What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 Bragging Thread (1 Viewer)

I started this second tier RB for the Titans, some 4th year guy out of East Carolina and he has gotten me 100+ total yards! Woohoo!

Started Tebow, Mcgahee, Pierre Thomas, Julio Jones and Vincent Jackson, as well as Hernandez...only Beanie stunk up my lineup. Currently my highest ever score in my local, 162 and beat the other guy by around 80 pts. All with Stafford and Megatron on a bye. Feels good man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Winning my game by 30 points (with McCoy and Celek vs. only Devin Hester left) thanks to Vincent Jackson and his massive day, along with good performances by Demarco Murray and Tony Romo. To make things even sweeter, the guy I was playing had a trade on the table to get Julio Jones and Mike Tolbert and decided to not go for it. The players he had to play because that trade didn't go through? Darius Heyward Bey and Danny Ware.

Vincent Jackson

Brandon Marshall

Demarco Murray

Reggie getting 23 points on my bench so hopefully I can sell high on him for a good WR

I had one of the most epic comebacks ever. So this week I was down to 2 healthy WR's in a start 3 WR league. I decided that instead of cutting someone to pick up a starter for the week I'd only start 2 and leave the 3rd empty with the option to assess how the situation going into the Sunday night game since all my opponents players would have already played by then and if the score was close I could drop one of the defenses and grab a WR from either the Ravens, Steelers, Eagles, or Bears right before their game kicks off. I was sitting at 7-1 so I could afford a loss.

So right before kickoff of the Sunday night game I check my match-up and I'm down about 10 points. I kept going back and forth about cutting Lions D and grabbing either Torrey Smith or Devin Hester. I was heavily leaning against it since I didn't like Hester against the Eagles corners and I also didn't like Smith going up against a tough Steelers pass D. I figured he'd probably only get 5-6 points if I was lucky which wouldn't be enough to help me. Finally though about 10 min. before kick off I said what the hell, I'm not thrilled with the Lion's schedule the rest of the way and really a vast majority of their points have come in 3 games against terrible teams and I'm comfortable playing weekly match-ups on D anyway. So I picked up Torrey Smith and inserted him into my line-up with only minutes to spare. As I watch the game I keep see him coming so close but coming up short to giving me the points I need and finally around halftime I decide I can't stand to watch the rest of the game. So I go do some things and come back to check my fantasy match-up, I see about 15 seconds or so left and I'm losing. So I think I'm screwed and immediately start second guessing myself, then all of a sudden I see Smith's points up to 15.60 and I pull ahead in my match-up with 8 seconds to go! I quickly ran to the TV to make sure there wasn't a flag or a review. Once the extra point went up I knew it was official and I couldn't believe that I had actually managed to pull out a victory!

Final Score: Me 128.42, him 122.06. Thank you Torrey Smith!

Who's 9-0????

<----------------------------------- this guy :)

Edit to add:

Was up last night by 24 points.. the guy I'm playing has Ray Rice.. I have Torry Smith.. first play of the Sunday Night Game?? 76 yard TD run by Rice... called back for holding... On Torry Smith :D

'jimbodan said:
I had one of the most epic comebacks ever. So this week I was down to 2 healthy WR's in a start 3 WR league. I decided that instead of cutting someone to pick up a starter for the week I'd only start 2 and leave the 3rd empty with the option to assess how the situation going into the Sunday night game since all my opponents players would have already played by then and if the score was close I could drop one of the defenses and grab a WR from either the Ravens, Steelers, Eagles, or Bears right before their game kicks off. I was sitting at 7-1 so I could afford a loss.So right before kickoff of the Sunday night game I check my match-up and I'm down about 10 points. I kept going back and forth about cutting Lions D and grabbing either Torrey Smith or Devin Hester. I was heavily leaning against it since I didn't like Hester against the Eagles corners and I also didn't like Smith going up against a tough Steelers pass D. I figured he'd probably only get 5-6 points if I was lucky which wouldn't be enough to help me. Finally though about 10 min. before kick off I said what the hell, I'm not thrilled with the Lion's schedule the rest of the way and really a vast majority of their points have come in 3 games against terrible teams and I'm comfortable playing weekly match-ups on D anyway. So I picked up Torrey Smith and inserted him into my line-up with only minutes to spare. As I watch the game I keep see him coming so close but coming up short to giving me the points I need and finally around halftime I decide I can't stand to watch the rest of the game. So I go do some things and come back to check my fantasy match-up, I see about 15 seconds or so left and I'm losing. So I think I'm screwed and immediately start second guessing myself, then all of a sudden I see Smith's points up to 15.60 and I pull ahead in my match-up with 8 seconds to go! I quickly ran to the TV to make sure there wasn't a flag or a review. Once the extra point went up I knew it was official and I couldn't believe that I had actually managed to pull out a victory! Final Score: Me 128.42, him 122.06. Thank you Torrey Smith!
tl;dr

Who's 9-0????<----------------------------------- this guy :)Edit to add:Was up last night by 24 points.. the guy I'm playing has Ray Rice.. I have Torry Smith.. first play of the Sunday Night Game?? 76 yard TD run by Rice... called back for holding... On Torry Smith :D
I'm 9-0 too...admittedly I played a total chump this week, but they all counts as wins.

I drafted Brandon Jacobs as a backup for the season and my friend has had Bradshay. This past weekend it was worth having Jacobs in my starting roster.

I picked up Willis McGahee since Ryan Matthews was hurt this past weekend. I thought he was going to be a bust after the first half of the game. Went grocery shopping come home and he has exploded for yards and couple TD's.

Keeps me in First Place at 8-1 :)

Good Weekend!!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread