What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

Guy Whimper.*

*O-Line leagues only. Actually, I just wanted to type his name because it's funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
LaFell if someone cut bait, he's catching back on.

Ceil Shorts, he's getting enough looks to be relevant.

James Starks, Green is running backwards.

Vereen is still worth the stash.

Shorts is interesting, but have to figure Blackmon still going to be a lot of targets and it's not exactly the most pass-happy offense.

I need a kicker to cover Gostkoski's BYE. Does that count? Yeah, waiver wire is barren as hell...has been for awhile now.

Is he going to get a legit shot?
If they don't pick up someone else, can't imagine they'll stick with Alex Green plodding at 2.4 ypc (his avg as starter) for 20+ carries/game.Probably looking atupside of 10-15 touches/game for Starks. However, there's always a shot that he handles most/all 1st/2nd down work.

They'd be better off with Ryan Grant running the ball than Alex Green. The guy is atrocious running the ball.

Considering Shorts has played five quarters as a starter with Gabbert at QB and has 16 targets for 10-177-1 in that time I'm surprised he's not at the top of this list.

He's going to have some uneven games, but I think when all is said and done he'll be 2012's WW pickup of the year.

Considering Shorts has played five quarters as a starter with Gabbert at QB and has 16 targets for 10-177-1 in that time I'm surprised he's not at the top of this list.

He's going to have some uneven games, but I think when all is said and done he'll be 2012's WW pickup of the year.
If you think Gabbert's turned the corner, you may be right.I simply don't want to risk consistently playing a WR whose QB has thrown for 186 or less in 5 of 7 starts this year. For a bye week fill-in, sure I'd look to Shorts.

Fair or not, they probably won't have Laurent Robinson (when he returns) standing on the sidelines all game after paying him a lot. [i personally think Shorts brings more to the table, but $$ talks & this staff brought Laurent in]

Tolbert if Williams is traded? Just a JStew injury away (not a rare occurrence) to the backfield by himself.

Hillman, assuming he doesn't lose one of these fumbles. Balls been very loose on several of his carries and he completely lost track of it on that big run.

Hillman, assuming he doesn't lose one of these fumbles. Balls been very loose on several of his carries and he completely lost track of it on that big run.
Definitely looks like he's worth handcuffing to McGahee now. Reminds me of Gore/Hunter situation in SF...

If they don't pick up someone else, can't imagine they'll stick with Alex Green plodding at 2.4 ypc (his avg as starter) for 20+ carries/game.Probably looking atupside of 10-15 touches/game for Starks. However, there's always a shot that he handles most/all 1st/2nd down work.

They'd be better off with Ryan Grant running the ball than Alex Green. The guy is atrocious running the ball.
Wishful thinking. Green has looked this way for 3 weeks now and Starks has 5, 0 and 1 carries in those 3 weeks. Green ain't much but they like Starks even less.

Considering Shorts has played five quarters as a starter with Gabbert at QB and has 16 targets for 10-177-1 in that time I'm surprised he's not at the top of this list. He's going to have some uneven games, but I think when all is said and done he'll be 2012's WW pickup of the year.
Plus Blackmon just flatout sucks. Saw a sequence at the end of the game where Jags are driving to win and Gabbert threw to Blackmon 4 straight plays to end it. 3 incompletes and 1 catch for 4 yards... 5 shy of the first down on 4th down. He looks so confused right now. Shorts seems to be in rhythm with Gabbert at least.

Definitely looks like he's worth handcuffing to McGahee now. Reminds me of Gore/Hunter situation in SF...
Turner/Quizz would be a good comparison as well. But I agree, if Hillman doesn't hold onto the ball better, he won't see many, if ANY carries.

Wishful thinking. Green has looked this way for 3 weeks now and Starks has 5, 0 and 1 carries in those 3 weeks. Green ain't much but they like Starks even less.
But has Starks been fully healthy? I don't know the answer, maybe GB homers can chime in. Green has been pretty abysmal on the ground, but if Starks is fully healthy and they still show zero interest in giving him a chance, then that's pretty telling. If Starks has been held back because of his turf toe or whatever and is now getting healthy, he might get a chance.(??)

I'd pick Cedric Benson up just in case he comes back for the playoffs. He's far superior as a runner to Green or Starks.

But has Starks been fully healthy? I don't know the answer, maybe GB homers can chime in. Green has been pretty abysmal on the ground, but if Starks is fully healthy and they still show zero interest in giving him a chance, then that's pretty telling. If Starks has been held back because of his turf toe or whatever and is now getting healthy, he might get a chance.(??)
Starks is not on any injury report and he didn't see the field week 7.

'Insein said:
'finito said:
'Insein said:
'Craig_MiamiFL said:
'finito said:
'Craig_MiamiFL said:

Starks is not on any injury report and he didn't see the field week 7.
That does not mean Starks has been healthy. I still believe that Starks may get a shot here. I just don't see Green gaining any tough yards and I think Green Bay would like to find a more physical option.

Users who are viewing this thread