What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is up with FBGs Projections? (1 Viewer)

OU#1

Footballguy
Ok FGB enough is enough.

My waivers run Tuesday night/Wednesday morning (1:30am so 11:30pm my time). At the beginning of the season Projections were promised on Tuesdays. Week one that slipped to Wednesday "early morning". I turned a blind eye because it was Week 1, you guys had a decent excuse about it being Week 1, and you needed a week of data to go by (or something along those lines).

So Week two rolls around and on Tuesday I'm looking for projections to help with my waivers but guess what they are late again. The date was promised Tuesday, which then was changed to late Tuesday, which then was changed to early Wednesday morning.

From Week two until today we've been given projections early Wednesday morning. Today this has changed yet again because they weren't there this morning either...

Now It's almost 3pm EST and still no projections. The projections links have been convieniently put with all of the other week 12 articles which I think is extremely unproffessional. If you can't make your own self-imposed deadlines then perhaps it's time to hire some more help?

Now we have three games tomorrow and still no projections. Even CBS is capable of putting out projections and articles ON TIME every week, and they even put them out EARLY when there are Thursday games.

I'm sorry if I expect more from FBGs than this or that I expect more from FGBs than CBS. Perhaps I have too high standards?

I'm sure I'm going to get lambasted for posting my opinion here. Please understand I am paying for a service and I expect that service to be delivered. Please do not give me the lame excuse of "heaven forbid you think for yourself" or "FBGs is just to advise you". We all pay for a subscription, we all deserve to get articles and projections when promised, and we, the customers, should not be the ones being inconvienienced here. FBGs should not be allowed to change when they will provided articles because the deadlines are inconvienient for them. If they are promised "early Wed. morning" then it should be set in stone at that time and delivered on time.

/End Rant

Ok FGB enough is enough.My waivers run Tuesday night/Wednesday morning (1:30am so 11:30pm my time). At the beginning of the season Projections were promised on Tuesdays. Week one that slipped to Wednesday "early morning". I turned a blind eye because it was Week 1, you guys had a decent excuse about it being Week 1, and you needed a week of data to go by (or something along those lines).So Week two rolls around and on Tuesday I'm looking for projections to help with my waivers but guess what they are late again. The date was promised Tuesday, which then was changed to late Tuesday, which then was changed to early Wednesday morning.From Week two until today we've been given projections early Wednesday morning. Today this has changed yet again because they weren't there this morning either...Now It's almost 3pm EST and still no projections. The projections links have been convieniently put with all of the other week 12 articles which I think is extremely unproffessional. If you can't make your own self-imposed deadlines then perhaps it's time to hire some more help?Now we have three games tomorrow and still no projections. Even CBS is capable of putting out projections and articles ON TIME every week, and they even put them out EARLY when there are Thursday games.I'm sorry if I expect more from FBGs than this or that I expect more from FGBs than CBS. Perhaps I have too high standards?I'm sure I'm going to get lambasted for posting my opinion here. Please understand I am paying for a service and I expect that service to be delivered. Please do not give me the lame excuse of "heaven forbid you think for yourself" or "FBGs is just to advise you". We all pay for a subscription, we all deserve to get articles and projections when promised, and we, the customers, should not be the ones being inconvienienced here. FBGs should not be allowed to change when they will provided articles because the deadlines are inconvienient for them. If they are promised "early Wed. morning" then it should be set in stone at that time and delivered on time./End Rant
:thumbup:

Why do people insist on making public, complaints that should be done in emails? Fine, you have a legitmate gripe, have you sent a bunch of emails with no response? Do you return a pair a pants equipped with a megaphone so that you can inform the whole store why you are returning sub-par pants?

Sounds like you have a legitimate grievance. The only problem is, why do I have to know about it.

You speak of unprofessionalism in your rant. IMO, it's equally unprofessional to put voice to your complaints in an open forum.

It's been my experience that the folks here are very responsive to issues relative to the service provided. If you have a problem, reach out to them in private via email or PM or whatever. There's no need to air your dirty laundry in public.

Just my :lmao:

You're not alone. There's been an ongoing discussion here.
I agree with everyone thus far. I also have been hitting refresh all morning and afternoon waiting for the projections to post to the site. Usually they are here. I also agree with the others about posting it in the open forums first rather emailing the site admins. This is my first year with FBG and I love all the content so I am a satisfied customer.

Ok FGB enough is enough.My waivers run Tuesday night/Wednesday morning (1:30am so 11:30pm my time). At the beginning of the season Projections were promised on Tuesdays. Week one that slipped to Wednesday "early morning". I turned a blind eye because it was Week 1, you guys had a decent excuse about it being Week 1, and you needed a week of data to go by (or something along those lines).So Week two rolls around and on Tuesday I'm looking for projections to help with my waivers but guess what they are late again. The date was promised Tuesday, which then was changed to late Tuesday, which then was changed to early Wednesday morning.From Week two until today we've been given projections early Wednesday morning. Today this has changed yet again because they weren't there this morning either...Now It's almost 3pm EST and still no projections. The projections links have been convieniently put with all of the other week 12 articles which I think is extremely unproffessional. If you can't make your own self-imposed deadlines then perhaps it's time to hire some more help?Now we have three games tomorrow and still no projections. Even CBS is capable of putting out projections and articles ON TIME every week, and they even put them out EARLY when there are Thursday games.I'm sorry if I expect more from FBGs than this or that I expect more from FGBs than CBS. Perhaps I have too high standards?I'm sure I'm going to get lambasted for posting my opinion here. Please understand I am paying for a service and I expect that service to be delivered. Please do not give me the lame excuse of "heaven forbid you think for yourself" or "FBGs is just to advise you". We all pay for a subscription, we all deserve to get articles and projections when promised, and we, the customers, should not be the ones being inconvienienced here. FBGs should not be allowed to change when they will provided articles because the deadlines are inconvienient for them. If they are promised "early Wed. morning" then it should be set in stone at that time and delivered on time./End Rant
:goodposting: And I feel the same way, Tuesday-Wednesday (overnight) waivers as well. And for those that state about making it public, well sometimes making it public helps ... definitely if potential people come and read what is going on then perhaps next year they will decide not to subscribe.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of work is put into the projections so I can see them taking awhile to get out, but some some quick and dirty projections on Tuesday afternoon would be nice.

A lot of work is put into the projections so I can see them taking awhile to get out, but some some quick and dirty projections on Tuesday afternoon would be nice.
I agree with you that a lot of work is put in, but that is why there is FINAL projections put out on Friday. I think it would be great to have Tuesday Night before 9EST, not a lot changes between then and Wednesday

:goodposting: And I feel the same way, Tuesday-Wednesday (overnight) waivers as well. And for those that state about making it public, well sometimes making it public helps ... definitely if potential people come and read what is going on then perhaps next year they will decide not to subscribe.
Even more reason to go email first. You're potentially hurting their business when you haven't given them a chance to respond through normal channels. I just think that you should at least send a couple of emails before broadcasting your issue. If you're not getting a response thru normal channels, by all means, this is the way to get their attention.

Even more reason to go email first. You're potentially hurting their business when you haven't given them a chance to respond through normal channels. I just think that you should at least send a couple of emails before broadcasting your issue. If you're not getting a response thru normal channels, by all means, this is the way to get their attention.
But you are forgetting this isn't the first thread about this topic, so this situation here is a little different. It can even be LATE Tuesday night, doesn't matter to me because I'm usually up anyways. Just anytime before those waivers kick in ..

Good posting is right.

Like you said other sites have their projections up much earlier and are FREE. We pay a good amount of money (Compared to other pay sites) and we need the projections on time.

Get it done.

imo, this is a legitimate complaint posted in a legitimate manner. this way the fbg's can see how many people actually disagree with the sliding scheduling thats going on with the weekly projections and such we wait (un)patiently for.

the complaint a few weeks back about not wanting to read the random shots emails? thats was complete bull#### and uncalled for. this is not a customer being lazy about deleting/not reading emails, it is out of our control and imo our concerns in regards to this are definitely a public matter... this isn't just a few lazy people who dont know how to filter emails, this is the whole community not getting what they're being promised.

imo, this is a legitimate complaint posted in a legitimate manner. this way the fbg's can see how many people actually disagree with the sliding scheduling thats going on with the weekly projections and such we wait (un)patiently for.
Agreed, even a very rough version on Tuesday nights would be much appreciated.

Agreed, even a very rough version on Tuesday nights would be much appreciated.
Exactly. It seems to get edited a few times throughout the week anyway. May as well have some sort of projections to look at while they are taking a closer look at who is injured, etc.I know it's Thanksgiving week and everything, so stuff may get released a little different, but this is also effecting people who want to get their line-ups in before they start traveling for Thanksgiving and won't be able to get to a computer before the games tomorrow.

I guess what bothers me more is that there hasn't been a single Mod in here yet to provide any type of response or feedback. I know it has only been 1 1/2 hours since the 1st post, but aren't the Mods supposed to be in these threads, reviewing the content?

From the Shark Pool notes on guidelines for using this forum...

Bottom line -

1. Keep this focused on NFL News and Player Discussion and General Strategy topics.

2. Understand most people in the Shark Pool don't care about your team and keep the focus on stuff that is applicable to all.

3. Be Excellent to One Another

Please handle customer service complaints in a different forum.

I guess what bothers me more is that there hasn't been a single Mod in here yet to provide any type of response or feedback. I know it has only been 1 1/2 hours since the 1st post, but aren't the Mods supposed to be in these threads, reviewing the content?
Maybe if you criticize one of their draft strategies a mod will jump in to defend explain

Don't tell me you use other people's 'projections' 'guesses' to set your lineup.

Here's some real advice: Coach your team.

Bottom line -

1. Keep this focused on NFL News and Player Discussion and General Strategy topics.

2. Understand most people in the Shark Pool don't care about your team and keep the focus on stuff that is applicable to all.

Really? :rolleyes:

Bottom line -

while the rules are there to prevent people from posting about things that are completely unrelated to FF or to FBG's, i feel this issue definitely warrants a post in the most highly populated/traffic'ed part of these here forums... the Shark Pool. this issue has an effect on all of us who actually use the information we're paying for... or maybe i'm just confused on what i'm actually paying for...

