What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the most underhanded thing you've done (1 Viewer)

Try being the commish of your keeper league and when setting up the schedule, you look at when your bye weeks are of your studs and you correespondingly match yourself up with a team who has the same thing...i.e. Mannings bye week this season I will be playing a guy who has Edge and Wayne....lolThats devious and something that for 4 years now, no one has noticed.If I help myself enough, then who cares who else I help?  This has helped me win more than any other team in my league.....its pretty bad, as it helps my team so much, but until someone wises up I dont know if I will quit.
I'm not saying it's a bad move, it's a good move. I'm simply giving a reason that nobody would complain.FWIW, I'm glad I'm not in your league.But, if you're gonna cheat, this is a "good" way to cheat.
I'm not sure which of these two sickens me more - the guy who gleefully screws over his leaguemates as a commish & thinks he is some kind of FF genius in the process, or the guy who shrugs his shoulders & grudgingly promotes the aforementioned scumbag behavior.You two deserve to be in the same league together. Maybe you can join up with the guys in the "starting requirements for a 12 team league" thread who are convinced that they know the only proper way to play FF and that the rest of us are just morons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the camp that gives the schedule setting a big :thumbdown:

How many people look at other people's schedule with any degree of depth / analysis?
I'm in a league that switched from 10 to 12 teams last year. We use a 13 game regular season so that meant we would then miss out on playing one team each. The commissioner and I are in the same division and have two of the top teams in the league. I'm sure it happened by accident from what I know of him, but I thought to check late in the season and noticed that he didn't have to play the defending champ while I missed out on playing the worst team the year before. We have a home field advantage rule and I ended up losing the division by a game and that probably cost me the championship.I proposed a scheduling method where we would determine who each team doesn't play based on the previous year's results and he said he'd implement it, so all's good :thumbup:

Back on topic, one year I traded a 5th round pick before a draft in a keeper league to get Terry Glenn. I figured my WRs were alright but thought it was worth the upgrade. About five minutes later someone else was deciding who to keep and said, "Shoot, I'm really weak at wide receiver. What do you want for Glenn?" I gave Glenn over for a 3rd round pick. The guy who originally traded me Glenn was ticked! The funny thing is those two guys are brothers. :lmao:

Try being the commish of your keeper league and when setting up the schedule, you look at when your bye weeks are of your studs and you correespondingly match yourself up with a team who has the same thing...i.e. Mannings bye week this season I will be playing a guy who has Edge and Wayne....lol

Thats devious and something that for 4 years now, no one has noticed.
Probably because your opponents are thankful.The other teams shouldn't be, but you're really helping two teams by doing that.
If I help myself enough, then who cares who else I help? This has helped me win more than any other team in my league.....its pretty bad, as it helps my team so much, but until someone wises up I dont know if I will quit.
Isn't this just flat out cheating? I bet you think that looking up their waiver pickups and sniping them is a real hoot.
I tend to agree with this....there is devious and underhanded, and there is just cheating. When you win this league, do you actually feel like the best manager in your league?Glad your not my commish.... :thumbdown:
How is the schedule not determined prior to the draft? That's ridiculous.

Try being the commish of your keeper league and when setting up the schedule, you look at when your bye weeks are of your studs and you correespondingly match yourself up with a team who has the same thing...i.e. Mannings bye week this season I will be playing a guy who has Edge and Wayne....lol

Probably because your opponents are thankful.The other teams shouldn't be, but you're really helping two teams by doing that.
If I help myself enough, then who cares who else I help? This has helped me win more than any other team in my league.....its pretty bad, as it helps my team so much, but until someone wises up I dont know if I will quit.
Isn't this just flat out cheating? I bet you think that looking up their waiver pickups and sniping them is a real hoot.
I tend to agree with this....there is devious and underhanded, and there is just cheating. When you win this league, do you actually feel like the best manager in your league?Glad your not my commish.... :thumbdown:
Agreed Radballs. In the redraft leagues I commish....included in every owner's folder is a copy of the schedule. We draw to determine which division and team number we are assigned that corresponds with the schedule. The owners in my league would never go for a schedule created after the fact. In my keeper league...we keep the same schedule year in and year out.

