What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4: Who are you benching to put in Hillis? (1 Viewer)

LMF

Footballguy
Hillis has been very consistent over the last couple of weeks and is ranked in the top ten in most FF leagues right now in PTS for RB's. Cincy has given up 314 yards on 70 carries and 1 TD. Thats 4.48 yards a carry and a little over 100 yards a game. Hillis has had # of carries of 9, 8, and 22 in the three games. He has also had # of catches of 4, 3, and 7. Hillis has also scored in every game this year but Cincy has only given up 1 TD to a RB this year. So lets say he has a 50% chance of scoring. Harrison might be back this week put I don't see Mangini giving him 50% of the carries as in Week 1 and 2. I can see a good carry load of 70/30. Hillis has a good chance of getting 18 carries this week. At 4.48 yards per carry that's 81 yards. It's pretty hard to predict the number of catches for a RB but lets go in the middle and say he has 5 catches for his year average of 6.1 yards a catch. That's another 31 yards. 81 + 31 = 112. That would be 11.2 points in a non PPR. That alone would get you into the top 15 RB's for the week. I don't know if Hillis can get a TD this week or not but if he did that would put you in the top 6 or so. And in a PPR the top 5.

This is probably going to be the toughest decision for my lineups this week as a take a glance at them because its tough to sit some under performing players in Favor of a guy who will probably net you at least 11 to 13 points with the upside to 18 - 20 over a guy like MJD or Dustin Keller in a FLEX. Just wanted to see who everyone else is benching this week to put Hillis in who has been a solid contributor and very consistent over the last 3 weeks.

Me: Right now I have him over MJD and Keller. I dont know if I will stick with that or not. I tend to be more daring earlier in the week then on Sat or Sun I have usually talked myself into the safe lineup.

LMF

I got him in over Best and Bradshaw. I'll still prob start one of the others at flex, but definitely rolling with Hillis

In a ppr I just picked Hillis off the ww. Now I get to decide between McCoy, Best, DWill, and Hillis for 2 RB and 1 Flex spot.

If it sounds like Best is healthy and ready to go this week I'll probably sit DWill.

Not starting Hillis in either league I own him. Benched for AP, Foster, and Cutler in one league, and for Foster, Turner, and Gradkowski in another.

Not starting Hillis in either league I own him. Benched for AP, Foster, and Cutler in one league, and for Foster, Turner, and Gradkowski in another.
Bye week?
Whoops, yes, you're correct... I do have Hillis going this week because of AP's bye week. So I'm starting him over DWill and Chester Taylor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have him in over Best right now. I actually hope they rest Best this week so it makes my decision easier. If Best is active it's going to be real hard for me to decide Hillis or Best but I'll probably still roll with a healthy Hillis and keep my fingers crossed.

If I win him in the waiver bid.....

over MSW, Jacoby Jones & Brandon Jackson (sad that all three of these were already ahead of Jonathan Stewart)

Starting him over Pierre Thomas this week.....mainly because I can't get an update on the Thomas injury, which means it's most likely bad news.

Currently have Hillis riding the pine behind Mendy & Turner at RB and Fitzgerald & Flacco at FLEX.

I might change my mind later though...

Starting over Hester in a PPR (a lot of people on bye, total no-brainer)

Starting over Felix/Thomas/Evans in a .5PPR

Starting over MJD and Barber in a standard scoring league

Great week to own him on my team. Have Best (injured), Charles / TJones (bye), Mathews / Tolbert (not sure who's the man this week), and Hillis. If Best is out, I'm debating starting Mathews & Tolbert with Hillis (one of them at flex).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread