What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What does your FF rookie draft look like now? (2 Viewers)

It looks to me like RB Daniel Thomas landed into a great situation in the Dolphins backfield
The 1.04 is not garbage, it's Daniel thomas
This happens almost every year. Some non-elite guy falls into a good situation and rockets up the board to the 4 spot. Recipe for disaster IMO.
Yep, not too mention the draft isnt even over yet. People going to be as high on Thomas if the Phins draft Hunter or Taiwan Jones in the next round or two.

....let's not fool ourselves into forgetting this is not a great draft for fantasy to begin with..... going into to Thursday there were only 2 , maybe 3, elite talents (Ingram and Green, Julio)and a few guys who could help their chances to make a nice impact in the right situation.I have the 1.5 and 1.6 ... hopeing a combo of Jones, Thomas, LeShoure , or Williams is there.
How many elite prospects are there in other years? I'm not sure I understand your point. I don't think there is ever any more than 2-4 "elite" prospects for fantasy purposes. I think we for sure have 2, Green and Ingram. I'm pretty sure we have a 3rd in Jones. Seems like that's about as many as there are in any other year. :confused:

....let's not fool ourselves into forgetting this is not a great draft for fantasy to begin with..... going into to Thursday there were only 2 , maybe 3, elite talents (Ingram and Green, Julio)and a few guys who could help their chances to make a nice impact in the right situation.I have the 1.5 and 1.6 ... hopeing a combo of Jones, Thomas, LeShoure , or Williams is there.
How is this different from most years?Edit: jurb beat me to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to me like a tier of Green, Ingram, Jones and then a tier of Williams, Thomas, LeShoure and then a tier with a bunch of WRs and maybe a RB (Baldwin, Smith, Young, Little, Cobb, etc). Vereen is interesting to me because I think he looked like a good pick as a possible future every down back but the selection of Ridley confused me. Not because I think he's that great, but because of the signal they were sending by doing that. Strange.

But who behind Thomas is elite? Everyone had him as the 3rd or 4th best running back in this draft. He led the Big 12 in rushing both of his seasons when everyone knew he was getting the ball ( qb was awful). He is a good player in a good spot ; don't over think it.

Guys, I would caution looking at situation too heavily considering that we have not seen the results of free agency. Talent is talent and these situations should change in the next few months and is a much more dynamic time than in years past when free agency was before the draft.
Precisely.....for example, everyone annointing Daniel Thomas the starting RB in Miami will be disappointed...

Well the consensus of the draft rankings I saw had Thomas as RB4 in the second tier with Hunter. So I don't see why it would be crazy to have him in the top 6. It's not like someone down closer to consensus RB10, say Todman, is jumping up to RB3/4.

Ive got it (still baking in the oven, so could change)

Ingram

Green

Jones

Williams

LeShoure

Thomas

Cobb

Little

VBrown

Vereen

Newton

Murray

Baldwin

Smith

Hankerson

Williams vs LeShoure vs Thomas is very tight with situation guys putting Thomas at 1.4 for sure

Cobb vs Little is a coinflip, love both

Not feeling Baldwin Smith or Hankerson and will probably be looking trade down once my top 12 is exhausted. Could easily see a Hunter/Rodgers/Lewis jump in the top 15 with a good landing spot like Indy or Washington.

This is all still VERY fluid in my head. Going to really bust ### to get a post-draft 100 done tomorrow, but feel free to hit me on Twitter (@SigmundBloom) or email if you have a draft that is underway before I get it out there.

Well the consensus of the draft rankings I saw had Thomas as RB4 in the second tier with Hunter. So I don't see why it would be crazy to have him in the top 6. It's not like someone down closer to consensus RB10, say Todman, is jumping up to RB3/4.
It's not crazy at all to have him top-6. The crazy part is the folks suggesting that Thomas will have zero competition for carries, when it's completely reasonable to expect Miami to add a RB in free agency.

Ive got it (still baking in the oven, so could change)IngramGreenJonesWilliamsLeShoureThomasCobbLittleVBrownVereenNewtonMurrayBaldwinSmithHankersonWilliams vs LeShoure vs Thomas is very tight with situation guys putting Thomas at 1.4 for sureCobb vs Little is a coinflip, love bothNot feeling Baldwin Smith or Hankerson and will probably be looking trade down once my top 12 is exhausted. Could easily see a Hunter/Rodgers/Lewis jump in the top 15 with a good landing spot like Indy or Washington.This is all still VERY fluid in my head. Going to really bust ### to get a post-draft 100 done tomorrow, but feel free to hit me on Twitter (@SigmundBloom) or email if you have a draft that is underway before I get it out there.
Alex Green is missing in this list.

It's not crazy at all to have him top-6. The crazy part is the folks suggesting that Thomas will have zero competition for carries, when it's completely reasonable to expect Miami to add a RB in free agency.
I see and I agree. But certainly his situation looks better than Williams or LeShoure.

Tier 1: Jones, Ingram, GreenTier 2: Williams, LeShoure, Thomas, Little, TSmithI have the #2 and #5 picks in two leagues and think I'll walk away with 4 different players.
Curious if the teo leagues are different scoring? Why would you purposely determine to select four different guys?

I see and I agree. But certainly his situation looks better than Williams or LeShoure.
I'm with you 100%

JonesGreenIngramThomasWilliamsCobbSmithYoungBaldwinLittleA bunch of the WRs went to teams where they'll have a great chance to be producing within two years. Most of the 2nd/3rd are in RBBC hell.I wouldn't want to make the Williams pick, but it's probably what I would do at 5.
Randall Cobb's value has to have gone up. It looks as if James Jones isn't going to be around anymore as he is a FA. Remember though Finley is back and Nelson along with Jennings will see a lot of balls. I would say he is the 4th option on the offense behind the above mentioned players. But that said, the Packers throw about 60-65% of the time and Rodgers is kind of good.

Ive got it (still baking in the oven, so could change)IngramGreenJonesWilliamsLeShoureThomasCobbLittleVBrownVereenNewtonMurrayBaldwinSmithHankersonWilliams vs LeShoure vs Thomas is very tight with situation guys putting Thomas at 1.4 for sureCobb vs Little is a coinflip, love bothNot feeling Baldwin Smith or Hankerson and will probably be looking trade down once my top 12 is exhausted. Could easily see a Hunter/Rodgers/Lewis jump in the top 15 with a good landing spot like Indy or Washington.This is all still VERY fluid in my head. Going to really bust ### to get a post-draft 100 done tomorrow, but feel free to hit me on Twitter (@SigmundBloom) or email if you have a draft that is underway before I get it out there.
Alex Green is missing in this list.
not a fan of Green - straight line back who had interstate highways to run through. Will probably move him up to top 30-35 based on spot and draft slot, but is on the "someone else will take him before you should" list.

Demarco Murray is another Felix jones except he's a better blocker. Love the cowgirls pick...for the rest of the league.

Demarco Murray is another Felix jones except he's a better blocker. Love the cowgirls pick...for the rest of the league.
Murray isn't nearly as good as Felix. He can run through a hole, but I think he lacks the vision and burst to be a superior back. To me he's just pedestrian.

I say little is up to 3 wr in my list. I'd almost take him then a timeshare Williams or leshoure. Guy played running back first two years and only had one year being a wr. So one year at wr and a year off but still 2nd rd pick. I think e will come in and be 1 wideout there straight outta the gate watch his highlights. Guy plays mean and runs hard after the catch.

This years rookie drafts are going to be much different than any other year i have ever seen. The difference in value between mid first round picks and 3rd rounders is very small.

Here are my top 10 RB's right now.

RB's

1.Ingram

2.Williams

3.Thomas

4.Vereen

5.Helu

6.Leshoure

7.Powell

8.Hunter

9.Murray

10.Green

In my estimation, this is not a good year to be at the top or middle. There are three top picks, Ingram, Green and Julio--but of those, only Green in my view is elite. The middle rounds are a complete hodge podge--who knows which of those second round WRs or RBs will be good? As a result, this is the year to pick in 10, 11, 12 because those picks are just as good as 4, 5, 6, 7. And if you need a young QB, it's a great year. You should be able to pick up one in the late second or early third round, who may turn out to be just as good as the first guy (Cam) off the board.

It looks to me like RB Daniel Thomas landed into a great situation in the Dolphins backfield
This happens almost every year. Some non-elite guy falls into a good situation and rockets up the board to the 4 spot. Recipe for disaster IMO.
Kevin Smith sends you a hi-five
As does Matt Forte.
So does Montario Hardesty and Ben Tate :)

As does Matt Forte.
That JJ Arrington dude was pretty good.

As does Matt Forte.
Are you predicting a season ending injury?

As does Matt Forte.
Forte has been very productive 2 out of his 3 years in the league. And probably will be his 4th too. Forte isnt a bust realtive to where he was drafted IMO

As does Matt Forte.
Forte has been very productive 2 out of his 3 years in the league. And probably will be his 4th too. Forte isnt a bust realtive to where he was drafted IMO
I thought that was his point.

As does Matt Forte.
That JJ Arrington dude was pretty good.
Chris Brown was okay for a while.

I only play in .5/1/1.5 ppr leagues. 16 team league so here's how my 1st round would go.

1. AJ Green- will be the man from day 1

2. Julio Jones- Actually like him a bit better than AJ but just don't think he'll get the targets

3. Mark Ingram- should be gold in NO but RB value is muted in this scoring

4. Ryan Wlliams- dual threat

5. Greg Little- loved him before the draft, love him even more now

6. Jon Baldwin- mainly based on his draft position. KC obviously loves him

7. Daniel Thomas- Not a fan and think the Phins further address the position but right now hes the #1

8. Shane Vereen- Love the way he fits into the Pats offense. Will never get more than 150-200 carries though

9. Mikel Leshoure- Best is better, limited receptions. Goalline guy though.

10. Lance Kendricks- Big receiver, great location. TE value soars in this scoring

11. Titus Young- Calvin! Will help and hurt. Not gonna see 1200 yards but should be a consistant 800-900 yard guy. Muted value.

12. Torrey Smith- Not a bad spot. Boldin and Mason are on the decline.

13. Cam Newton- Bust risk obviously but he has huge point potential if he succeeds.

14. Kyle Rudolph- Hate the location but can't ignore the 1st TE taken any longer. Heath Miller numbers which is still valuable

15. Vincent Brown- Value would go up quite a bit if the other Vincent only stays another year

16. Randall Cobb- Not as big a fan of his or his landing spot as most. No better or worse than either Jones or Nelson.

I only play in .5/1/1.5 ppr leagues. 16 team league so here's how my 1st round would go.

2. Julio Jones- Actually like him a bit better than AJ but just don't think he'll get the targets

7. Daniel Thomas- Not a fan and think the Phins further address the position but right now hes the #1

8. Shane Vereen- Love the way he fits into the Pats offense. Will never get more than 150-200 carries though

10. Lance Kendricks- Big receiver, great location. TE value soars in this scoring

11. Jerrel Jernigan- Calvin! Will help and hurt. Not gonna see 1200 yards but should be a consistant 800-900 yard guy. Muted value.12. Torrey Smith- Not a bad spot. Boldin and Mason are on the decline.

13. Cam Newton- Bust risk obviously but he has huge point potential if he succeeds.

14. Kyle Rudolph- Hate the location but can't ignore the 1st TE taken any longer. Heath Miller numbers which is still valuable

15. Vincent Brown- Value would go up quite a bit if the other Vincent only stays another year

16. Randall Cobb- Not as big a fan of his or his landing spot as most. No better or worse than either Jones or Nelson.
Jernigan plays for the Giants, did you mean Titus Young? If you didnt, Young belongs on this list.

11. Jerrel Jernigan- Calvin! Will help and hurt. Not gonna see 1200 yards but should be a consistant 800-900 yard guy. Muted value.12. Torrey Smith- Not a bad spot. Boldin and Mason are on the decline.

Jernigan plays for the Giants, did you mean Titus Young? If you didnt, Young belongs on this list.
Sorry, yes. Thanks

Non-ppr1. Ingram2. Green3. Jones4. Vereen5. Thomas6. Williams7. Torrey Smith8. Titus Young9. Greg Little10. Jonathan Baldwin11. Mikel Leshoure12. Randall Cobb13. Vincent Brown14. Alex Green15. Leonard Hankerson16. Auston Pettis17. Demarco Murray18. Cam Newton19. Jake Locker20. Kyle Rudolph22. Stevan Ridley22. Lance Kendricks23. Blaine Gabbert24. Christian Ponder
Nice list. :thumbup:

Any Players make a big jump today into the top 15-20?

Roy Helu (WASH)

Delone Carter (IND)

Jacquizz Rodgers (ATL)

Greg Salas (STL)

??

Non-ppr1. Ingram2. Green3. Jones4. Vereen5. Thomas6. Williams7. Torrey Smith8. Titus Young9. Greg Little10. Jonathan Baldwin11. Mikel Leshoure12. Randall Cobb13. Vincent Brown14. Alex Green15. Leonard Hankerson16. Auston Pettis17. Demarco Murray18. Cam Newton19. Jake Locker20. Kyle Rudolph22. Stevan Ridley22. Lance Kendricks23. Blaine Gabbert24. Christian Ponder
Nice list. :thumbup:
Thanks, but you can add Powell and Helu at the end of round 1. Rodgers, Carter, Salas, maybe a couple others will make their way into round two as well.

Isn't he bigger than Felix?
Felix Jones - 5'10" 220 lbs. 23 yrs oldDeMarco Murray - 6'0" 213 lbs. 23 yrs oldBoth injury prone backs who can't handle 20 to 25 carries per game in the NFL imo.
I thought Felix was 205 or so when he came out. Maybe I am wrong. Or maybe he has put on weight. He just never struck me as a featured back, which is why I avoided him.

I am collecting as many 2nd rounders as possible in my rookie drafts. 1.12 and 2.13 aren't much different. People are going to be drafting starting QBs in the 2nd round, for Pete's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread