What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 Questions for Bloom (1 Viewer)

Hey Sig,

1) .5 PPR, need 1 FLEX

Duke Johnson vs. Cardinals

Latavius Murray vs. Jets

Jonathan Stewart vs. Colts

Brandin Cooks vs. Giants (might have to start him @ WR pending Steve Smith's status)

John Brown @ Browns (sounds like he might be held out of this game)

2) Do you have a gut feel whether Clive Walford can be a weekly start-worthy TE sometime this season?
stew

yes - im open to it - super athletic look last week and Ds will focus on WRs and murray

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy, Sig. Thanks for doing this.

1) If you had to stash DGB or DeVante Parker for next year, who would it be?

2) Is CJ Anderson droppable?

3) Do you think Julius Thomas is worth holding on to (I also have Olsen)?

4) Should I be trying to move Edelman now that LaFell is back before it's too late? I'm worried about a drop in production.

Cheers!
Parker, but i want to know about this foot issue

yes depending on for who

lean no

no hold edelman

TD heavy scoring dynasty. 6 per TD and 1 per 25 yards rushing + receiving. I'm contending and need a decent RB to rotate in some weeks, so not as concerned with long-term as value this year.

Dropping Alfred Morris. We pay $5 per pickup, so would grab D-Mac but don't want to be adding and dropping weekly.

Best option to replace him: Alfred Blue, Ryan Mathews, Khiry Robinson, Darren McFadden.
mathews for long term, mcfadden for now

Hey Sig, thanks for all of your help!

This is a 10 team, redraft, 0.5 PPR league where you must start: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST. My team is currently 4-3 which is 4th place (4 teams make the playoffs). My team was on an absolute tear but losing Foster has me pretty weak at RB. Should I give up Calvin Johnson for Mike Evans and Charcandrick West?

Here is my current roster:

QBs: Andrew Luck, Eli Manning

RBs: Dion Lewis, Danny Woodhead, Matt Jones, Andre Ellington, Theo Riddick, Christine Michael

WRs: Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson, John Brown, Brandon LaFell

TEs: Travis Kelce, Jordan Reed

K: Mason Crosby

D/ST: Atlanta Falcons

Do you think I should make the trade or hold out hope that Lewis gets healthy enough for me to survive with him and Woody? Also, should I drop CMike and pick up Khiry Robinson?
youre fine with lewis, hold megatron, not a huge fan of west

i would hold cmike, but really they are a push. maybe riddick for krob?

PPR for just this week:

1. Latavius or Riddick? - horrible matchup against the Jets and Riddick is a riskier pick but against the Chiefs, new O coordinator, etc.

2. Dez, Snead or James Jones based just on this week's matchups?

Thanks.
murray

dez

2 Questions.

1) Should I trade Woodhead for Martavus Bryant? Bryant would start over James Jones or Diggs (how much of an upgrade?) but leave me with no depth at RB.

2) Who should I start this week. Latavius Murray (NYJ) or Woodhead (Bal)? No PPR.

Here is my team

No PPR. 10 team league. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, K, DEF. No flex.

QB - A. Rodgers

RB - A. Peterson, L. Murray, , D. Woodhead, D. Johnson

WR - TY Hilton, John Brown, J. Jones, S. Diggs, V. Jackson

TE - M. Bennett
yes

murray if you do the deal, woodhead if you dont

Hi, thanks for answering questions!

1. When is it time to start thinking Josh Gordon in a keeper league?

2. What in the world do I do with Randle? 10 man no ppr. I also have Christine Michael sitting on my bench
at the beginning of the season

hold randle until this is resolved unless its short bench and there are guys like krob, sims out there

Bloom,

I have to say that I am a little surprised at how high you have Lacy this week @DEN (even with no Starks likely). Both teams well rested and coming off the bye and obviously Lacy is most likely feeling healthy at this point.

0.5 PPR

I'm trying to decide b/w Lacy, Duke Johnson (vs ARZ) and Antonio Andrews (@HOU) for my Flex spot. It feels a little like overmanaging to potentially bench Lacy, but with an avg of 6.2 catches per game for Duke Johnson and the Cardinals giving up the 3rd most receptions to RBs of any team thus far ... well, i can certainly see Duke Johnson having a good game this week.

