What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you guys doing with SJax today? (1 Viewer)

Benching him for Mendy in one league, and considering sitting him in another for either Winslow or Walter.

Starting SJax and Charles benching Turner and Mendy. I feel a little better about SJax because he has been playing with this for a few weeks now and has a decent matchup. Charles has been hot and has a great matchup. Turner has a poor matchup and worried he will pull up lame like a couple of weeks ago. Mendy has not been playing that great lately and has a bad matchup.

Starting SJax and Charles benching Turner and Mendy. I feel a little better about SJax because he has been playing with this for a few weeks now and has a decent matchup. Charles has been hot and has a great matchup. Turner has a poor matchup and worried he will pull up lame like a couple of weeks ago. Mendy has not been playing that great lately and has a bad matchup.
So in other words you think that people who are benching SJax today are over-reacting a little bit?

99% sure benching him for Julius Jones. JJ has a good matchup even though he's splitting carries. Don't want to do it.

Against SJax:

Bad QB

Flu

Back

OL terrible

Take away Chris Johnson's games vs HOU and their run D has been pretty stingy.

I was wondering if I was the only one still pretty certain they were gonna keep him in their lineup. My options @ flex would be Celek, McFadden, Housh or Ward. I don't like his condition at all, but I don't see it limiting his touches, I guess. The fact that he's starting tells me they want to win the game so I hope they give him every opportunity to make a difference.

If I were the Rams I wouldn't pass the ball once! Keith Null at QB half the team with the Pig Flu...this is going to get dirty fast!

Against SJax:Bad QB --- Every week problemFlu --- Possible new problemBack --- Every week problemOL terrible --- Every week problemTake away Chris Johnson's games vs HOU and their run D has been pretty stingy.
Just to play devil's advocate...
Bulger > NullFlu is newBack only the last few weeks since his production has gone downOL now < OL before w/o his starting GsSituation is worse than usual.

Would anyone sit Jackson for Ganther?
When I wasn't sure of SJ's status I was gonna do this. But I am having a hard time sitting SJ for Ganther. However...the Monday matchup intrigue's me. Personally, I am trying to not overreact. But the odds are certainly stacked against SJ and the Rams today. I have waffled a few times this morning already but I almost feel like I gotta go with SJ. Tough call though...I feel your pain.

For what it's worth (SJax not on my rosters this year), the Rams have also lost 2-3 key players on the OLine today / last couple weeks - Incognito, Jacob Bell & Jason Smith.

starting Charles vs. CLE and Moreno vs. OAKsitting SJax vs. HOUToo many risk factors that affect SJax's ceiling, IMO.
I have the same situation. I was starting Moreno regardless but had planned on playing Jackson over Charles. With Null and the other problems the Rams are having right now and my opponent having Manning and Clark, I had to put in Charles over Jackson. I need a big game and Charles is in the better situation despite what I think is an underrated Cleveland D.

Against SJax:Bad QB --- Every week problemFlu --- Possible new problemBack --- Every week problemOL terrible --- Every week problemTake away Chris Johnson's games vs HOU and their run D has been pretty stingy.
Bulger > NullFlu is newBack only the last few weeks since his production has gone downOL now < OL before w/o his starting GsSituation is worse than usual.
Now I have SJax in.It's really a crapshoot.I'd say that if you have a clear guy who gets full carries you bench SJaxLess clear if you have someone who splits.

If I lose, I'm going to lose with my active, stud RB in my lineup.

He's got a lot going against him, but he'll be the focal point of the offense against a questionable defense. I think the flu thing was way overblown.

Now I have SJax in.It's really a crapshoot.I'd say that if you have a clear guy who gets full carries you bench SJaxLess clear if you have someone who splits.
Would you play Maroney over him? Bills rush d stinks....

Yup

I have Maroney in over SJax today.

FWIW I think I am playing SJax over LT, Ganther and Snelling

That is unless you guys can convince me that I am crazy...

I just put in Maroney as well - is Taylor back yet?I hate to bench Sjax, haven't done it this year, but the Bills rush d is awful and all the signs point to a rough day for Sjax. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Sjax go nuts, however. People that bench him need to be prepared that he could go off against all common sense, however unlikely.

I just put in Maroney as well - is Taylor back yet?I hate to bench Sjax, haven't done it this year, but the Bills rush d is awful and all the signs point to a rough day for Sjax. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Sjax go nuts, however. People that bench him need to be prepared that he could go off against all common sense, however unlikely.
FBG updated actives/inactives has Taylor as an inactive. I know, it's tough to do...but too many factors going against SJax today. If it makes you feel any better, Maroney has averaged 14.1pts a game over the last 4, and SJax has averaged 13.1pts.

FBG updated actives/inactives has Taylor as an inactive. I know, it's tough to do...but too many factors going against SJax today. If it makes you feel any better, Maroney has averaged 14.1pts a game over the last 4, and SJax has averaged 13.1pts.
Welp, here's to Maroney having a nice day :goodposting:

I'm starting Forsett over SJax. Too much of a black cloud surrounding him and Forsett has a much better matchup. Also starting Campbell over Brady. My opponent has already burt up almost 50 FPts with Manning and Barber so I have to take some risks instead of the safe plays.

Went with Maroney. I was really torn over the decision. With that TD, I'm glad I don't have to agonize over over the decision.

He may not go nuts every week, but this article shows what type of competitor Jackson is:

http://www.bnd.com/sports/story/1059430.html

Monday, Dec. 21, 2009

ST. LOUIS -- Steven Jackson's friends and family members have suggested that he shut down his sore back for the rest of the St. Louis Rams' season.

Yet, Jackson continues to play.

"It has been whispered in my ear, and that's from people on my side looking out for what's best for my future, but I love to play,'' Jackson said. "I only have two more games to play this season. I'm just going to gut it out.''

Asked why he wants to gut it out for a 1-13 team, Jackson said, "I love football, I love this team.''

Jackson hasn't practiced in almost a month because of a back injury, but he has yet to miss a game. He rushed 20 times for 80 yards in the Rams' 16-13 loss to the Houston Texans on Sunday.

"He always gives us that,'' Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said of Jackson's tenacious play. "I think he instills it in everybody else. He's fiery, and you have to love that in this league. He gives us that all the time. He's never changed that way, and I hope he never does.''

Jackson has passed Eric Dickerson as the Rams' all-time leader in rushing attempts. Jackson has 1,528 career carries, while Dickerson had 1,525 carries from 1983-87.

Jackson set the record with a 1-yard carry with 12:46 left in the fourth quarter against the Texans.

"I didn't even know,'' Jackson said of the record. "It feels good. I guess it shows that I am durable enough to take those kind of carries.''

Jackson had a fat lip and his mouth was a little numb because of a cut that he received during a scuffle with Houston strong safety Bernard Polley.

Jackson and Polley exchanged words after a 12-yard run by Jackson early in the fourth quarter.

Two plays later, Jackson was blocking a blitzing Polley on a pass, and the two got into fight after Polley ripped off Jackson's helmet.

"It was just a little physical football,'' Jackson said. "From the looks of it, I got the worst end of it, huh? It was just two guys competing out there.''

Polley tried to throw Jackson to the ground, but Jackson held on, and both players tumbled to the turf.

Asked if he'd ever done any wrestling, Jackson said, "I wasn't going to get scooped and slammed on national television, I tell you that.''

Jackson was one of the players who missed practice Friday after experiencing flulike symptoms. He said felt fine by Saturday.

"I was never confirmed with swine flu,'' Jackson said. "I had flulike symptoms, so they just wanted me to get away and make sure I didn't have anything.

Jackson said he was hoping to get some practice time this week to work on his timing with quarterback Keith Null.

"From what the doctors told me when I first injured the back, it's not going to completely heal until after the season,'' Jackson said. "It's getting to the point where I am managing to be able to take a few carries in practice. I really want to do that for me and Keith Null, so we can get on the same page, whether it is footwork or getting a feel for each other.''
Again, when he starts for the Rams he will start for me. Guy is a throwback to what was once the standard in the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread