What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wes Craven - RIP (1 Viewer)

Porkchop Express

Footballguy
The film director, famous for “Nightmare on Elm Street,” the “Scream” movies and many others, had brain cancer
Master of the modern horror film Wes Craven died on Sunday, his family announced. He was 76 and had battled brain cancer.

Craven, the artist behind “Nightmare on Elm Street,” the “Scream” movie series and many other modern horror masterpieces, remade the genre in contemporary film.

Craven reinvented the youth horror genre in 1984 with the classic “A Nightmare on Elm Street,” a film he wrote and directed. That film starred a then-unknown Johnny Depp. He conceived and co-wrote Elm Street III as well, and then after an absence of three more sequels, deconstructed the genre a decade after the original, writing and directing the audacious Wes Craven‘s New Nightmare, which was nominated as Best Feature at the 1995 Independent Spirit Awards.

In 1996 Craven reached a new level of success with the release of “Scream.” The film, which sparked the phenomenal trilogy, was the winner of MTV’s 1996 Best Movie Award and grossed more than $100 million domestically, as did “Scream 2.”

Between “Scream 2” and “Scream 3,” Craven directed Music of the Heart in 1999, a film that earned its star Meryl Streep an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.

Creatively engaged and working until the end, Craven had recently signed an overall television deal with Universal Cable Productions (UCP) and had a number of television projects in development including “The People Under the Stairs” with Syfy Networks, “Disciples” with UCP, “We Are All Completely Fine” with Syfy / UCP, and “Sleepers” with Federation Entertainment. He was also Executive Producing the new “Scream” series for MTV. Craven had recently written and was to direct the “Thou Shalt Not Kill” segment for The Weinstein Company / WGN’s “Ten Commandments” television mini-series.

See more at: http://www.thewrap.com/wes-craven-hollywood-horror-master-dies-at-76/#.dpufhttp://www.thewrap.com/wes-craven-hollywood-horror-master-dies-at-76/

F Cancer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought Scream was one of the most underrated movies of my childhood. It got hyped (as did all the crap at the time) but it was really well done. It had a 70's feel to it, which in this case was a good thing. Ironically, I hated the Nightmare flicks. R.I.P.

Last edited by a moderator:
First date with wifey was to see Nightmare on Elm Street.

I'm conflicted on whether to thank him or punch him in the balls (if he was still alive that is).

Freddy Kreuger was perhaps the most terrifying thing ever for any kid in the 80s.
The idea of him creeped the hell out of me, but they lost me when he became quipster Freddy in movies 4 on.

Serpent and the Rainbow doesn't get mentioned much, but that movie really got under my skin. Remember having bad dreams from that one for a bit.

Freddy Kreuger was perhaps the most terrifying thing ever for any kid in the 80s.
The idea of him creeped the hell out of me, but they lost me when he became quipster Freddy in movies 4 on.

Serpent and the Rainbow doesn't get mentioned much, but that movie really got under my skin. Remember having bad dreams from that one for a bit.
Top 3 Craven movies:

Scream

Serpent and the Rainbow

Nightmare on Elm Street

Users who are viewing this thread