What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What did you LEARN? (1 Viewer)

Golfjim

Footballguy
I learned the following:

1. There's a BIG difference, in ownership talent, between playing in a $100 league/with a $250 prize and playing in a $350 league with a $100,000 prize.

2. Best, Spiller, and Mathews, among others, may someday be TOP 10 performers, but it's probably wise NOT to count on rookies as your #1 at ANY position.

3. With a few exceptions, even with this scoring system, TEs should not be drafted very high. They are just too inconsistent.

4. In MOST instances, a VERY GOOD player, on a VERY BAD team, ends up being a pretty poor performer and probably does NOT justify a very high draft pick.

I did end up winning 1 of the 3 leagues that I was in and I'm hoping to improve next year!!!

I learned the following:1. There's a BIG difference, in ownership talent, between playing in a $100 league/with a $250 prize and playing in a $350 league with a $100,000 prize.2. Best, Spiller, and Mathews, among others, may someday be TOP 10 performers, but it's probably wise NOT to count on rookies as your #1 at ANY position.3. With a few exceptions, even with this scoring system, TEs should not be drafted very high. They are just too inconsistent.4. In MOST instances, a VERY GOOD player, on a VERY BAD team, ends up being a pretty poor performer and probably does NOT justify a very high draft pick.I did end up winning 1 of the 3 leagues that I was in and I'm hoping to improve next year!!!
What I learner this year, in this contest?1. I agree with your #1 point. The talent level is a huge jump from your average $100 - $200 leagues/2. Double check, triple check, quadruple check your lineup. I lost one week because I must not have hit submit when I swapped my bye week TE. Didn't realize it until them games started (Too Late). It cost me a win and I believe a shot in the championship round...and left me with NOTHING..3. Minor mistakes become GALRING mistakes in a league/contest like this. The weekest part of my game is picking the right players to start every week, which was ultamitely my demise.4. Learned how to manage the waiver wire for blind bidding. I was never in one like this, and my inexperience showed BIG TIME...

I learned that yes, it is possible to get upset at Frank Gore.

Even in moderate stakes leagues, there are still people who just seem to punt the whole league.

I hate Mike Sims Walker.

Even a patchwork team can win a league title (by less than a point) with a little bit of TLC and a spoonful of good luck. :bowtie:

Users who are viewing this thread