What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 power rankings (1 Viewer)

Didn't see anyone doing this yet this year, so why not start now

Top 10

1. Pats

2. Steelers

3. Falcons

4. Jets

5. Ravens

6. Giants

7. Titans

8. Texans

9. Colts

10. Chiefs

Bottom 10

23. Browns

24. Seahawks

25. Cards

26. Rams

27. Jags

28. Lions

29. Cowboys

30. Bills

31. Carolina

32. 49ers

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelers fans are notoriously homerific when it comes to things they shouldn't be, but you should be all over this. Pittsburgh is #1, no doubt.

But if you're really putting them at #2, New England? Seriously? And Atlanta, come on now, there's no way you can have them at #3.

(And for the inevitable "where are your rankings" - just voicing my opinion. No doubt mine would have some in disagreement themselves.)

Top 10

1. Jets

2. Steelers

3. Giants

4. Pats

5. Ravens

6. Falcons

7. Titans

8. Chiefs

9. Colts

10. Texans

Who cares about the botton half.

Steelers fans are notoriously homerific when it comes to things they shouldn't be, but you should be all over this. Pittsburgh is #1, no doubt. But if you're really putting them at #2, New England? Seriously? And Atlanta, come on now, there's no way you can have them at #3. (And for the inevitable "where are your rankings" - just voicing my opinion. No doubt mine would have some in disagreement themselves.)
:bag: Seriously flawed list. If Atlanta is legit at #3, where's Philly? The Eagles beat the Falcons soundly two weeks ago...and played the Titans on the road MUCH MUCH closer then the final score would indicate (they led after 3 quarters). The Texans have a horrific defense, and while dangerous, are certainly not a top ten team right now. ON the other end, the Rams have played most of their games tight, and almost pulled off a nice upset this week. The niners, for all of their problems, are certainly NOT the leagues worst team.

Maybe I'm on my own here, but I think Philly isn't just a top-10 team, but maybe the best team in the NFC. One could very much make an argument they'd be 6-1 if Vick been the starter all year. The only games they seem to lose are the ones where both Vick and Kolb take snaps. I can't really see them behind Atlanta since they just dominated them 2 weeks ago and that was with thier backup QB and they may have won by even more if D-Jax doesn't get hurt.

1. Pittsburgh

2. New York Jets

3. Baltimore

4. Tennessee

5. New England

6. Indianapolis

7. New York Giants

8. Green Bay

9. Atlanta

10. Houston

23. Browns

24. Raiders

25. Bears

26. Lions

27. Rams

28. Cardinals

29. Jaguars

30. Bills

31. Carolina

32. 49ers

Totally unbiased:

1. Pittsburgh

2. New York Jets

3. Baltimore

4. Indy

5. New England

6. Green Bay

7. New York Giants

8. Tennessee

9. Atlanta

10. New Orleans

23. Browns

24. Raiders

25. Chargers

26. Lions

27. Rams

28. Cardinals

29. Jaguars

30. Bills

31. Carolina

32. 49ers

Maybe I'm on my own here, but I think Philly isn't just a top-10 team, but maybe the best team in the NFC. One could very much make an argument they'd be 6-1 if Vick been the starter all year. The only games they seem to lose are the ones where both Vick and Kolb take snaps. I can't really see them behind Atlanta since they just dominated them 2 weeks ago and that was with thier backup QB and they may have won by even more if D-Jax doesn't get hurt.
You aren't on your own, but even Philly fans don't know what to make of this team. In the end, I think Philly is a dangerous team nobody will want to play an important game against, but they're probably too young and inexperianced...it shows in their startling lack of consistancy.My argument was more about how dramatically over-ranked the OP had Atlanta. Philly is probably a top ten team, but it's at the tail end of the top ten....where Atlanta also belongs.

Steelers fans are notoriously homerific when it comes to things they shouldn't be, but you should be all over this. Pittsburgh is #1, no doubt. But if you're really putting them at #2, New England? Seriously? And Atlanta, come on now, there's no way you can have them at #3. (And for the inevitable "where are your rankings" - just voicing my opinion. No doubt mine would have some in disagreement themselves.)
Certainly reasonable to put Pittsburgh 1 but I think people underestimate the importance that the loss of Aaron Smith will haveLots of good teams, nobody seems great, which is what sparked doing this for me. I expected a lot of differing opinions.

Why no love for KC??? Even in their 2 losses it was a pretty close game with Indy and a game they should have won with Houston. I think its time to start giving them credit. NE is good but overrated. There are atleast 5-6 teams that would beat them on any field any day....

1. NYJ

2. Pittsburgh

3. Tennessee

4. New England

5. Baltimore

6. NY Giants

7. Philadelphia

8. Indianapolis

9. Houston

10. Atlanta

1. Pittsburgh2. New York Jets3. Baltimore4. Tennessee5. New England6. Indianapolis7. New York Giants8. Green Bay9. Atlanta10. Houston23. Browns24. Raiders25. Bears26. Lions27. Rams28. Cardinals29. Jaguars30. Bills31. Carolina32. 49ers
Patriots already beat Baltimore, should be ahead.

1. Pittsburgh2. New York Jets3. Baltimore4. Tennessee5. New England6. Indianapolis7. New York Giants8. Green Bay9. Atlanta10. Houston23. Browns24. Raiders25. Bears26. Lions27. Rams28. Cardinals29. Jaguars30. Bills31. Carolina32. 49ers
Nope. Don't even feel that good about putting them in the top five. Offense looks rough right now.

Apparently no love for the Pats right now. I think this team is doing quite well. They are adjusting to the loss of their best play maker and have a top coach and a top qb.

Why no love for KC??? Even in their 2 losses it was a pretty close game with Indy and a game they should have won with Houston. I think its time to start giving them credit. NE is good but overrated. There are atleast 5-6 teams that would beat them on any field any day....
10-12 is about right for now IMO. Colin Cowherd said "mini Jets," and I can sort of buy that. Both have elite OLs (KC is #1 in rushing, #1 in sacks allowed; Jets are #2 and #3), great backs, and the passing games are comparable. What seperates the Jets is the D, which is more proven and more aggressive and successful up front. KC is getting there but desperately needs another pass rusher to compliment Hali. Chiefs have great coaching and good special teams. They're a year and a question mark at QB away from being up there IMO. Still a young team, particularly defensively. My top 5 would be:1. Steelers2. Jets3. Titans4. Giants5. Ravens/Pats/ColtsTexans/Falcons I say top 5 rather than top 10 because I can't really seperate that last group. Colts are scary with Manning but questionable in every other aspect. Texans are dangerous but very beatable. Pats are not elite, IMO, though I'll give them credit for scraping by the Ravens. Those Ravens have some great wins but lost at Cincy, almost (maybe even should have) lost to 0-6 Buffalo, etc. Certainly some flaws there. The Falcons don't have an impressive win, and it's staying close with a raper-less Steelers team and their record which force them into the discussion. Cardinals, Saints, 9ers, Browns and Bengals - YUCK. Any win's a win and all that, but no higher than 8-10 for me.

You aren't on your own, but even Philly fans don't know what to make of this team. In the end, I think Philly is a dangerous team nobody will want to play an important game against, but they're probably too young and inexperianced...it shows in their startling lack of consistancy.My argument was more about how dramatically over-ranked the OP had Atlanta. Philly is probably a top ten team, but it's at the tail end of the top ten....where Atlanta also belongs.
The first poster mentioned how homerific we steeler fans can be. For whatever reason, I tend to have the Falcons ranked higher than most year in, year out. I would take the Falcons on a neutral field next Sunday over anyone but the Pats and Steelers. That isn't the only thing that makes up my rankings but it is a significant part.

3 beat 23 beat 110 beat 6Rinse, repeat.You can't judge solely on one game. Cleveland over Nawlins? Jags over Colts? Rinse, repeat.

1. Steelers

2. Jets

3. Ravens

4. Colts

5. Giants

6. Titans

7. Pats

8. Falcons

9. Houston

10. Eagles

3 beat 23 beat 110 beat 6Rinse, repeat.You can't judge solely on one game. Cleveland over Nawlins? Jags over Colts? Rinse, repeat.
Cleveland is clearly not as good as the Saints and neither are the Jags compared to Indy. The Pats and Ravens are very close IMO and I give the edge to the Pats because they beat the Ravens. The Ravens didn't exactly look impressive against the worst team in football.

How is no one not putting the Broncos in the bottom 10? 2-5 and they just lost at home by 45 points to a 3-4 team. They are easily one of the worst teams right now. I would put only Buffalo, SF, Carolina and Detroit below them right now.

Users who are viewing this thread