At live drafts I often will say under my breath...but just loud enough for a guy ahead of me that is waffling on a pick....a few names to whoever is hanging out at the draft with me...of guys I really don't want....in hopes that they will take one them...allowing the guy I really want to slip to me a few more spots.  This has worked more than a few times...and I always act it up afterwards like saying...."Oh, ####, I was going to take him...nice pick!"
I too...have studied and performed this art. It works quite well :thumbup:
By "studied" do you me once fell victim of and have since performed? :P
This type of thing is too transparent to work. If I were the guy sitting next to you, I would know that you didn't want the guys you had said, and might even be able to deduce who you really wanted based on whose names you DIDN'T say. That move could easily backfire.
It's a fine art. The key is to avoid eye contact with the owner waffling on the pick....and say it low enough to your buddy sitting at your table (that is there to watch...not draft) that it appears like you are trying to keep it quiet....but just loud enough for the guy waffling on the pick can hear you. Sometimes I will say something like...I really like these 2 guys....if they both slip...which one would you go with (again to your buddy hanging at the draft that isn't in the league)???...when in fact I really don't like either one of them. They should be players that should go in or near that round so it is believable.....but again....not the guy that you are targeting. Keep in mind that I'm a psychologist and my other primary hobby is poker. It is all in reading people and the delivery. I don't see this as cheating....just misdirection.

If I help myself enough, then who cares who else I help?  This has helped me win more than any other team in my league.....its pretty bad, as it helps my team so much, but until someone wises up I dont know if I will quit.
I'm not saying it's a bad move, it's a good move. I'm simply giving a reason that nobody would complain.FWIW, I'm glad I'm not in your league.

But, if you're gonna cheat, this is a "good" way to cheat.
I'm not sure which of these two sickens me more - the guy who gleefully screws over his leaguemates as a commish & thinks he is some kind of FF genius in the process, or the guy who shrugs his shoulders & grudgingly promotes the aforementioned scumbag behavior.You two deserve to be in the same league together. Maybe you can join up with the guys in the "starting requirements for a 12 team league" thread who are convinced that they know the only proper way to play FF and that the rest of us are just morons.
"...and when someone besides me wins the league I don't send them the money... :lmao: "

I'm not saying it's a bad move, it's a good move. I'm simply giving a reason that nobody would complain.FWIW, I'm glad I'm not in your league.

But, if you're gonna cheat, this is a "good" way to cheat.
You're obviously misinterpreting my statements and my feeling on cheating.I realize the statements came off wrong - the "good" way to cheat especially, but take my word if you will, those who know me or are in internet leagues with me know I don't condone cheating.

I was simply saying that in his league, if players aren't checking (most beginners don't) he will get away with it.

Back in the old days, having low or poor character was not something many guys boasted about. Strange to see so much pride in being dishonest. :bag: oye.

With 1st place locked up going into the last game of the regular season, I "rested" my starters against a team on the playoff bubble letting them into the playoffs, which in turn bumped a team out of the playoffs that had become very dangerous after a miserable start. After I lost the Championship game, I was promptly kicked out of the league.

in a league with first come-first serve WW pickups in week #1 of the season, i changed the time on my PC prior to emailing in my request for anquan boldin. the email's time was listed to be 1:15 EDT, but it was sent in the 2nd quarter. it worked. :bag:edit: karma played out properly as i was shut out of the $$ in that league that year.

One of the players in our league loves the Giants. Two years ago, he ran into the problem of his #1 RB was injured and his backup was on a bye leaving him with only one back to start. I; like the very noble person I am, traded him Ron Dayne so he could have a legal starting line up. I had just picked up Dayne off of waivers, mainly for this purpose. He in turn traded me H. Ward. I don't think Dayne ever did get him any points. He still cusses at me every time any one mentions Dayne. :lol:

I agree. Our schedule is set way before our draft. No way could this happen in our league. Not that I would even want to do it. :thumbdown:

So basically you don't have the talent to win so you cheat.

I'd love to hear this...

I did one of the most WRONG things last year to a couple of owners I don't even know.

I was at a trade show at McCormick Place and a couple of people forgot to log off the CBSSportsline.com website on some free public internet cafes.

I waived Ladainian Tomlinson and Shaun Alexander for a couple of owners and picked up Anthony Thomas for them. I couldn't believe the A-Train was still available....

SO WRONG....
By the way GA, this was a classic.

This may not count 'cause I haven't done it yet. I share a team with a guy a gave him the password to my FBG account so he can get up to speed for 8/6 auction. After the auction I will change the password and claim ignorance. Being the nice guy I am I will e-mail him updates for his cheatsheets that are "slightly altered". The raeson is we are competing against each other in a league that drafts 9/3.
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not so sure I would bragging about facilitating the theft of pay material from a website on the website's messageboard. Now what would really be funny is you winning the $30,000 FBG contest only to find out this other owner changed the contact information to his personal information.

You're obviously misinterpreting my statements and my feeling on cheating.

I realize the statements came off wrong - the "good" way to cheat especially, but take my word if you will, those who know me or are in internet leagues with me know I don't condone cheating.

I was simply saying that in his league, if players aren't checking (most beginners don't) he will get away with it.
If that is the caes, I gladly retract any of my comments aimed at you.

With 1st place locked up going into the last game of the regular season, I "rested" my starters against a team on the playoff bubble letting them into the playoffs, which in turn bumped a team out of the playoffs that had become very dangerous after a miserable start.

After I lost the Championship game, I was promptly kicked out of the league.
I guess the NFL should've kicked out the Eagles and Falcons last year for basically doing the same type of things. Playing their backups against teams going after playoff spots.I don't really consider what you did all that underhanded, low or mean. If you have the power to knock out a really hot playoff bubble team, then I say do it.

Let em cry in the Toilet Bowl bracket.

With 1st place locked up going into the last game of the regular season, I "rested" my starters against a team on the playoff bubble letting them into the playoffs, which in turn bumped a team out of the playoffs that had become very dangerous after a miserable start.

I guess the NFL should've kicked out the Eagles and Falcons last year for basically doing the same type of things. Playing their backups against teams going after playoff spots.I don't really consider what you did all that underhanded, low or mean. If you have the power to knock out a really hot playoff bubble team, then I say do it.

Let em cry in the Toilet Bowl bracket.
I assume you can see the difference between NFL teams resting their talent and a FF team doing the same. I wonder, if I hadn't started TO in week 14, would he have gotten injured? :unsure: BUT, kicking an active owner out for it is extreme.

I brought some very potent, very tasty home brewed beer to my local draft. I warned them it was NOT your store bought beer... it was about 8.5% abv but tasted very... um... innocent enough. By the fifth round, they were all slap happy. Three of them really screwed up thier drafts. Unfortunately, that will only work one time. The commissioner who fixes the schedule would get some sugar in his gas tank.The guy that intentionally lost to keep another team out of the playoffs would have been thrown out of every league I am in. That's because I won't join a league that doesn't have a rule against tanking. If it's not in the rules, he should not have been thrown out, however.

The guy that intentionally lost to keep another team out of the playoffs would have been thrown out of every league I am in. That's because I won't join a league that doesn't have a rule against tanking. If it's not in the rules, he should not have been thrown out, however.
I'm against tanking if you're already out of the playoffs and are trying to get a higher draft pick. However in the situation given above it was a team that clinched the #1 spot and was doing it to increase his playoff chances. I guess you could make an argument that both are strategic moves, but the situation given here doesn't seem wrong to me...

The guy that intentionally lost to keep another team out of the playoffs would have been thrown out of every league I am in. That's because I won't join a league that doesn't have a rule against tanking. If it's not in the rules, he should not have been thrown out, however.
I'm against tanking if you're already out of the playoffs and are trying to get a higher draft pick. However in the situation given above it was a team that clinched the #1 spot and was doing it to increase his playoff chances. I guess you could make an argument that both are strategic moves, but the situation given here doesn't seem wrong to me...
i agree

Good for them! I would have given you the boot that weekend and you would not have gotten to enjoy a play-off run. Hope you learned your lesson.

I'd love to hear this...

I did one of the most WRONG things last year to a couple of owners I don't even know.

I was at a trade show at McCormick Place and a couple of people forgot to log off the CBSSportsline.com website on some free public internet cafes.

I waived Ladainian Tomlinson and Shaun Alexander for a couple of owners and picked up Anthony Thomas for them. I couldn't believe the A-Train was still available....

SO WRONG....
I find this hard to believe as CBS uses undroppable player lists.

I'd love to hear this...

I waived Ladainian Tomlinson and Shaun Alexander for a couple of owners and picked up Anthony Thomas for them.    I couldn't believe the A-Train was still available....

SO WRONG....
No they don't.

I'd love to hear this...

I waived Ladainian Tomlinson and Shaun Alexander for a couple of owners and picked up Anthony Thomas for them.    I couldn't believe the A-Train was still available....

SO WRONG....
No they don't.
Yes they do.Undroppable Players

To maintain the integrity of your league, you will be prevented from dropping certain star NFL players throughout the season. CBS SportsLine.com, as commissioner of all Fantasy Football leagues, will decide - in its sole discretion - which NFL players are undroppable. If there are players we've deemed undroppable on your roster, they will not be displayed on the Add/Drop page for your team. You may appeal to CBS SportsLine.com for permission to drop an undroppable player, however CBS SportsLine.com will make the final decision on all undroppable player requests. Appeals can be sent via the Help, Contact Us page and should include the names of the players you want to add and drop.

I can't find the list but I am sure LT2 and Alexander are on it.

I wish I could take credit for this...I think I remember reading on a FF board (it was probably this one) about a guy who happened to be the commish of his league. He told his leaguemates that the league fee included a special new "trade advisor" feature called "Ask Mr Fantasy" or something like that. The commish said that all league members could email "Mr Fantasy" with their trade questions and Mr Fantasy would reply with his insight. Basically, he was their own personal expert. The rest of the guys in the league didn't know not only that Mr Fantasy never existed, but they were also unaware that their commish had recently created an email account: askmrfantasy@yahoo/hotmail (whatever). The commish would then send out trade offers very much in his favor. The recipients of these trade offers would email Mr Fantasy, who would of course suggest that they accept the trade. Pure genius.

I wish I could take credit for this...

I think I remember reading on a FF board (it was probably this one) about a guy who happened to be the commish of his league. He told his leaguemates that the league fee included a special new "trade advisor" feature called "Ask Mr Fantasy" or something like that. The commish said that all league members could email "Mr Fantasy" with their trade questions and Mr Fantasy would reply with his insight. Basically, he was their own personal expert.

The rest of the guys in the league didn't know not only that Mr Fantasy never existed, but they were also unaware that their commish had recently created an email account: askmrfantasy@yahoo/hotmail (whatever). The commish would then send out trade offers very much in his favor. The recipients of these trade offers would email Mr Fantasy, who would of course suggest that they accept the trade.

Pure genius.
No more posts please, this is the winner, hands down.Seriously, keep them coming. This thread is great unlike... http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=164833

I wish I could take credit for this...

I think I remember reading on a FF board (it was probably this one) about a guy who happened to be the commish of his league. He told his leaguemates that the league fee included a special new "trade advisor" feature called "Ask Mr Fantasy" or something like that. The commish said that all league members could email "Mr Fantasy" with their trade questions and Mr Fantasy would reply with his insight. Basically, he was their own personal expert.

The rest of the guys in the league didn't know not only that Mr Fantasy never existed, but they were also unaware that their commish had recently created an email account: askmrfantasy@yahoo/hotmail (whatever). The commish would then send out trade offers very much in his favor. The recipients of these trade offers would email Mr Fantasy, who would of course suggest that they accept the trade.

Pure genius.
:goodposting: Nothing illegal, but very underhanded. Owners who use other people's opinions above their own deserve what comes to them.

Good for them! I would have given you the boot that weekend and you would not have gotten to enjoy a play-off run. Hope you learned your lesson.
I did. I had the same opportunity last year in the same league (they voted me back the following year). I had first place locked up by week 10 and played all my "starters" the rest of the way. It paid off karma-wise because I went on the win the Championship.

I was in a fantasy baseball head-to-head league where the Commish actually tried something similar--with about a month to go in the season, he changed the schedule so that my first-place team played the 3 hottest teams in the league down the stretch while his 2nd place team played three patsies. I called him on it on the league message board and he denied any changes. I offered to scan and post the printout of the original schedule I had from earlier in the season (a complete bluff, of course) and the schedule miraculously got changed back. Needless to say, I will no longer play in any league he runs.

I had some insider information that Steve Young was going to retire a day before any of the specualtion began, I got good value for him, a few days later he retired.

I did. I had the same opportunity last year in the same league (they voted me back the following year). I had first place locked up by week 10 and played all my "starters" the rest of the way. It paid off karma-wise because I went on the win the Championship.
We don't have anything in our rules regarding "tanking" any games whether you are in first or last although you are encouraged since the way you finish helps decide the drafting order for the next year. In fact in our league you have to win the Toilet Bowl to get the first pick. Also the person third-to-last has to beat the fourth-to-last to get the third pick and so on. As the commish, this would be a tough decision because it is ultimately up to the owner to decide who they want to start. I find it hard to believe the fantasy players would need "resting" the last game. If several owners came to me about it than certain measures would need to be taken.I guess I look at it though if you are good enough to win the division, you should be able to win your bowl not matter who your opponent is.

I'm glad I read this thread as their are a few things that might help clarify rules for the future.

The "Ask Mr. Fantasy" idea is :lmao: However, I would be :confused: about the owners in the league.

I had some insider information that Steve Young was going to retire a day before any of the specualtion began, I got good value for him, a few days later he retired.
Did the owner who did the trade ever do another deal with you? or did he think it coincidence?

Did the owner who did the trade ever do another deal with you? or did he think it coincidence?
He did. I dealt him a full 24 hours before the speculation began. Since Karma hit me in the rear end, when I traded for Ricky Williams in my dynasty league about 2 weeks before he went wacko.

He did. I dealt him a full 24 hours before the speculation began. Since Karma hit me in the rear end, when I traded for Ricky Williams in my dynasty league about 2 weeks before he went wacko.
That's interesting. He didn't say anything about you knowing Young was going to retire and you dumping him? I guess it should be more on him for not doing his homework before he did the deal. I would have liked to have Ricky as well but I have learned as a Fins fan that I don't like having them on my fantasy team since they never seam to pan out for me personally. I drafted Marino on 1995 my #1 and #6 overall and also drafted Favre in the 2nd round. I later traded Favre in a deal for Emmitt Smith and that was 2 days before Emmitt put up 4 TD's against NY Gians on MNF. But since Marino I haven't had a Fins player on my team and if I did it wasn't very long. I did try to get Ricky but never could get the right deal in place.

I skipped my mom's funeral to go to the draft. Hey, I HAD to... my boss is in my league and I told him she died last year so I could have a week off to go to the beach! :ph34r:

A number of years ago I noticed an Owner didn't have a starting Kicker on a Saturday, so I did the "Pick up every kicker in the league and cut them" deal on Sportsline. It put every kicker in the league on Waivers until after kickoff.

Wasn't well received.
:lmao: Was it a Sportsline league where an illegal lineup disqualifies you?

A number of years ago I noticed an Owner didn't have a starting Kicker on a Saturday, so I did the "Pick up every kicker in the league and cut them" deal on Sportsline.  It put every kicker in the league on Waivers until after kickoff.

Wasn't well received.
His lineup would never come into question since he picked them up and immediately cut them. Since he released them they were placed on waivers, as are all players released by a team, thereby disallowing anyone to have access to them until the next waiver period which would be after the games that week.

A number of years ago I noticed an Owner didn't have a starting Kicker on a Saturday, so I did the "Pick up every kicker in the league and cut them" deal on Sportsline. It put every kicker in the league on Waivers until after kickoff.

Wasn't well received.
His lineup would never come into question since he picked them up and immediately cut them. Since he released them they were placed on waivers, as are all players released by a team, thereby disallowing anyone to have access to them until the next waiver period which would be after the games that week.
You're missing my point.If the team he's playing didn't have a kicker, it would hurt, but maybe not bad enough to lose...

Unless Sportsline disqualified that team for the week for not having a kicker, which would increase the underhandedness of this by about 100 times.

I skipped my mom's funeral to go to the draft. Hey, I HAD to... my boss is in my league and I told him she died last year so I could have a week off to go to the beach! :ph34r:
Well, so much for that fishing trip! Did you guys decide not to give me any grief because you knew I was lying, or because you didn't see anything wrong with it? :bag:

Well, so much for that fishing trip! Did you guys decide not to give me any grief because you knew I was lying, or because you didn't see anything wrong with it? :bag:
I knew you were lying, thought it was pretty funny.

This hasn't happened yet...but my buddy is in a league where the commissioner assigned the wrong Ricky Williams (the free agent who used to be on the Colts) to the owner that drafted "the real" Ricky Williams.The real Ricky Williams is on waivers. I told him to pick him up, because it should be the owner's responsibility to check his roster after the draft and resolve any discrepancies.

This hasn't happened yet...but my buddy is in a league where the commissioner assigned the wrong Ricky Williams (the free agent who used to be on the Colts) to the owner that drafted "the real" Ricky Williams.

The real Ricky Williams is on waivers. I told him to pick him up, because it should be the owner's responsibility to check his roster after the draft and resolve any discrepancies.
But it should be the commissioner's job not to screw it up in the first place :D

I'm in a league with a mix of experienced guys and fantasy first timers. I wound up getting auto-drafted with Yahoo's pre-draft rankings due to technical difficulties, and didn't really like my team when I got it (surprise surprise. Yahoo actually drafted my Indy's D/ST when Pitt and Buffalo were both on the board :hot: . Oh, and it picked up David Boston for me in the 12th. :rant: )ANYWAY, the draft was over, and I look on waivers, and it's like Christmas has come early. I guess nobody informed the new guys of the value and the scarcity of starting RBs in the NFL. Our league has 9 starters (QB/2RB/3WR/TE/D/PK) and 6 bench spots, so I was thinking I could only roster 6 of those waiver RBs, until I got the fiendish idea to drop all 6 bench players and my starting TE, D, and PK. I then had 11 RBs on my roster, but I would have had to drop at least 3 of them before the season started to get a legal roster. I then proceeded to educate all of the new guys about why, exactly, RBs are so valuable in fantasy football, and traded away RBs that I was going to have to cut in a week anyway for upgrades at other positions (for instance, I traded McMichaels and Ronnie Brown for Jason Witten, Coles and J.J. Arrington for Javon Walker, Shaun Alexander and Willie Parker for Priest Holmes, etc). Little by little I whittled down my RB excess until I had a full team again.I don't really think any of that was underhanded, because all of the trades were extremely fair and definitely improved the other team, I just think it was funny because nobody even realized they could have waited 5 days and picked up all of these guys for free, anyway.The underhanded part, though, was yet to come. I happened to notice that one owner had Bell/Bennett/J.Jones. I was about to contact him and let him know he didn't have 2 starting RBs on his roster and offer him some trade bait... until I noticed that he was my week 1 opponent. Not only did I keep my mouth shut, but I also alerted all the other guys that I'd already made trades with of every single decent RB left on waivers ("Hey, since you did that trade with me, here's a little tip- pick up Stephen Davis!"). The end result is that there's no longer ANYTHING on waivers, and I'm going up in week 1 against a guy starting J.Jones and Tatum Bell. And as soon as I get done beating him, first thing I'm going to do is offer to trade him some RB depth. :lmao: In case you're wondering who I picked up off of waivers... J.J. Arrington, Kevan Barlow, Mewelde Moore, Willie Parker, Ronnie Brown, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, T.J. Duckett, Cadillac Williams. :mellow:

I'd love to hear this...I did one of the most WRONG things last year to a couple of owners I don't even know.I was at a trade show at McCormick Place and a couple of people forgot to log off the CBSSportsline.com website on some free public internet cafes.I waived Ladainian Tomlinson and Shaun Alexander for a couple of owners and picked up Anthony Thomas for them. I couldn't believe the A-Train was still available....SO WRONG.... LOL, What is so wrong is that you lie worse than a bad rug. Have much credibility on these forums Gridiron? I kinda doubt it after reading the above BOLD lie. I am an avid user of CBSSportsline and know for a fact that it would be impossable to waive either of those players last year. CBS has a no waive list and both players were 100 percent on it. Perhaps you might want to peddle your lies on another forum, YaHoo might be your speed........ ironic really......A lie to start a thread about how bad your charector is...... you are consistent tho.

that is absolutely wrong

This was in a Yahoo run fantasy hockey league years ago. Rules stated that we had 820 skater games, wingers & dmen combined. This was a total points league, not H2H.

Anyway, the league was super tight into the last two weeks of the season, me and a buddy of mine. We were both carefully tracking our games played. I checked the rule book one last time, and it stated that on the day you went over the games played limit, ALL games played for that day would count. So while my buddy set his schedule up so that the last day of the season would get him to game #820, I set my schedule up so that the next to last day of the season put me at 819. Then I dropped eveyone not playing the final day, and started a full line up. I ended up with 831 games played, and won the league by 2 points (something like 2875 to 2873).

The sticking point was that I realized this rule situation a week before the end of the season, and didn't say anything. Didn't go over well, although I maintained that I had just paid closer attention to the rules than he did.

This was in a Yahoo run fantasy hockey league years ago. Rules stated that we had 820 skater games, wingers & dmen combined. This was a total points league, not H2H.

Anyway, the league was super tight into the last two weeks of the season, me and a buddy of mine. We were both carefully tracking our games played. I checked the rule book one last time, and it stated that on the day you went over the games played limit, ALL games played for that day would count. So while my buddy set his schedule up so that the last day of the season would get him to game #820, I set my schedule up so that the next to last day of the season put me at 819. Then I dropped eveyone not playing the final day, and started a full line up. I ended up with 831 games played, and won the league by 2 points (something like 2875 to 2873).

The sticking point was that I realized this rule situation a week before the end of the season, and didn't say anything. Didn't go over well, although I maintained that I had just paid closer attention to the rules than he did.
What's 'hockey'? Isn't that the 'cult' sport from the Eskimos or something? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread