What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you do? Spouse sick etiquette... (1 Viewer)

The spouse is sick with something nasty we'll call it a flu...Do you continue to sleep in same bed?

• YES

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • NO

Votes: 53 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The nexus of this came from my wife being currently a sicko, snotty, fever, etc.

This forced us to cancel some plans with one of my brothers. We got talking and in the convo it casually came up he slept with his wife the whole time she had OG Covid before there was any vax. This was like a few months in when everyone was in "Oh S Word Mode". I was blown away TBH.

My wife sleeps in our basement, so it's not really an issue. I guess I'd put her meals by the door or something. But she doesn't get sick very often living down there. We've never had COVID.
Forgive me but was this related to a ghost or something? Am I remembering this correctly?

The nexus of this came from my wife being currently a sicko, snotty, fever, etc.

This forced us to cancel some plans with one of my brothers. We got talking and in the convo it casually came up he slept with his wife the whole time she had OG Covid before there was any vax. This was like a few months in when everyone was in "Oh S Word Mode". I was blown away TBH.
My wife stayed on the couch the first night I had OG covid. I had one bad day in bed and didn't realize she stayed away. The next day I felt a lot better so she slept in the bed with me. Tested positive 2 days later.

My wife stayed on the couch the first night I had OG covid. I had one bad day in bed and didn't realize she stayed away. The next day I felt a lot better so she slept in the bed with me. Tested positive 2 days later.
Sharing is caring

My wife had covid a couple of months ago, and we didn't bother to quarantine since she never developed a cough or anything. Of course we're both vaccinated so it's not the same situation as what you described, but we're genuinely just not that worried about infectious diseases. (I still haven't had covid).

If it’s known Influenza or COVID you gotta keep ‘em separated.
Is it a different answer for COVID versus say a throw up nasty type flu (something you think is contagious)?
If it’s a gastroenteritis with vomiting and/or diarrhea (“the stomach flu”), it is usually spread via close physical contact or touch but can also be airborne in very close proximity.

If it’s actual Influenza, COVID, or any other respiratory virus, they are readily airborne and much more contagious for any household contacts.

Man, my wife has this flu thing and I am bringing her food wearing a mask and seal off the door.

I told my brother never repeat his story when we are hanging out :lol:

My wife had covid a couple of months ago, and we didn't bother to quarantine since she never developed a cough or anything. Of course we're both vaccinated so it's not the same situation as what you described, but we're genuinely just not that worried about infectious diseases. (I still haven't had covid).
I was ready to put my brother up for spouse of the year.

No right or wrong answer. All just comes down to how much you can afford to, or want to, miss work.

Your brother may well be the best spouse ever. But most likely, he just didn't care about missing work.

Actually, he could just be an incredibly selfish ******* trying to get sick so he ain't gotta deal with the kids.

And then he can even blame her when he says he can't do it.

Anyway, just don't give him the spouse of the year trophy just yet.

No right or wrong answer. All just comes down to how much you can afford to, or want to, miss work.

Your brother may well be the best spouse ever. But most likely, he just didn't care about missing work.
He is a sales guy who kind of sets his own schedule. He definitely doesn't sweat work. I was just taken aback by this and never really thought about what people do in this situation so was curious.

When I finally got Covid for the first time last month, she went and slept in the other room. And then the next day she got Covid for the first time, too

My wife sleeps in our basement, so it's not really an issue. I guess I'd put her meals by the door or something. But she doesn't get sick very often living down there. We've never had COVID.
Yeah, she thought there was a presence down there. She had the priest come and clean the home (cost me a hundy for the tip), and she claims it's gone now so she's still down there.
Do you think the house is different now?

Yeah, she thought there was a presence down there. She had the priest come and clean the home (cost me a hundy for the tip), and she claims it's gone now so she's still down there.

No, except I don't have to hear her yakking about the ghosts.

Good to hear she isn't haunted anymore. I had forgotten about that thread.

Nope...similar to when we had covid at different times. Sick person gets out room to isolate and be the only one using that rest room.
Hard to deal with kids if both of us our down with some illness.

Sleep together. Our bed is the most comfortable mattress in the house, and my wife and I spend all day at home together anyway (work from home), so I'd just assume I'm eventually getting sick through normal contact.
This is where we're at.

Unless we get lucky and diagnose before any real contact, then the sick person gets the "master suite" (for the self contained bed/bathroom), and the other sleeps in the guest room.

Went with yes/no... Flu, cold I stay.
But when she got Covid, and I tested negative, she isolated in the bedroom.

She takes care of me when I'm sick, the least I can do is stay near to help her as well. :shrug:

We haven't slept in bed together more than once or twice a year in our twenty years of marriage. I always just fall asleep wherever at 2am, and she gets up at 5am for work anyway. I have a bad back, and she is a super light sleeper.

Money well spent.

Users who are viewing this thread