What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What happened this week that kept you in or out? (1 Viewer)

JoeyJoeJoeJr

Footballguy
Aaron Rodgers kneels for -1 rushing yard at the end of MNF to get me into the playoffs as the eighth seed by 0.02 points. :football:

What stroke of luck got you in or kept you out of your playoffs this year?

Ray Rice's first bad game of the year (ppr) got me in. Started tonight's game with a 5 point lead, I had the Ravens D, and he had R. Rice(ppr). Still in shock I won.

Aaron Rodgers kneels for -1 rushing yard at the end of MNF to get me into the playoffs as the eighth seed by 0.02 points. :mellow: What stroke of luck got you in or kept you out of your playoffs this year?
:excited:I lost in a league by .02 and it caused our commish to not get in. another matchup that could have gotten him in, team he needed to win lost by .56.In my redraft, I tied so I get in as a 3 seed! :football:

Had Carney as my kicker and had to work from 9am-3pm Sunday and had no clue the Saints decided to have Hartley kick for them. His 15 points would have been great because I lost by 14.2 points. Started 0-5 and battled back to have a shot as the playoffs. All I had to do was win this week. Thanks New Orleans.

went from winning the division and a first round bye to getting the 4th seed and facing avery strong 5th team.

lost by 8 points, was down 50 with barnett hawk and woodson left..thought i could pull it out, i can thank the big ZERO from the panthers DE Brayton.

I was down by 32 with Rodgers and Green Bay D going tonight. Win and I take first place, lose and I drop to fourth and finish out of the regular season money........

Big games from both put me in first place :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron Rodgers kneels for -1 rushing yard at the end of MNF to get me into the playoffs as the eighth seed by 0.02 points. :mellow: What stroke of luck got you in or kept you out of your playoffs this year?
:excited:I lost in a league by .02 and it caused our commish to not get in. another matchup that could have gotten him in, team he needed to win lost by .56.In my redraft, I tied so I get in as a 3 seed! :football:
Commish is me...I blame it on the Carney benching being announced so late...waivers were closed, otherwise I would have picked up Hartley and I would have got the win and would not have had to worry about it. Instead, I lost 4 weeks in a row with Ray Rice, Fitz, VJack, Jennings/Harvin, and Gates on my roster....I still can't believe I didn't make the playoffs. 4 weeks ago after Ronnie Brown went down, traded away 1st and acquired Thomas Jones in 2 different deals thinking I would make the playoffs. And I would have if I won any of those last 4 weeks. 2nd most points on the season, 3rd best all play record, #2 in power ranking...no playoffs.

I had the pleasure of playing spoiler in both of my leagues. Already had my playoff spot and 1st round bye sewn up in both leagues and sitting at 1st place in one and 2nd in the other.

In both leagues I went head to head versus the 6th place team. Both leagues have playoff spots for 6 teams with the 1st and 2nd seed getting a 1st round playoff bye. Won big in both games putting a shelacking on the 6th place team dropping them out of the playoffs as a team below them wins and just squeaks in.

I better be getting some Christmas gifts from those owners, or at least a dang greeting card.

I'm the 2 time defending champ in a 12-man league with 7 on the waiting list.

If Meachem gets 8 for his strip & TD, I'm out of the playoffs & into the Toilet Bowl. If not, I'm in with a chance to go 3 straight.

Yikes.

Aint no use crying over spolied milk...but my bench outscored my starters and that ended my season and trying to repeat.

owell....got a nice for next yr..

Schaub returned to the game after getting injured on the first play and the pts he put up made the difference between 1st place and 2nd place money for me. Now if he can continue to play - I should be looking pretty good going forward!

IDP league where offensive players can score defensive points. In addition to the Meachem return TD I get 3 pts for the strip and 2 pts for the "recovery." Without it I'm out.

Had to win 1 of the last two weeks to clinch a playoff berth, had to win week 13 to clinch conference title and division title, and first round bye.

week 12: started Matt Ryan... also had Boldin, Ward, and H. Miller who had their starting QBs sit out.

Week 13: First time this year I decided to play Gould over Crosby... dif was +4.2 points for Crosby... lost by 3.45. :doh:

Ontop of that, came into the season with Slaton/MJD/DWill/Portis (even had Betts)... fast forward to week 13, starting Q. Ganther (he did get a career high in rush yards) and MJD who posted his 2nd lowest score of the year (as did Reggie Wayne).

:lmao:

ETA: Still hanging onto the hope that I'll get a 3.5 point stat change in my favour... :goodposting:

Played Gore instead of SJax and matchup had Bengals D. Dropped me to what should be a safer seed but good game from MJD keeps my real life team iin the wild card race and knocks me out of my fantasy league for the year...priorities !

Nothing really kept me out this week. My opponent had a huge week and I had an average one.

But I did lead the league in points scored and did not make the playoffs so I have that going for me which is nice.

Tied the guy I was playing. One more point I was in the playoffs. Now I'm out. 1 point! Amazing.

In a must win game I trailed 36-53 going into MNF. Win and I make the playoffs, lose and I am out. Had Rodgers, Mason and Rice vs. his Flacco and Grant.

Ravens final drive of the game, I am trailing by .4 points. Ray Rice runs for 20 yards to give me the lead by .6 points (this league is wierd in 20 ru/rec yds = 1 point, 50 pa yds = 1 point). Flacco completes a pass, I am up by .3 points. On 3rd and 14, if Flacco passes for 15 or more yards I lose. He completes a pass to Heap for 11 yards, I am up .07 points. 4th down, Flacco incomplete pass. Rogers comes out to kneel down on the ball, losing one rushing yard and givng me the victory by .02 points. :thumbup:

I've never been more into a Packers-Ravens game in my entire life. Fantasy football sure is a funny hobby!

I've never been more into a Packers-Ravens game in my entire life. Fantasy football sure is a funny hobby!
Don't think you've got many chances to really get into one...Last time they played was 2005.... and that's the only time I see going back to at least 2002.

Aaron Rodgers kneels for -1 rushing yard at the end of MNF to get me into the playoffs as the eighth seed by 0.02 points. ;) What stroke of luck got you in or kept you out of your playoffs this year?
:lmao:I lost in a league by .02 and it caused our commish to not get in. another matchup that could have gotten him in, team he needed to win lost by .56.In my redraft, I tied so I get in as a 3 seed! :shrug:
Commish is me...I blame it on the Carney benching being announced so late...waivers were closed, otherwise I would have picked up Hartley and I would have got the win and would not have had to worry about it. Instead, I lost 4 weeks in a row with Ray Rice, Fitz, VJack, Jennings/Harvin, and Gates on my roster....I still can't believe I didn't make the playoffs. 4 weeks ago after Ronnie Brown went down, traded away 1st and acquired Thomas Jones in 2 different deals thinking I would make the playoffs. And I would have if I won any of those last 4 weeks. 2nd most points on the season, 3rd best all play record, #2 in power ranking...no playoffs.
ouch........

The last sack of Flacco by Green Bay's defense bumped me from team #3 in the playoffs to team #1 and also earned me a few more dollars as top division winner.

Ray Rice's 21 yard draw play with less than 2 minutes in the game brought me from one point down to one point up in my match. As a result, I get an extra $100 for winning my division plus a 1st round bye!

I had to turn the channel after Flacco's 2nd 4th Q interception. It was too frustrating to watch.

Yahoo's reversal of Meachem getting a TD from yesterday to today was the difference ... it allowed me to claim the last playoff spot :shrug:

I was down by 10.. Win and I'm in lose and I'm out. My last 2 guys playing are Favre and Harvin. 1:30 seconds left Favre throws a TD pass to Harvin. I'm still smiling.... :shrug:

I have a feeling that Hines Ward calling out Roethlisberger helped me make the playoffs. I have Holmes and I think he got a little more attention because of it.

Lost and kicked out of the playoffs thanks to Brett Farve's Worthless 31 yard TD.... why the hell was he even in the game when they were down by 3 scores and less than 3 minutes left.

I was down by 10.. Win and I'm in lose and I'm out. My last 2 guys playing are Favre and Harvin. 1:30 seconds left Favre throws a TD pass to Harvin. I'm still smiling.... :confused:
Lost and kicked out of the playoffs thanks to Brett Farve's Worthless 31 yard TD.... why the hell was he even in the game when they were down by 3 scores and less than 3 minutes left.
Apparently he was in there to help SteevieG win.

JoeyJoeJoeJr said:
Aaron Rodgers kneels for -1 rushing yard at the end of MNF to get me into the playoffs as the eighth seed by 0.02 points. :confused:
I wouldn't be comfortable with that lead if your league makes scoring adjustments on Thursday mornings.

The perfect storm had to occur for me to make the playoffs this past week. I needed two teams to lose, and me to win and I was in. One of those two teams was up by 5 with a minute left to play in the Cowboys game with his whole roster done playing, and the opponent had Miles Austin still going. Austin scores the garbage TD and the other team wins by 2. So one down but I still need the other team to lose. That team is up by 25 points, with only Boldin and Shiancoe left to play in the Sunday Night game for their opponent. Those two combine for 28, and the second team I need to lose also goes down, by a 3 point margin. Now to my team. Prior to kickoff when I found out Carney was out I attempted to dump him for another kicker but found out all free agency moves are locked in this league because of the Thursday game (something I did not know, I just assumed it was only Thursday game players who were locked). So I roll kicker-less. Schaub goes down early and comes back but puts up a crap game. After Sunday night I have Green Bay defense left, he has Mason Crosby, and he is up by 3 (basically 4 since his bench outscored mine so a tie is a loss). Thanks to the Crosby missed field goal and the two late Green Bay picks, I pull out the win 100-97. Oh and I had Roddy White who scored a junk TD on the last play of his game yesterday. In all my years of fantasy I have never seen a collection of events work itself out the way the last two days did. So I slide into the playoffs as the 6th and final seed this year, likely to be crushed by a team with a lineup of players going against a CAKE schedule.

last week actually was the big decision week for me. playing my division chaser with a 1 game lead. going into monday night i had colston he had gostkowski and i was down 11 points. the final strike of 20 yards for the score to colston put me on top for 2 points and gave me a 2 game lead in the division with 2 to go and a 6 point lead in the tie breaker. all this while starting snelling who contributed a whopping -2 to the effort.

i won this week by 25 nothing special, peterson did not help much but meachem and coslton did their fair share to take care of business and follow through coming off the big hurdle.

week 13 was awesome, dramatic and a big win for me.

here is to the playoffs.

AP's dreadful performance lead the way to losing by 1.9 points in my WCOOFF championship.

Strangely AP has come up small at crunch time his first 3 years in the league.

Going into MNF football up by ~12.5 against Derrick Mason and Mason Crosby. Win and I'm #1 seed and get division winner payout. Lose and I get 5th seed in playoffs.

I won by .2 points. I yelled pretty loud when the game essentially ended with Flacco sacked on 4th and 3.

Let's see - Inserted Shiancoe for Finley at the deadline Sunday night. That difference would have won it for me.

Petersen being horrible

but my biggest regret which made this week a win and help week was starting Gary Barnidge a couple weeks ago based on FBG projections over Scheffler BY a LOT.

Barnidge - 0 Scheffler 6. I lost by 4.

:popcorn:

Was in a must win game and needed 10 from Driver last night....ended up tying. What was especially annoying was seeing AP's last carry of the Sunday night game go for -1 yard, giving him 19 yards rushing for the night.

Essentially, I missed out on the playoffs b/c of one yard lost on a meaningless carry in the last drive of a blowout. Yay me!

Users who are viewing this thread