What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is Chris Johnson's value? (1 Viewer)

It's looking like his salary before the holdout was about fair value. What would he have made this year? Like $900,000?

Dynasty start 2qb league. Was offered Brady and Daniel Thomas for Rivers and Johnson. I kept Rivers and Johnson. Afterwards I realized Rives has outplayed Brady every week since week 4.

The Michael Bush owner had CJ and kept trying to get DMC for him. I gave in today, deadline day, and send DMC packing for Johnson and Miles Austin. I had to cut Quizz, but all in all, I think I did rather well for a guy that is still on crutches.

Is giving Green too much for him? I have Nicks and Wallace but only Benson and Ryan Mathews to go with McCoy. The whole SD thing looks shaky at the moment.

yeah, good point. I guess I'm projecting better, at least consistent performance, say 15/75, 4/30 (occasional TD). I'd take that....

I'd rather that that a player not even being in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was offered Blount and a 1st for him today. In PPR, I just can't do it. Was also offered a 1st (1.7-1.10 range) straight up, and I think that is too low also. Am I wrong?

I actually watched his game last week, and he came out looking great. Broke off a great run then followed that up with a series of 4-6 yard gains. Next thing I know he is hesitating in the backfield and the few more times that he made it to the second level, he would just about sit down on the field to avoid contact.His guaranteed part of the contract must have stipulations that he can't get hurt in the first year of the contract!! Luckily he is not my #1 RB so as long as I get 10-15 (in PPR) from him each week, I'm good.Do have an owner interested in a CJ/? for Jennings type of deal though.
This leads me to ask myself.... does he have an injury not listed on the injury report?
He did quit and leave the game with "hamstring tightness". An all-around pathetic performance from CJ from the 2nd quarter on.Now Munchak has entered phase 2, quietly calling out CJ to the media. Phase 3 is chewing him out on the sidelines and benching him for a quarter or more. Phase 4 would be to tell him to fake an injury and sit the rest of the season out, which I predict happens around week 12.
I don't recall that hamstring tightness you speak of.Re-this thread-There were holes at times that he missed, other times (most often) it was pathetic and looked like an army chasing him down. Hall didn't play as often as I expected. He made an obvious difference-as any good FB would. The extra T made a difference too, naturally. You can almost see Munchak's commitment to the blocking while you're watching the game. He's going to improve their blocking or die trying. I also think it's about time to "call out" the great Bruce Matthews as an OL coach. Matthews is oh so special a person, but he deserves to take some flack here. That line is poor and he needs to light a fire.It's not just CJ.I've noticed CJ run almost run into defenders or linemen because it surprised him the holes closed up so quick. I've seen a ton of runs that no one could have done well on and started to wish he'd do a Barry-like move and try running to the opposite sideline. It's a mess.It looked better last week in spots. I don't doubt Matthews and Munchak are all over their blocking during the bye and it sure makes me curious how they'll perform after.
It's not just CJ? He's averaged 3 ypc this year. That's it! and these aren't tough grind it out, short yardage, goal line type yards. That is absolutely pathetic, regardless of the line. I mean it's sad when people make a big deal about him breaking a 20 yard run. Your statement about him running into defenders because it surprised him the holes closed up so quick makes absolutely no sense at all.

Was just offered Reggie Bush ($6) and Julio Jones ($20) for CJ ($65) in dynasty auction. :eek:
I'd be all over Julio for him, hell Bush might have more value too.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I think the guy's nuts. He's in first place. He didn't need to make this trade and he doesn't have a lot of depth. He must be confident CJ is going to tear it up down the stretch. I just don't see that happening.

We want him because he's proven he can do it, he should turn it around, we have issues at RB2, and we're enamored with the fantasy legend that is Chris Johnson- or some combination thereof. I'd start him over Ryan Mathews right now until that situation changes. If he can be had on the cheaper side I'd get him- it could mean a title and the dough and possibly not giving up other main starters, that's why.

In my keeper league, I'm out of it already and prepping for next season. Contender for this season wanted to unload CJ.

He gave me: CJ, Ringer, Mike Williams (TB) and Michael Bush, for,

I gave him: Beanie Wells, Dwayne Bowe, Joe Addai, and Donald Brown

Seemed like a good deal for me, and it helps him a bit with depth heading into the fantasy playoffs. Next season I'll probably retain Peyton Manning (been on my bench all year), and I can keep any two of CJ, Ringer, Bush, Blount, Best, Brandon Lloyd or Mike Williams, so I'll have 3 decent players to keep and an early pick in the draft.

Users who are viewing this thread