What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week Nine Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

just_want_2_win

Footballguy
Stedman Bailey. Quick possibly hurt collarbone.

Taliaferro. Might have hit wire. Pierce healthy scratch today.

Vick Geno got the hook.

Riddick. Might be worth a look if Bush continues to miss time..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sims has to be at the very top due to Martins continued awfulness.
who? has he played yet this season? the line is awful. what makes you think hes worthy of a spot on a redraft roster?
because he'll get opportunity to be the starter. Jaxs line is awful as well but Robinson had a good day with opportunity and talent. Who knows if Sims can have the same results but Martin is the worst starter in the NFL, they are looking to deal him, and the staff likes Sims. The writing is screaming on the wall for a pick up. I've been advocating to pick up Sims prior to this weekend but another Martin dud is yet another nail in his coffin. Sure you can wait until sims has 18-87 but then you'll likely never get him. It may already be too late with slim WW pickups.

I may stage a waiver wire walkout this week. After 11 carries in 3 weeks, dropped Taliaferro for the putz of the week. And, well . . . he did ok today.

See you fellers next week.

;)

Wheaton vs Bryant vs Moncrief, not sure which one to pick from the WW. I know one of them will be a great WR3 down the stretch.

Bryant started opposite Brown Sunday didnt he?
Yeah pretty sure I would not touch wheaton. Bryant is the add
Based on your ignorance of who Charles Sims is.....I might be inclined to go Wheaton
Wheaton has been a disappointment so I'd go with Bryant between those two.

However, Roethlisberger's progression of reads usually goes like this:

1. Brown

2. Bell

3. Is Brown open now?

4. Miller

5. #### need to scramble

6. Look for Brown again

7. What's that other guys name?

It took a record-setting game for Wheaton and Bryant to be FF relevant.

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
What if Wayne is out again? Is Donte Moncrief worth anything?
Even if he's back, Nicks is pretty much at the end of the line. Hard to believe it was just the injuries, lot of talk about how lazy he is. A shadow of his former self though, can't get any seperation at all or make any plays.

Based on your ignorance of who Charles Sims is.....I might be inclined to go Wheaton
forgive me for not knowing much about a third round rookie who has never played in the league and also plays for one of the bottom five teams in the entire NFL please forgive me.

I was just trying to get someone to sell me on sims. Get over yourself

I agree on Wheaton, but Bryant had 40/1 last week too. He's been active two games this year and now produced in both.
That's why I said this:
Bryant looks good, but I just think he will be too inconsistent to start in a 12 team league. If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time.

forgive me for not knowing much about a third round rookie who has never played in the league and also plays for one of the bottom five teams in the entire NFL please forgive me.

I was just trying to get someone to sell me on sims. Get over yourself
I'll try to sell. Martin has been terrible and may be traded. Even despite that happening, the new coaching staff drafted Sims in the third round and has raved about him before the injury, including comparisons to Forte. There are inside reports that he Sims will be given a chance to take the reins this season. Rainey has had some success behind the line, so Sims may as well. At this point in the season taking a RB off waivers that has a good chance of starting without an injury to those in front of them is rare and worth the risk of holding for a few weeks. You'll know rather quickly whether to keep him or cut bait for the next WW add, and that's not something you can say for most lottery handcuffs.

1. Brown

2. Bell

3. Is Brown open now?

4. Miller

5. #### need to scramble

6. Look for Brown again

I don't know if I agree with that. It looked like Ben was looking for Bryant a few times. He looked good....I agree that I would target Bryant over Wheaton.

1. Brown

2. Bell

3. Is Brown open now?

4. Miller

5. #### need to scramble

6. Look for Brown again

Nice post but I think that says more about Wheaton than anything else. Obv Bryant wasn't playing the first few weeks because he wasn't ready. Ben didn't have trouble spreading the ball around at any other point in his career.

looking for a QB to get through byes the next couple of weeks.

Orton? Vick? McCoy? Mettenberg? for larger leagues (14-16) with short benches

not sure i trust Vick, but the rushing yards and possible GL vulture is intriguing. Orton has some good weapons around him but match ups are tough. we'll see McCoy tonight, but with RG3 coming back, he may be worthless. Mettenberg raw and unknown, but could suffice for a 1-week fill in:

Vick: @KC, Pit, Bye

Orton: Bye, KC, @Mia

McCoy: @Min, Bye, TB

Mettenberger: Bye, @Bal, Pit

PPR:

Charles Sims. Rainey's been a RB3 in PPR this year and isn't the receiver Sims is. Crappy team + good receiving back that caught 200+ balls in college will lead to PPR value. Sims will be the clear receiving back on the team that's gonna be playing from behind.

I think he's a solid pickup whether Martin's dealt or not.

who? has he played yet this season? the line is awful. what makes you think hes worthy of a spot on a redraft roster?
because he'll get opportunity to be the starter. Jaxs line is awful as well but Robinson had a good day with opportunity and talent. Who knows if Sims can have the same results but Martin is the worst starter in the NFL, they are looking to deal him, and the staff likes Sims. The writing is screaming on the wall for a pick up.I've been advocating to pick up Sims prior to this weekend but another Martin dud is yet another nail in his coffin. Sure you can wait until sims has 18-87 but then you'll likely never get him. It may already be too late with slim WW pickups.
Rainey would be the starter if Martin wasn't in the picture but I can see Sims getting opportunities to prove himself as he returns to the lineup. He might even have an opportunity to become the lead back by the end of the season. But I wouldn't expect him to start or get the majority of touches early after his return.

QB - Griffin - he was probably cut a lot of places and he may return week 9 or 11.

TE - Tim Wright - he's either a one week wonder for a second time or he is now officially part of the NE offense.

because he'll get opportunity to be the starter. Jaxs line is awful as well but Robinson had a good day with opportunity and talent. Who knows if Sims can have the same results but Martin is the worst starter in the NFL, they are looking to deal him, and the staff likes Sims. The writing is screaming on the wall for a pick up.I've been advocating to pick up Sims prior to this weekend but another Martin dud is yet another nail in his coffin. Sure you can wait until sims has 18-87 but then you'll likely never get him. It may already be too late with slim WW pickups.
Rainey would be the starter if Martin wasn't in the picture but I can see Sims getting opportunities to prove himself as he returns to the lineup. He might even have an opportunity to become the lead back by the end of the season. But I wouldn't expect him to start or get the majority of touches early after his return.
I don't agree (although we're all just speculating). Rainey has outperformed Martin pretty consistently but the Bucs have refused to give him anything more than a 3rd down/spelling role. This tells me they don't think much of hiim as a runner and don't trust his fumbling issues.

While I don't expect Sims to be the RB1 the first week he gets carries, I do expect it to happen soon. They've loved Sims and Martin & Rainey have been awful.

Can probably throw Andre Williams in here. Someone may have waived during their bye thinking Jennings would return. Jennings is reportedly unlikely for this week.

Ryan Mathews had same injury 3 weeks earlier than Jennings & has yet to return.

Some talk about the Jets acquiring Mark Sanchez on NY radio, before the deadline. Just sayin...Butt fumbling could be back in style!

I don't agree (although we're all just speculating). Rainey has outperformed Martin pretty consistently but the Bucs have refused to give him anything more than a 3rd down/spelling role. This tells me they don't think much of hiim as a runner and don't trust his fumbling issues.

While I don't expect Sims to be the RB1 the first week he gets carries, I do expect it to happen soon. They've loved Sims and Martin & Rainey have been awful.
I don't put much stock in statements a team makes about how much they love/like any given player they drafted. I have never heard a team say they are disappointed with a draft pick they made before his first game.

I agree that Sims could have a real opportunity to become the lead back, even this season. But I think it will take several games, even if Martin is traded, before Sims will be given that chance. The Bucs will want to make sure that they can rely on him in all phases of the game before they turn the keys over to him. I would say his fourth game back would be about right if he proves himself to be reliable in the first three. All that is very dynamic as Martin's trade status and whether or not Rainey fumbles will both be big factors in determining the amount of PT Sims gets. Also let's not forget that Sims has missed a ton of time and hasn't faced this level of competition, he's not Adrian Peterson so it may not be realistic to expect him to step in right away and produce even if he were given the lead role out of the gate.

looking for a QB to get through byes the next couple of weeks.

Orton? Vick? McCoy? Mettenberg? for larger leagues (14-16) with short benches

not sure i trust Vick, but the rushing yards and possible GL vulture is intriguing. Orton has some good weapons around him but match ups are tough. we'll see McCoy tonight, but with RG3 coming back, he may be worthless. Mettenberg raw and unknown, but could suffice for a 1-week fill in:

Vick: @KC, Pit, Bye

Orton: Bye, KC, @Mia

McCoy: @Min, Bye, TB

Mettenberger: Bye, @Bal, Pit
I like Orton based on volume. If they're losing he'll put up close to 50 attempts assuming the RBs are still Dixon and Brown. I think he's a nice high floor / low ceiling play. Vick is definitely interesting but you know you'll get turnovers. If it's only -1 per turnover (or 0) then he's more interesting. One thing I know is that the answer is not Mettenberger.

KC Chiefs DST gets the Jets at home next week

Justin Hunter and John Brown are still available in some leagues.

The Josh Gordon owner in one of my leagues had to finally let him go to waivers.

Users who are viewing this thread