waiver bids for Captain Kirk? I'm an RGIII and curious to know what the interest is for him.
That's where I'm at right now. After losing 2 RBs this month and with Zac Stacy having an early bye, I need someone who I know is going to start and see the ball frequently.

I'm not sure I can trust that that guy is going to be Knile Davis come week 4.

Charles has a high ankle sprain. That could linger all year if it's serious enough. Knile could be in for a lot of work.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Pierre Thomas vs Khiry Robinson[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Don't know if this specific discussion is better here or in the Mark Ingram thread, but...which one would you rather have? Say you only had room for one, or maybe you go after both with one first and the second as a contingency, which one would you rather have?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Robinson seems better suited to directly 'replace' Ingram (though the way Ingram was playing that seems unlikely) but Pierre got the token start, has more experience, more involved in the passing game, and did still get at least one goal line look in week 1. [/SIZE]

If people give up on him look out for Rudolph and people thinking he is marginal to this point:

[SIZE=small]42: Routes run from the slot by Kyle Rudolph through two weeks[/SIZE]

Pro Football Focus has tracked Rudolph as running 42 of his routes from the slot, which is more than any other tight end in football through two weeks. It could just be noise, but you’d think that slot usage might be a pretty decent proxy for overall passing game usage for tight ends; teams seem to use their tight ends out wide more often when they plan to get them the football.

Through Week 2, Rudolph’s numbers are mediocre—seven catches, 69 yards and one score. The way he’s being utilized, though, suggests maybe bigger things are on the horizon.

If people give up on him look out for Rudolph and people thinking he is marginal to this point:

[SIZE=small]42: Routes run from the slot by Kyle Rudolph through two weeks[/SIZE]

Pro Football Focus has tracked Rudolph as running 42 of his routes from the slot, which is more than any other tight end in football through two weeks. It could just be noise, but you’d think that slot usage might be a pretty decent proxy for overall passing game usage for tight ends; teams seem to use their tight ends out wide more often when they plan to get them the football.

Through Week 2, Rudolph’s numbers are mediocre—seven catches, 69 yards and one score. The way he’s being utilized, though, suggests maybe bigger things are on the horizon.
If Rudolph had a more competent and talented TE, he'd be top 5 weekly. I've owned him the past 3 years and it's been maddening.

Your post suggests that since Rudolph is being used out of the slot rather than being split out wide, that the Vikings do not plan on getting him the ball. Then you state that it suggests bigger things on the horizon. Which is it?

donal brown just signed, sup with lamar miller
Are you saying: Daniel Thomas just signed with Miami, what is up with Lamar Miller?
yes. eating my chipotle while trying to type .. dis burrito takes too much concentration to manage

looks like nothing to see just depth
Are you saying Chipotle Burrito is the pickup of the week?

Yes, Daniel Thomas is depth...Lamar is the man in MIA now for sure.

donal brown just signed, sup with lamar miller
Are you saying: Daniel Thomas just signed with Miami, what is up with Lamar Miller?
yes. eating my chipotle while trying to type .. dis burrito takes too much concentration to manage

looks like nothing to see just depth
Are you saying Chipotle Burrito is the pickup of the week?

Yes, Daniel Thomas is depth...Lamar is the man in MIA now for sure.
yes and ill soon be dropping it if you know what im sayin

I am picking up Damien Williams in deep leagues. Rookie FA back in Miami. If Lamar Miller is the man in Miami, then there ain't no men in Miami.

More of a deeper call, not in the class with Davis, or Robnison.

42: Routes run from the slot by Kyle Rudolph through two weeks

Pro Football Focus has tracked Rudolph as running 42 of his routes from the slot, which is more than any other tight end in football through two weeks. It could just be noise, but youd think that slot usage might be a pretty decent proxy for overall passing game usage for tight ends; teams seem to use their tight ends out wide more often when they plan to get them the football.

Through Week 2, Rudolphs numbers are mediocreseven catches, 69 yards and one score. The way hes being utilized, though, suggests maybe bigger things are on the horizon.
Your post suggests that since Rudolph is being used out of the slot rather than being split out wide, that the Vikings do not plan on getting him the ball. Then you state that it suggests bigger things on the horizon. Which is it?
The slot counts as being out wide. Rudolph has been in the slot a lot rather than in-line.

Davante Adams- He has overtaken Boykin as Rodgers' third option. Thus he could have steady WR3-4 value for the rest of the season. Moreover, he's an injury to Cobb or Nelson away from being a WR2+.

I am picking up Damien Williams in deep leagues. Rookie FA back in Miami. If Lamar Miller is the man in Miami, then there ain't no men in Miami.

Looking to make the same move, the D.Thomas signing shouldn't scare anyone.

how do you feel about him vs. Latavius?
Not sure I feel strongly, either way. If I was taking a chance on getting a 15-20 carry guy, I might go Williams.

Murray has shown some talent, in a very small sample. But I feel he has a much, much tougher path to becoming fantasy relevant. DMC and MJD have both shown they can produce.

Williams, has Lamar Miller in front of him. Miller has never shown me that he is the least bit above ordinary. I'm gonna look at anyone in Miami with a 'RB' after their name, honestly.

how do you feel about him vs. Latavius?
Not sure I feel strongly, either way. If I was taking a chance on getting a 15-20 carry guy, I might go Williams.

Murray has shown some talent, in a very small sample. But I feel he has a much, much tougher path to becoming fantasy relevant. DMC and MJD have both shown they can produce.

Williams, has Lamar Miller in front of him. Miller has never shown me that he is the least bit above ordinary. I'm gonna look at anyone in Miami with a 'RB' after their name, honestly.
If these guys are being looked at in deep leagues, might as well throw Silas Redd in the mix. Not sure the extent of Helu's knee injury, but Redd looked good and may get some 3rd down work if Helu out.

munygon2 said:
Bobby Rainey

Edit - the biggest challenge this week, in addition to all the pickups, is deciding how much FAAB money to throw out there, and also we have a lot of multi-week injuries where guys will be coming back later in the season. Short benches is going to make this extremely tough to figure out.
I wouldn't go overboard with the blind bids or ww priority on this one unless I was the Martin owner. Call it a gut feeling, but this has "trap" written all over it. Martin has poor week 1, gets hurt and sits out week 2 ([SIZE=10.5pt]presumably to [/SIZE]rest up for a short week...they play Thursday). The backup has a great week and people think Martin's days of being the starter are over. It seems like one of those cases where in two or three weeks, those who pick up Rainey will be dropping him for the next flavor of the week.

massraider said:

I think this is the shark move this week. Depending on your leagues waivers you are going to have to be #1 waiver or bid pretty high to get Davis or Brown.

For Kniles you have 3 tough D matchups, then bye week. When does Charles come back? How many starts will you get out of him?

I like Donald Browns schedule but this was a full blown rbbc with Woodhead anyways.

Davis, no rbbc. HA sprains take a looong time to heal..

Cousins..its going to be his job all year, he's just plain better than Griffin. Redskins will be passing a lot, and they aren't a great team, so they'll still be passing when fantasy playoffs come.

Robinson, less of an rbbc, more rushes for him while PT pulls down recs..

Donnell. Cruz looks lost and suddenly has hands of stone , Giants need someone to catch passes..

B. Quick..7 recs in both games.He looks like Kendall Wright of last season, loads of value in PPR.

Wheaton, if not already rostered.

Chris Ivory is a stud RB at this point, a must add..

Still like Asiata, you never how this will end up with ADP, even after todays announcement that he's now active again..

I'd probably tread lightly with Sanu..he's a lukewarm add IMO, teams will just double team him and i'm not so sure he can beat it like AJ does..Gio is the main benefactor in the AJ Green injury sweepstakes..

I'm going all in with Donald Brown. Mathews out a month - and in that time Brown gets to face the Jags and Oakland, both of which just gave up huge rushing days to Foster and Alf Morris this past weekend. Should Mathews miss week 7, Brown would get a 3rd juicy matchup vs. The Chiefs who've been devastated with injuries.

In today's NFL, assuming Brown gets 60-70% of the rushes with Mathews out, how can you not start that against both Jacksonville and/or Oakland? The last 3 times Brown has been given 12+ carries, he's had a TD.....

Donald Brown or Khiry Robinson?
Thoughts as far as priority goes on these guys from anyone? If you're looking at RB's alone this week I think Knile has to be #1 but I'm having a hard time ranking these guys at 2 and 3. I think Brown gets the edge due to schedule and a more clearly defined role. Woodhead isn't going to be running between the tackles. With Khiry, I'm afraid that he PT can become a workhorse and Khiry won't be as valuable.

I'm leaning Brown as my priority.

Thoughts as far as priority goes on these guys from anyone? If you're looking at RB's alone this week I think Knile has to be #1 but I'm having a hard time ranking these guys at 2 and 3. I think Brown gets the edge due to schedule and a more clearly defined role. Woodhead isn't going to be running between the tackles. With Khiry, I'm afraid that he PT can become a workhorse and Khiry won't be as valuable.

Yup. Luckily I already had D Brown on my dynasty roster - was just offered Bryce Brown and a 2016 rookie pick for him (I own Spiller and F Jax already). Very torn on that one - do I go with short term or long term?

Yup. Luckily I already had D Brown on my dynasty roster - was just offered Bryce Brown and a 2016 rookie pick for him (I own Spiller and F Jax already). Very torn on that one - do I go with short term or long term?
You take Bryce and the pick and you run like you just stole something. Which you did. A few weeks of Donald Brown is pretty unlikely to be the difference maker for any team this (or any other) season.

You take Bryce and the pick and you run like you just stole something. Which you did. A few weeks of Donald Brown is pretty unlikely to be the difference maker for any team this (or any other) season.
D Brown faces Jacksonville at home week 4. I'll have D Thomas, Harvin and even my backup WR Larry Fitz on bye in what looks to be a very tough contest. Plus whatever D Martin is becoming in TB. Brown looks to have a great game, and SD won't be afraid to give it to him 25+ times.

Last week Jax gave up 38/151/3 (4 YPC) and the week before they gave up 32/145/1 (4.5 YPC) the week before to RBs.

D Brown faces Jacksonville at home week 4. I'll have D Thomas, Harvin and even my backup WR Larry Fitz on bye in what looks to be a very tough contest. Plus whatever D Martin is becoming in TB. Brown looks to have a great game, and SD won't be afraid to give it to him 25+ times.Last week Jax gave up 38/151/3 (4 YPC) and the week before they gave up 32/145/1 (4.5 YPC) the week before to RBs.
Next five years > one week. YMMV.

D Brown faces Jacksonville at home week 4. I'll have D Thomas, Harvin and even my backup WR Larry Fitz on bye in what looks to be a very tough contest. Plus whatever D Martin is becoming in TB. Brown looks to have a great game, and SD won't be afraid to give it to him 25+ times.Last week Jax gave up 38/151/3 (4 YPC) and the week before they gave up 32/145/1 (4.5 YPC) the week before to RBs.
I'm 0-1-1 and playing for money and pride. I need the win, D Brown may just give me that. If Spiller resigns in Buffalo, what's Bryce gonna do for me?

I'm 0-1-1 and playing for money and pride. I need the win, D Brown may just give me that. If Spiller resigns in Buffalo, what's Bryce gonna do for me?
Probably eventually take over the Jackson role. Donald Brown isn't your savior anyway. He's Donald friggin' Brown.

if spiller resigns I'd think brown would be first in line for his job

if spiller resigns I'd think brown would be first in line for his job
I always wondered why resign and re-sign were so similar yet literally mean the opposite. I think in this case he meant re-sign.

Should I grab Knile Davis
I stopped reading here because the answer is "yes".
I don't think that's a given. For all we know, Friday might roll around and we may hear "Charles is a game-time decision". Do you really want to blow the biggest waiver pick up on the year on a guy that might not even get one game in as a replacement?

I know most people will say "We won't see Charles until week 7" because that has been floated around but people were also floating around that he might be done for the year. Point being, the only thing we know is that they said he had a mild sprain. Maybe he is like Vernon Davis and has a slight sprain and a bruise. That won't keep him out long.

Users who are viewing this thread