What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Westbrook Owners - We have been here before? (1 Viewer)

Goooals

Footballguy
All of us Westy owners have seen this scenario time and time again. Westy sits all week, plays, and plays well in the game. However, I'm not so sure that his current injury bug will net us the same results. Broken ribs, sore knee and a high ankly sprain may just be too much for the imortal Westy. They play again in four days, but it will not matter if they lose this one today.

I'm actually thinking of sitting Westy today (Buckhalter as well) as I am concerned his injuries are more severe than they have been in the past.

Who is sitting and playing Westy today?

All of us Westy owners have seen this scenario time and time again. Westy sits all week, plays, and plays well in the game. However, I'm not so sure that his current injury bug will net us the same results. Broken ribs, sore knee and a high ankly sprain may just be too much for the imortal Westy. They play again in four days, but it will not matter if they lose this one today.I'm actually thinking of sitting Westy today (Buckhalter as well) as I am concerned his injuries are more severe than they have been in the past.Who is sitting and playing Westy today?
in spite of the success that the NYGs had on the ground against Balt last week the facts are that the Eagles rush game has been null and void recently.. My alternative is Pierre Thomas (Bush if he plays~doubtful>) and on Monday nite at home I'm probably nuts but I'm going to have to take My chances with Thomas and sit Westy.. :goodposting:

Westbrook has been garbage for the last 3 weeks... so it is not like I am looking at 30 points if he plays, or 0 if he sits. Westbrook is benched until he shows he is himself again.

With all you guys benching him, there's no way I can. He's the guy you don't bench just 'cause he's been missing practice... if he's active, you play him. I know the last couple weeks have been maddening, and the Raven D is atrocious. So, isn't this typically the time Westy explodes?

Westbrook has been garbage for the last 3 weeks... so it is not like I am looking at 30 points if he plays, or 0 if he sits. Westbrook is benched until he shows he is himself again.
I agree that Westy may have to sit today, but at least do it for the right reasons. He is your number 1 draft pick and if healty, he does not need to show himself again to be in your lineup. Any openings in your league?

Have Westy, Portis, Slaton, and Dunn in PPR

Playing Portis and Dunn

Where westy has been valuable especially in PPR is the passing game, they just haven't been passing to him. With my luck, That will probably change this week though.

This is going to be a low scoring game, a kickers game both DT's are good.

Read some where that Westy's brother plays on a practice squad (forgot what team) and he even said Westy is in bad shape.

I agree that Westy may have to sit today, but at least do it for the right reasons. He is your number 1 draft pick and if healty, he does not need to show himself again to be in your lineup. Any openings in your league?
Westbrook is the #16 RB in our league at this point (based on current FP). That makes him a non-automatic start. I used the "its Westbrook, he automatically starts" rationale over the past few weeks and regretted it so it is time to put more thought around his starting. Being #16, I (and many other owners) have 2 backs above him (Barber and Deangelo Williams) in our auction league. My benching of Westbrook is also based on the recent play-calling in Philly which has been VERY pass oriented. On top of his poor recent performance and pass-heavy play-calling the fact that he is playing considerably hurt against a difficult run defense and the decision is much easier to make. And who here is calling the Ravens an atrocious run defense???? #3 is pretty good. All of the experts last week were calling for the benching of Jacobs (placing him #27 on the RB lists). Dodds has Westy @ #28 now.

Westbrook is the #16 RB in our league at this point (based on current FP). That makes him a non-automatic start. I used the "its Westbrook, he automatically starts" rationale over the past few weeks and regretted it so it is time to put more thought around his starting. Being #16, I (and many other owners) have 2 backs above him (Barber and Deangelo Williams) in our auction league. My benching of Westbrook is also based on the recent play-calling in Philly which has been VERY pass oriented. On top of his poor recent performance and pass-heavy play-calling the fact that he is playing considerably hurt against a difficult run defense and the decision is much easier to make. And who here is calling the Ravens an atrocious run defense???? #3 is pretty good. All of the experts last week were calling for the benching of Jacobs (placing him #27 on the RB lists). Dodds has Westy @ #28 now.
vs. RBs. Soooo sory if that was confusing to y0u. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Westbrook is the #16 RB in our league at this point (based on current FP). That makes him a non-automatic start.
Yeah, but he missed a bunch of games. In terms of FP per game, he's got to still be pretty high.Even in NON-PPR leagues, he's put up:212811433106715 FP/game

Users who are viewing this thread