There is no way I would even consider this if GB wasn't facing such a tough D. Talk me down from the ledge or push me over.

Anyway, who do I start for this Flex spot? Thanks.

Oom Pah Pah, Oom Pah Pah, Oom Pah Pah, Oom Pah Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

edit: just saw your tweet here (https://twitter.com/SigmundBloom/status/659786324300316674) and here (https://twitter.com/SigmundBloom/status/659792572253016065) where you add some insight on why you have Lacy rated so high
i dont want a goldfish

i

want

eddie lacy to get a lot of targets this week to slow down the DEN pass rush

Need to start 1 wr and 1 flex in 0.5ppr

Cooper v. Jet

Moncrief @panther

Dez @ Seattle (reported to get SHERMAN shadow coverage and a snap count?)

Duke Johnson v. Arz

2nd question...

redraft league.... trade martin, hillman to get gurley & coleman.... i have freeman so locking down ATL rb is a nice bonus.... i just dont know enough about gurley to know if his production in a crap offense can be trusted on a consistent basis (granted martin is in a similar situation but still a better offense).

Thanks for your time!!!!
cooper and dez but moncrief is close and in if we hear norman on hilton

im open to that deal yes. have gurley>martin

Do I give up on CMichael and pick up Matt Jones? 1/2 pt PPR SHORT bench start 2RB no flex league. I can choose 1 keeper for NEXT year between Gio,JHill,CMichael or Matt Jones...

Other RB's...Forte, Gore, Gio, Hill
i think so. it would be nice to have cmike rostered this week while jones on bye, but jones keeper value > mike. if you think jones will be there next week on WW wait

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sig -- Who reaches paydirt 1+ times this week (TD-scoring league)?

Need one QB from Eli, Russell, Carr

2 RB from Gore, Stewart, C. West, Khiry, Da. Johnson

2 WR from OBJ, Evans, Diggs, A. Cooper.

Of the WR, which would you be looking to trade for a RB? 'Tis a sad-looking bunch after losing Foster...in our 10-team league, mine feels like a stable of low RB2s, at best.

Thanks!
russ

stew gore

obj evans

your RBs are ok, but if you can upgrade to a real RB1, diggs. MAYBE cooper, but has to be a real stud

One more

Rest of season

Abdullah, d Johnson Arizona, Cobb

And a quick edit

Cooks, john brown or Jeremy hill in the flex.

Thanks so much!

Hi, need to start 2 rbs

1pt ppr, 1 point per every ten total yards and 10 points for td.. Bonus for 100 yard rusher at 5 points and 100 yard receiver is 5 poins bonus

Dion Lewis tonight bs Dolphins

Ivory vs Oak

D Martin vs Atlanta

Also need help choosing a wr

Benjamin vs Ari

RISHARD MATTHEWS vs Pats

Or Kendall Wright vs Hou
sorry i missed this, would have had martin lewis benjamin

.5 ppr

McFadden vs Sea, or Stewart vs Ind, leaning toward McFadden

need to start 3 of: Maclin,Floyd,Diggs,Eifert (as WR),Bryant,Crabtree coming off the injury

Currently Leaning toward Maclin,Diggs,Bryant, but Floyd instead of Diggs if Brown is out.
stew

maclin floyd diggs but its super tight for dez bryant over diggs if martavis

Hey Sig, thanks for doing this.

I picked up ASJ this week to help fill in at TE since I own Julius Thomas. After waivers Charles Clay was thrown to the waiver wire, and I wanted to see which you would prefer for the remainder of the season: Julius Thomas or Charles Clay.

Thanks
clay. asj likely out today

Thanks for this -

Need 2: Hoyer, Peyton, Matt Ryan

Also - How do you like these guys ROS: Crockett Gilmore, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Jordan Cameron, Ladarius Green. I feel like I should have dropped Cameron by now, but he looks so good on paper...

Thanks again!
not hoyer

green>gillmore>ASJ>Cameron

maybe ASJ moves up to 1 or 2 when healthy and gates healthy

Alright Pat Benatar, here goes

Standard Non PPR, Start 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE - NO FLEX

Roster:

Rivers

Gore, McCoy, Charc West, CJA, Duke, CMike

Edelman, Decker, J Brown, Stevie, Snead

Kelce, Reed

Karlos and Matt Jones are both out there. Thinking I should pick up one or even both. What do you think? If so, who to drop?

PS Reed was a preemtive pickup to cover Kelce bye next week

Thanks for the help as always. You the man

Ron
in nonppr im not attached to stevie or snead. get em both, assuming we know one of brown or decker is playing

0.5 PPR Nee help with my WR and FLEX

WR (need 3)

Antonio Brown

Calvin Johnson

Randall Cobbs

Stefon Diggs

Thinking Brown, CJ and Cobbs which brings me to picking 1 FLEX...

Diggs

Charcandrick West

Dion Lewis (if you see this before tonight's game)

Thinking West for my FLEX but then I'd be sitting DIggs and Lewis. Aaahhhh help!

I'm now 2-6 after winning last week due to your help... I'm trying to make a miracle comeback this season. Thanks!
diggs at flex, sorry i missed this

Hey Sig, thanks again for your great work!

In a 0.5 PPR league, who should I play in my 2 RB spots and my Flex (wr/te/rb)? What should I do with Dion Lewis playing tonight?

Dion Lewis (playing tonight)

Danny Woodhead

Charcandrick West

John Brown

Michael Floyd

Should I go with Dion Lewis tonight in my RB2 spot since he is active? Then I can decide between West and Brown for my flex on Sunday (or West vs. Floyd if Brown cant go).

Thanks again!
sorry i missed ya would have said floyd lewis woodhead

Hey Sig

In a PPR League I just lost Foster would you make this trade?

Give: Stephon Diggs and Ladarius Green

Receive: John Stewart and Travis Kelce

RBs: Gurley, JHill, Ellington, Starks, KRobinson, CMike

WRs: Julio, Mike Evans, Diggs, James Jones

TE: LGreen

Thanks for all you do!
lean yes, esp if you only start 2 wR

Need a flex...others are pretty dope standard scoring:

J. Brown, Dez, Gore, Moncrief, Lewis

Also Need a RB 1/2 point PPR:

Riddick, Ellington or I can pick up Sims, David Johnson, K. Robinson

I know they suck..but I got Fitz, Julio, Gronk and J. Brown to back them up.

Thanks Ya rock!
gore

pick up sims for riddick and play ellington

Hi Sig!

Would you make any change in those lineups (starters in bold)?

Team 1 (non-ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR)

Roethlisberger, Eli Manning

Adrian Peterson, Miller, Ingram, Charcandrick West

Fitzgerald, Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant, Jeffery, Demaryus Thomas, Cooper

Team 2 (non-ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 DEF)

Roethlisberger, Stafford

Le'Veon Bell, Gore, Ellington, DeAngelo Williams

TY Hilton, Landry, Decker, Moncrief

STL, DEN

Team 3 (non-ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR)

Palmer, Luck

Ivory, Miller, Abdullah, Duke Johnson

AJ Green, Hopkins, Martavis Bryant, John Brown, Jarvis Landry

Team 4 (ppr, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE)

Le'Veon Bell, Riddick, Hill, Sims, Hyde, Rawls, Blue, Mason

Jeffery, Cooks, Martavis Bryant, Lockett, Tate, Wallace, Crowder

Ebron, Rodgers, Walford

Thanks!
jeffery over allen

hill over riddick

wallace over lockett

Hi Sig - 1 PT PPR need RB2 or drop one of these for and RB 2 this week? CJ Anderson, Abdullah, or David Johnson.

Free Agent RB's : Khiry, Spiller, Riddick, Polk , Joique, Oliver
id play johnson. on the fence but close to saying krob>CJ

How much stock are you putting into Lamar Miller's bad performance vs the Pats on Thursday? Obviously it was the Pats on their home turf on a short week but the game script and team performance felt very Philbin-esque regardless. Much better days ahead or return to middling RB2 territory?
better days

Alright sir. Need two backs and a flex.

.5 ppr

Lacy

Gore

Gio

Latavius

Sefarian-jenkins

I'm leaning towards lacy, gore and gio but I feel like ASF could be a sneaky play if he is on the field. Not too fond of the matchup for Murray but it's hard to sit him...

Thanks gangster!
you have it right. ASJ doubtful

Users who are viewing this thread