What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you add to your coffee? (1 Viewer)

What do you add to your coffee?

• Black

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • Milk

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Cream or half & half

Votes: 36 23.1%
  • Flavored cream or half and half

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • I don't drink coffee

Votes: 11 7.1%

• Total voters

comfortably numb

Footballguy
well???

Have you gone black and never gone back?

Do you look like a bartender when fixing your coffee adding in all sorts of stuff??

I'm a half/half type of guy with 3lbs of sugar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black, always. No idea why, I just like coffee that way. Same with tea. Skip the sugar, skip the cream. Give me the brewed beverage.

And I hated that taste of coffee growing up. Love it now.

Used to hate black coffee, but got on a health kick a few years ago and was looking for ways to cut out calories. So went with black coffee and now it isn't so bad.

95% of the time....black.

The other 5% I'll do sugar and half/half if I'm in the mood for something sweet. In my earlier years, I used way too much sugar and half/half all the time. I now enjoy black coffee.

90% black

10% a little skim milk

But I do always drink a flavored coffee so it's already a bit improved from the traditional black

Pure black traditional coffee is drinkable but isn't very enjoyable to me and i've tried all the different roasts and stuff

Depends on the coffee, but it's either straight black or black with small amount of honey.

Your pole sucks.

I went black when I worked at a restaurant and didn't have the time to add my cream/sugar.

Combine that with Dunkin Donuts consistently not understanding what "Just a little bit of cream and sugar" means and I order mine black always.

All of the above...when I have it with a meal, black. By itself, flavored creamer. At a place without flavored creamer 1/2 and 1/2 and splenda.

No butter option? http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/12/15/latest-coffee-trend-is-to-put-butter-in-your-coffee/

Flavored cream for cheap coffee; black for higher quality coffee.

ETA: if on a health kick, raw honey works well too.
I've done the butter, MCT oil, and cinnamon, blended all together. But usually just unsweetened coconut milk.
I did the bulletproof thing for a while, but my girl prefers cream.

So I use about a tablespoon of heavy cream, just enough to cut the "blackness" and add a bit of richness.

No sweetener.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strictly black. I used to drink just about any old swill, but now I am very picky about my coffee and buy fresh roasted beans and grind them myself. Having a cup right now.

Strictly black. I used to drink just about any old swill, but now I am very picky about my coffee and buy fresh roasted beans and grind them myself. Having a cup right now.
I used to drink mine black, too. Try some heavy cream (no more than a TBSP). I'll bet you like it.

What is your brewing method?

I used to drink mine black, too. Try some heavy cream (no more than a TBSP). I'll bet you like it.

I'm like Treyn. Once I moved beyond swill I no longer needed to flavor it. 99% of the coffee I drink is black and homemade. I grind the beans. Sometimes I roast them then night before. Having a beaker right now.

I'm like Treyn. Once I moved beyond swill I no longer needed to flavor it. 99% of the coffee I drink is black and homemade. I grind the beans. Sometimes I roast them then night before. Having a beaker right now.
Same here but I grow my own coffee. That's the only true way I know I'm getting great coffee.

Same here but I grow my own coffee. That's the only true way I know I'm getting great coffee.
Only if you live in the shaded undercover of a tropical highland.

its actually pretty good with half a tsp nutella

adds a nice hazelnut flavor
My brother puts a heaping tsp of nutella in a mug with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Adds about a quarter cup of hot coffee and stirs it violently to make a syrup. Adds a shot of kahlua and tops the mug off with cream or half and half. Stirs. Uses this concoction to flavor three or four cups of coffee. It's pretty #### good.

Black with 2-3 tsp of sugar/sweetener.

I like not having any milk/creamer in it so if I don't drink it all before it cools, I can then drink the rest later and not have to worry about drinking milk/creamer that's been sitting out all day.

Not a fan of dairy in my coffee.

Method? I buy a new drip coffee maker about every two years. Right now I think we use a Hamilton Beach. Makes great (very hot) coffee. Have used Cuisinart and Bunn before also. The heating elements lose their punch after a while, or so I am convinced. That's why I replace them often.

man, some of you are turning coffee into a high calorie, cavity inducing event.

if you sip your coffee and it's sugared up you're basically soaking your teeth in a liquid that's highly acidic, sugary, and has high staining properties.

When I consume my room temp coffee I pretty much plow it down in like 3-5 min to minimize the contact to my teeth, then rinse thoroughly with water.

What kind of beans do you "grind your own" guys recommend? Preferably available online. TIA
Intelligentsia, Stumptown, and Counter Culture are all excellent roasters with robust nation-wide distribution. You likely have an independent coffee shop near you that will sell you their beans, but they all also have web orders. All should clearly label when the beans were roasted. You want them roasted within two weeks (and you want the capability to store them in an airtight container at room temperature).

When I consume my room temp coffee I pretty much plow it down in like 3-5 min to minimize the contact to my teeth, then rinse thoroughly with water.
What the hell are you talking about? Whether you sip your coffee or drink it at room temperature, the coffee remains in contact with your teeth the same amount of time. Nobody is gargling with the stuff. Would you tell your patients to brush by setting down their toothbrush after every stroke for 20 minutes to maximize the contact with their teeth?

I grind beans fresh as well. It adds about 30 seconds to the whole process and is so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread