What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What can a white dude do to help BLM? (1 Viewer)

Local BLM chapter had its first meeting last night - BLM Lawrence

I was unable to attend - it conflicted with a school event. 

Looking at the comments in this thread and the comments in the linked article have me convinced we need to do a much better job with race relations. 

Yes, the guy that was shot with his hands in the air following police instructions is clearly at fault here.  Or the one sitting in the road with a toy.  Or the one with the e-cigarette.  All should have have worked on bettering themselves and maybe they wouldn't have had to been put down. 
Despite your handle, I believe you are smarter than this.

Now, here's the thing.  This family has the big house at the end of the street.  The house is probably valued around $700K which would place it in the top 5% of American home values.  So this family willingly chose to leave their majority black African nation to move to a majority white nation.  They're doing far better financially in that white nation than most of the white people in that nation.  Despite all that, they apparently harbor ill will toward white people and are passing that on to their children.

Anyone who does not think that there's a far greater percentage of black people teaching their children to fear and dislike white people than there are white people doing the same is living in denial.
I'd be careful about reading too much into a 9 year old's conversation.  I've spent a lot of time in Africa and white people are generally liked more than African Americans by black African people.  Since your neighborhood is mixed I think it's more likely that she's getting these ideas from kids at school rather than her parents.

^  Well, I was trying to give the girl the benefit of the doubt.  If she picked up her anti-white sentiment at school then that likely means she was more cognizant of it's meaning and application than I gave her credit for.

I figured that the girl likely overheard her parents tell relatives that they enjoyed that there were no white people around in Africa.  The girl, I surmised, then repeated the phrase without fully appreciating it.

If, however, she picked up the anti-white sentiment at school instead of from her parents then that likely means that she went to Africa, noticed no white people, and concluded that was superior on her own accord.

Further, that level of cognizance on race issues would also suggest that she was saying these anti-white things to a white person with greater awareness than I gave her credit for.

You're right, though, I don't know for sure where she picked up her anti-white feelings, I just know she has them and feels exceptionally comfortable directing them at white people at a young age.  From my experience, that sentiment is more common in native born African-Americans than it is in African immigrants so that does support your possible explanation.

In any event, I see campus activism and maybe even a potential hoax in her future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread