What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What I have learned in week 1 - 2012 so far (1 Viewer)

Chazzhawk

Footballguy
The 49er's are legit, and their defense is really, really, really good.

Despite all the so-called upsets this weekend the Patriots are still the Patriots.

RG3 has not only earned his nickname, but by the start of rookie drafts next year we might be comparing all rookie quarterbacks to him and his records.

The Saints are going to miss Sean Payton more than any of us thought.

We might be comparing the 2011 quarterback class with the 1984 (correct me if I am wrong on the year) class.

Nate Burelson isn't done yet,(sorry Titus Young owners) while the rest of his teammates were dropping passes all day, he was catching everything.

C.J. Spiller is going to be really good.

Adrian Peterson is a freak of nature, he is on the same level as Calvin Johnson. I am not sure if either one of them is human.

Julio Jones isn't far behind the two stated above.

Micheal Turner is done.

Randall Cobb is going to be a faster version of Wes Welker when he gets the full time gig.

Jeremy Maclin is by far the best receiver on the Eagles

Mark Sanchez isn't dead, he was just sandbagging for the last 12 monthes.

Please add to this, I couldn't watch all the games

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dolphins are still terrible, Tannehill is going to have a LOOOONG season.

The Rams are slightly better than terrible despite them playing the Lions close. They could not run the ball to save their lives.

Kevin Smith looked really sharp today against an improved STL, gonna take an injury to displace him.

Quizz Rodgers is going have a 50/50 split with Turner next week along with every 3rd down. Could climb quickly and drastically if he performs.

The Jags are not going to throw the ball 15 times a game like last year. MJD will get his but I'm not sure I'd bet on him to finish top 10.

Would it be a bold prediction at this point to say Julio finishes WR1 barring injury? He should have had a 3rd TD and maybe more if KC could score in half 2.

Gonna be another long, tense year for Vick owners. When he wasn't throwing picks he was getting blasted on by LBs.

Brandon Marshall is going to be spoon fed all :censored: year, may set target, catch records.

BENCH ALL MIAMI PLAYERS. What's that? Oh right. BENCH REGGIE BUSH.

START ALL PLAYERS VS BUFFALO.

BUY WELKER NOW. I REPEAT, BUY WELKER. Belichick is evil, not stupid.

The 49er's are legit, and their defense is really, really, really good.

Despite all the so-called upsets this weekend the Patriots are still the Patriots.

RG3 has not only earned his nickname, but by the start of rookie drafts next year we might be comparing all rookie quarterbacks to him and his records.

The Saints are going to miss Sean Payton more than any of us thought.

We might be comparing the 2011 quarterback class with the 1984 (correct me if I am wrong on the year) class.

Nate Burelson isn't done yet,(sorry Titus Young owners) while the rest of his teammates were dropping passes all day, he was catching everything.

C.J. Spiller is going to be really good.

Adrian Peterson is a freak of nature, he is on the same level as Calvin Johnson. I am not sure if either one of them is human.

Julio Jones isn't far behind the two stated above.

Micheal Turner is done.

Randall Cobb is going to be a faster version of Wes Welker when he gets the full time gig.

Jeremy Maclin is by far the best receiver on the Eagles

Mark Sanchez isn't dead, he was just sandbagging for the last 12 monthes.

Please add to this, I couldn't watch all the games
Wouldn't say 49er's D deserved a 3rd "really".And 19 more yards then djax doesn't really qualify as "by far"

49ers D is mega-elite, well worth #1 D pick.

Good luck with the Shanahan carousel, Alfred Morris hehe.

Falcons are going to be a top 3-4 passing offense.

Andre Johnson still always gets his.

Do not want Dolphins, Browns, Jags, Chiefs offensive players besides MJD or Charles.

Carolina needs Stewart healthy in order to have a running game.

QB controversies coming in Seattle, Tenn?, KC?

There are a ton of usable QBs, now definitely including Cutler and RG3.

$120 million dollars can't buy you a single sack against a guy who was a second string LT 1 week ago.

/Billsstillsuck

C.J. Spiller will be a top 5 RB at the end of the year.

(Freddy Jax is hurt, and CJ tore up a very good Jets D)

The thing I forgot.

Doug Martin is going to have a very low YPC average, but he is going to get his just based on the number of rushes per game he will get when the game is close, or the number of check downs he will get when the games are out of hand.

And 19 more yards then djax doesn't really qualify as "by far"
Stats aside, Maclin took a beating today and still looked like the best WR on the field. He's the Eagles best WR.
Exactly, Maclin runs better routes, and just looks like a better receiver.
ask the Browns who the better WR is, they used Joe Haden to shadow DeSean Jackson so I think we know their opinion
My bad I forgot the Browns never make a mistake when it comes to game planning. That is why they have been so good for the last 10 years.

Stats aside, Maclin took a beating today and still looked like the best WR on the field. He's the Eagles best WR.
ask the Browns who the better WR is, they used Joe Haden to shadow DeSean Jackson so I think we know their opinion
That doesn't mean they felt Jackson was the better WR. It means they didn't want to get beat by the big play. There is a difference....

Just admit you didn't watch the game and all is forgiven :yes:

This. We have no CBs aside from Haden, and he was shadowing Jackson pretty much all game. I was THOROUGHLY unimpressed with the durability of Maclin. Was getting up gimpy after pretty much every catch.

New England may have drafted the two best defensive players in this years draft with Jones/Hightower.

Wes Welkers days as a fantasy stud are over.

Kenny Britt will have a HUGE season if the titans play calling stays that aggresive all season.

Dwill is worthless.

Benson is worthless.

Brandon Marshall is going to dominate.

Time to cash out on Forte if you have him.

RGIII to Garcon is going to be a sweet hook-up all year.

Rashad Jennings... we barely knew ya, kid.

New England may have drafted the two best defensive players in this years draft with Jones/Hightower.Wes Welkers days as a fantasy stud are over.Kenny Britt will have a HUGE season if the titans play calling stays that aggresive all season.Dwill is worthless.Benson is worthless.Brandon Marshall is going to dominate.Time to cash out on Forte if you have him. RGIII to Garcon is going to be a sweet hook-up all year.Rashad Jennings... we barely knew ya, kid.
Agree on most, the Benson and Welker predictions are a tad early.

New England may have drafted the two best defensive players in this years draft with Jones/Hightower.Wes Welkers days as a fantasy stud are over.Kenny Britt will have a HUGE season if the titans play calling stays that aggresive all season.Dwill is worthless.Benson is worthless.Brandon Marshall is going to dominate.Time to cash out on Forte if you have him. RGIII to Garcon is going to be a sweet hook-up all year.Rashad Jennings... we barely knew ya, kid.
Agree on most, the Benson and Welker predictions are a tad early.
Benson should be fixed to say whoever runs against SF is worthless.

Maybe I'm rose colored Bush owner but don't agree with this. Can't imagine a much worse scenario than this tannenhill debut vs a top 3 D and he still netted me 13 in my .5 ppr.
Agreed. Will will not be benching Bush all season in my PPR league. If anything, he showed my he is worthy of moving up to my RB2 instead of my flex guy. That was an impressive performance against one of the best Ds in the NFL.

Belichick, McDaniels, and the Patriots will return emphasis on the running game. Ridley's showing was just the example to set the course for the season.

Brady may spread the ball around with Lloyd being a human highlight reel but Gronkowski will remain a beast when the end zone comes into play. Also NE will not abandon the playaction down by the goal line either.

Maybe I'm rose colored Bush owner but don't agree with this. Can't imagine a much worse scenario than this tannenhill debut vs a top 3 D and he still netted me 13 in my .5 ppr.
Agreed. Will will not be benching Bush all season in my PPR league. If anything, he showed my he is worthy of moving up to my RB2 instead of my flex guy. That was an impressive performance against one of the best Ds in the NFL.
Bush put up better #'s than I thought he would against that D. Too bad their passing game blows chunks.

Belichick, McDaniels, and the Patriots will return emphasis on the running game. Ridley's showing was just the example to set the course for the season.Brady may spread the ball around with Lloyd being a human highlight reel but Gronkowski will remain a beast when the end zone comes into play. Also NE will not abandon the playaction down by the goal line either.
Pats homer and Brady's presser was very telling. Really talked a lot about running game. Specifically said 25-30 throws is where they want to be, they don't want to be throwing 50 times. I listen to a lot of post game stuff and thought this was revealing.

Welker's going to be a bust this year. Decent run game + Brandon Lloyd = Brady doesn't need him to move the chains as much. Not to mention the usual Pats contract year shenanigans (wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Edelman and Salas in the slot).

-That baby is going to grow up a Cowboys fan.

-That guy in the blue suit is the most annoying guy in the world.

-Greg Jennings wears old spice.

-The Niners are the new "don't start your RB against the Steelers" team.

-The Cardinals have a GOOD defense.

-THe Panthers need JSTEW a lot more than people thought.

-The three most spoon fed players in the league are going to be Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, and Doug Martin.

-THe Bucs are very different this year in a good way.

-Adrian Peterson was developed by SKYNET and sent to us in 1997.

Jeff Fisher is a really good coach and will have St. L playing at a much higher level this year. This will be most apparent on D where they will be far more disciplined and offer more complex schemes. This was very apparent in today's game vs. Det. They almost won that game and really had no business doing so outside of the fact that Fisher put his stamp on that D.

RG3 is going to be good, real good. Yeah he took advantage of a bad NO D but none the less, NO id an aggressive D and one that could have confused any young QB. He was better than anyone could have hoped.

NO is going to struggle this year. RG3 aside, you have to beat Wash at home when they are starting a rookie QB.

SF is perhaps the most physical team in the NFL. They are also more dangerous this year thanks to upgrades at WR. They should be the SD favorite.

GB lacks toughness and will struggle because of it. Rogers makes that team tick but little else.

Kenny Britt will have a HUGE season if the titans play calling stays that aggresive all season.
Tell me more about the Titans play calling. Going deep a ton? Trying to figure out how they were being aggressive.
They did throw the long ball quite a bit. Were they trailing for much of the game? I believe so...The Run N Gun offense they installed in the pre-season will definitely enhance all WRs and Jared Cook. I think Britt is an animal regardless of the offense he is in, the RnG will only help. He is a legitimate top 10-15 WR when healthy.

Of course this is all based on Week 1 hype, but what the hell...

-The receivers to own in New England are the TEs (but we already suspected that, didn't we?)

-If Fred Jackson stays hurt, CJ Spiller is in for a monster year.

-Lance Moore may be the New Orleans WR to own.

-I'd be worried if I were a Michael Vick owner.

-Steven Ridley is a really good RB. Vereen's value is trending even lower.

-Despite their struggles today, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady are going to put up monster numbers.

-Stafford is going to be ok. Too many weapons.

-I'd be really worried if I were a Larry Fitzgerald owner.

-Alfred Morris will be the WW darling this week. Good luck counting on that type of production for the rest of the season.

-If Kevin Smith keeps playing this well, he won't lose the starting RB position this season barring injury.

-Randy Moss will tease all season, but will probably not be worth more than a flex start any given week.

-I'd be committing seppuku I were a Chris Johnson owner.

These small/skinny yet extremely quick wr's (if that's scat-back for rb's, is this scat-recevier?) are going to have a ton of value this season (Cobb, McCluster, I guess you can toss Moore into this but he's more smart than fast).

Alfred Morris is a hall of famer!! No, but seriously, we MAY have clarity in this backfield much earlier than expected (as I write this Shanahan is probably naming Morris his 4th string rb).

Matt Ryan is going to take the next step that has been predicted.

Whether Collie is there or not, old man Reggie Wayne is still going to get his.

Brandon Weeden is going to be benched for Colt McCoy at some point.

Danny Amendola will be solid for ppr.

The 49ers run D will once again be one to avoid.

I'm going to fight RG3 if he doesn't start throwing to Fred Davis more often.

huh? forte looked awesome

I would also like to hear why one should cash out on Forte.

-That baby is going to grow up a Cowboys fan.

-That guy in the blue suit is the most annoying guy in the world.

-Greg Jennings wears old spice.

-The Niners are the new "don't start your RB against the Steelers" team.

-The Cardinals have a GOOD defense.

-THe Panthers need JSTEW a lot more than people thought.

-The three most spoon fed players in the league are going to be Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, and Doug Martin.

-THe Bucs are very different this year in a good way.

-Adrian Peterson was developed by SKYNET and sent to us in 1997.
Tar and feather that freak ASAP. Please.Sincerely,

Everyone

I'm reading this as, "If you don't have Forte in full point PPR, sell." He looked amazing to me. The presence of Michael Bush in non-PPR leagues will drive Forte owners nuts all season. In non-PPR, I'd sell now and get out on a high note if you can get alot for him.

Benson is a low end rb2 or flex player but went against the best rush defense in the leagueI wish you were in my league and had Welker so I could buy him for .25 cents on the dollarI didn't see a lot of the Bears game why is it time to trade Forte?Correct me if I am wrong but didn't all of Garcon's yards come on pretty much one play and all of them in the first half?

Benson is a low end rb2 or flex player but went against the best rush defense in the leagueI wish you were in my league and had Welker so I could buy him for .25 cents on the dollarI didn't see a lot of the Bears game why is it time to trade Forte?Correct me if I am wrong but didn't all of Garcon's yards come on pretty much one play and all of them in the first half?
garcon got hurt on that play

I'm reading this as, "If you don't have Forte in full point PPR, sell." He looked amazing to me. The presence of Michael Bush in non-PPR leagues will drive Forte owners nuts all season. In non-PPR, I'd sell now and get out on a high note if you can get alot for him.
he scored a td :shrug: and looked amazing

TB will be competitive and D. Martin is going to have a big year (so will Mike Williams, VJ not so much)

Ryan & Julio love is well waranted

Something smells in GB & NO

Det picks up where they left off, Stafford blows,,,,Stafford pulls it out......

Giants are an 8-8 team

Vick is still not very good imho

Gabbert much improved

Still not sure what Russell Wilson is......

The reports of the death of the Jets have been greatly exagerated

Houston & Miami are exactly who we thought they were

NE D is much improved (what else were u expecting me to say?)

Hernandez will outscore Gronk (only concern is Hernandez propensity for nagging injuries)

Wasn't high on Loyd going into year, a little higher now

Ridley could be big, newsflash for those not in the know, Bolden is the handcuff.....

:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread