What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst offer you have sent in a dynasty league? (1 Viewer)

Raymell McKigney

Footballguy
Ok lads, time to get deep here and honest with yourself.

We all send low ball feeler offers but when have you had one taken and it turned on its head for you.

Get a load of this one, during the 2011 rookie draft, I traded Arian Foster for a 3rd and two 4ths. All to get Dennis Pitta!!! During this season I traded Adrian Peterson and MSW for Foster and Steve Johnson. Suffice to say I missed the playoffs last year!

I offered Jamaal Charles in 2009 for A-Boldin straight up and when he counted with "throw in 2 2011 4th round picks and its a deal" I hit accept so fast before he came to his senses...then the message board exploded on how I was ripping him off....................needless to say once LJ got waived...........

Couple of REALLY bad deals in my longest running dynasty league last offseason:

* *BlueandGold4ever gave up Harrison, Jerome PHI RB;Austin, Miles DAL WR;Smith, Steve CAR WR

* *Columbus Destroyers gave up Driver, Donald GBP WR;Wallace, Mike PIT WR;White, Roddy ATL WR;Crosby, Mason GBP PK; Year 2010 Draft Pick 4.06

Giving up Roddy and Wallace and getting Austin and Smitty back was a horrid deal...I had Hardesty and wanted Harrison, as he was on the Browns at the time.

* *Columbus Destroyers gave up Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR;Miller, Zach OAK TE

* *Grim Reapers gave up Tate, Golden SEA WR;Finley, Jermichael GBP TE

And for my 3rd top-10 WR that I gave up in the same offseason...I turned my deepest position into my weakest, which eventually cost me the championship I should have won. That and the injuries to Finley, Gore, and Romo, and I was lucky to even make the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is two years ago, and I'm still kicking my self for proposing these deals...

I trade

Fitz, Holmes, and 1st rounder

for Reggie Wayne & 1st rounder (my idea was I would go from 9/10 range to a top 3 pick, the pick was 1.6 and the one I gave up was 1.7

Second Stupid Trade

I traded

Ray Rice

for Kevin Smith (this one still pisses me off...)

These trades killed my chances at a championship... Granted I won my Dyno league this year, and the guy I made the 1st trade with fished dead last.

Now I over analyze ever trade I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of years ago after the first round of a rookie draft, I had taken Rice at 1.06 and traded him straight up for Felix, who was taken at 1.09. Two reasons I did it:

* He had McGahee and I had MBIII

* It's an auction contract league, and Felix was $1.50 cheaper, more cash to use in auction.

Yeah, that worked...

In my Keep 3 league we can only keep players for a few years before you move them or they go back into the pot. As a league, we missed a keeper time for a specific team (he had MJD and was supposed to trade him by week 10 of 2009 and we mis-marked his keeper date/year for 2010. Someone discovered it and we decided it wasn't all the guy's fault, so we gave him two days (in the offseason) to move MJD for something or he goes back into the pool. I was in a situation where I owned ADP and would have to forfeit him after the season or move him by week 10. Not wanting to get stuck with a player who was injured and get pennies on the dollar, I did the following trade:

ADP and Round 4 pick for MJD and Round 2 pick

To make matters worse, I selected Ocho Cinco with the 2nd rounder and he grabbed Mike Williams (TB) with my 4th rounder. I was in first all year but got bounced in the semi-finals. He was the last team in (actually under .500) and he won the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread