What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 waiver wire pickups (1 Viewer)

J Cook if he's still available. Looks like he's going to be much more involved with Britt out.

Last edited by a moderator:
J Cook if he's still available. Looks like he's going to be much more involved with Britt out.
2 catches for 93 yards, one being for 85 yards. Nice stat line, but I'm not convinced he's going be worth much more than he's been worth so far
Hasselbeck's looked pretty good this year, and Cook led all Titans players this week in targets with 6. I think he'll definitely have value going forward.

2 catches for 93 yards, one being for 85 yards. Nice stat line, but I'm not convinced he's going be worth much more than he's been worth so far
Hasselbeck's looked pretty good this year, and Cook led all Titans players this week in targets with 6. I think he'll definitely have value going forward.
6 targets, and 2 catches.

6 targets, and 2 catches.
Yup. That's a very small sample size, if Cook keeps getting targets he's going to make plays.

Victor Cruz - I now believe, and Manningham was a no-show despite targets
This! If Victor Cruz is still available, PICK HIM UP IMMEDIATELY! I just confirmed this on the Giants message boards, Cruz REPLACED Manningham in 2 WR sets. He got 9 targets today on a great offense. BUY BUY BUY!

Get ready for a bidding war on Stevan Ridley.
Ridley is already owned in most leagues. I know he's rostered in all 8 leagues I play in.
He's only 22% owned in CBS leagues :confused:
Thats because yahoo,cbs,espn, and the like are like 98% free leagues. Alot of the free leagues are just made and then inactive owners. Ownership % in these leagues really does not show the % of players owned in money leagues. I play 3 small stakes leagues 2 50s and 1 100.00 buyin with a mix of sharks/fish and these guys were all picked up off waivors.The top free agent pick up this week has got to be Torain though. If people did not jump on him before this week this would be the guy.

Ridley is already owned in most leagues. I know he's rostered in all 8 leagues I play in.
Thats because yahoo,cbs,espn, and the like are like 98% free leagues. Alot of the free leagues are just made and then inactive owners. Ownership % in these leagues really does not show the % of players owned in money leagues. I play 3 small stakes leagues 2 50s and 1 100.00 buyin with a mix of sharks/fish and these guys were all picked up off waivors.The top free agent pick up this week has got to be Torain though. If people did not jump on him before this week this would be the guy.
My league is a free league CBS.com and torain is on waivers as is Michael Bush and quite a few other valuable players. The thing with or league is you get 14 total players which includes 9 starters and 5 bench guys. you cant stock pile a lot of guys with that depth.

need a QB with the bye weeks approaching? Colt McCoy is playing Seattle and Oakland week 6 and 7. People might ignore him with his bye next week.

Thinking of dropping starks to pick up torain or ridley. Any feed back would be great
I wouldnt for Torain. I owned him last year and I drafted him this year (I have Hightower). He and Shanny can not be trusted. I have Ridley also and at this point, I think I would take Starks if someone offered him straight up to me.

Joe McKnight or Powell, maybe? Halfway through the Sunday night game Greene looks as abysmal as ever. Recovered his own fumble, too. Something's gotta give, here. I think Bloom is right that as soon as you see Powell active on game day, plan to grab him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats because yahoo,cbs,espn, and the like are like 98% free leagues. Alot of the free leagues are just made and then inactive owners. Ownership % in these leagues really does not show the % of players owned in money leagues. I play 3 small stakes leagues 2 50s and 1 100.00 buyin with a mix of sharks/fish and these guys were all picked up off waivors.

The top free agent pick up this week has got to be Torain though. If people did not jump on him before this week this would be the guy.
My league is a free league CBS.com and torain is on waivers as is Michael Bush and quite a few other valuable players. The thing with or league is you get 14 total players which includes 9 starters and 5 bench guys. you cant stock pile a lot of guys with that depth.
I think that most guys don't seem to get this. There are many leagues that have limited rosters. When I posted that K. Moreno hit the WW in my dynasty league I was criticized for playing in a league of noobs. How many unproductive slots can you carry on your roster? In our league we have two slot depth at every position, with 14 starters at the skill positions, total; not a real lot of room to carry unproductive player.

I don't really see that much that I would be interested in wasting a waiver claim on this week. I'm going to hold off and see if someone drops a solid player to grab someone.

This will be the first bye week, so I may even see if I can steal a top defense that someone drops to pick up a backup.

Picked up Torrain on a hunch before the games today...I may try and get rid of him so I don't have to deal with Shanny craziness, although he has always and probably will always love Torrain.

Ben Jarvis looked goods also and is the starter. but Ridley has definetly earned a time share with him. I think what u saw today will be the way they do it. 15 carries BJGE , 10 RIdley. Probally Law Firm on the GL but that can change. Both can be effective. BJGE is a Rb2 and Ridley a great flex/bye week guy. but that also can change.

Somewhere on FBG's I was informed about Ridley and picked him up last week. Hoody might use him as his feature back going forward.
Do you really think that though? Although Ridley was much more effective than the lawfirm, the lawfirm still had more carries.
Ridley's carries have increased the last few weeks though, and he had his best game to date, looks more dynamic than Lawfirm. I wouldnt be surprised if Lawfirm keeps the GL touches for the most part and highly doubt he gets phased out of a RBBC, but I think Ridley gets the lion's share of the carries sooner rather than later.

would you use a #1 waiver priority on Torain? Have every position pretty healthy but could possibly use him as trade bait?

Talk about derailing a post, I come in to get an opinion on torain vs. ridley vs. victor cruz and I get "i before e except after c"

Users who are viewing this thread