Don't tell me you use other people's 'projections' 'guesses' to set your lineup.

Here's some real advice: Coach your team.
Besides the projections, all of the content is posted hours later than it says it will. Half the info from Wed morning still isn't posted. As was stated in the other thread that's being ignored, this helps people make decisions on waivers and such.

If FBG's is looking to save time my advice would be to spend very little time with the top 20-25 players each week and focus on players 25-60. The top 25 guys are usually/always going to be started no matter and I feel there's always a ton of effort put into those players unnecessarily. Whereas the 25-60 range guys are always where the decisions are and it seems like I've gotten burned almost every time this season.

Because this IS something that every subscriber has an interest in, I think it's posted right where it belongs. I have the same complaint. Seems like a lot of others do too. If FBG's want renewal subscriptions, why not address it here rather than hiding it in some other forum that no one goes to? This isn't some dirty laundry thing, why not address it here rather than through umpy-ump private emails?

I so love the site, it's extremely good, but this is IMO a real shortcoming. Early projections would be most welcome, with the understanding that it's all subject to change. three games on Thursday this week.... something should be out by now.

:goodposting: A deadline should mean something when posted; where are Bloom's and Herman's projections? I can cut David some slack because his computer died, but this is a "big business" and there should have been a "backup" of all data prior to any move; standard IT practice. A few hours delay is expected, but not this long ...The projections are used for a reference to make judgments of all kinds; it's one of the most useful components to one's subscription. It's now nearly 5:00 pm EST and there is no response at all ...

I love fbg, but this is a legimate complaint. We pay for the service with certain expectations.

This is not an isolated, or one time issue - it is an ongoing issue

When issues are not resolved, you escalate the complaint.

This board is really the only way subscibers have of doing so.

I've been a subscriber for years and agree that this issue is my biggest frustration with the site - most everything else is pretty excellent. The other thing that is iritating is the non-response from anyone at FBG's so far in this thread. I own 2 buisnesses and reposnding quickly to dissatisfied customers is the most important thing you can do as a business person. I'm pretty shocked actually. They have to know that this thread is is active and growing by the minute. Very strange....

I would agree as well, it's not just a one time thing.

A public forum is the best place to address this, it's on the up and up and everyone has a say.

I can understand a computer/hard drive crash, it sucks but that's what IT guys are for.

I'm not sure how this site is set up as far as support goes but if they need and IT guy, I would be willing to help out.

That said, I would like something before 3 Thursday games, this is dropping the ball, if a fantasy player did this once there would be a venting thread, what's different about this? We are paying them for a service, we don't pay our fantasy team anything, who should be held accountable?

d

It doesn't bother me one bit that this was posted in a public forum and I don't know why some posters are so offended this wasn't put in a private e-mail. Even though we have until gametime on Sunday to make our decisions, it is extremely frustrating when the projections aren't on time. I deliberate about my starters from the time the projection come out until Sunday. Sometime the decision is easier than other times, but posting the projections ON TIME would really help alot.

I agree 100% with the original poster. I've been a subscriber for many years and this year has been the absolute worst in terms of FBG's posting their articles and data in a timely manner. Projections and cheatsheets used to appear on Tuesdays. This year we're lucky to see them by Wednesday afternoon. My subscription expires after this season and I doubt I will renew it unless something changes soon.

I have emailed in 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007 with no responses on this same issue. I stopped and just take it now. Good post.

If your Tuesday morning newspaper started hitting your driveway at 12 p.m., then 3 p.m., then 6 p.m., and then eventually the next day, wouldn't you be upset? No difference here. We're paying a premium for a publication--a premium that's more expensive than most magazines and on par with the cost of newspapers, when you consider we're paying for content that comes for only part of the year. Unlike newspapers, this is digitally delivered, so you can rule out delays caused by traffic, or broken-down trucks, or what have you.

The other thing that is iritating is the non-response from anyone at FBG's so far in this thread. I own 2 buisnesses and reposnding quickly to dissatisfied customers is the most important thing you can do as a business person. I'm pretty shocked actually. They have to know that this thread is is active and growing by the minute. Very strange....
Dodds would be the right one to chime in here, but he's occupied with trying to get content up on the site.I'm not sure what the rest of the staff can add except that we're sorry for missing our deadlines, we're not trying to make excuses, we appreciate your business, and we'll try to do better in the future. We do understand that people expect stuff to be delivered on time, and that it's frustrating when it isn't.Dodds cares a ton about providing a great product with great customer service, so I know he's scrambling to get the projections posted as quickly as he can, and he's more disappointed than anybody about making people wait.

From the week 12 content page, posted on Monday:

Monday, November 23rd

Note: My computer's hard drive crashed in my move this weekend. Simple tasks like the stats are now tough tasks as I rebuild a lot of the programs. Stats will appear in full on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay in getting content out. I should be close to 100% recovered late tonight. David
It seems to me that mr. Dodds pre-apologized for delays this week...Wassup, none of all you folks complaining never had a hard drive crash before? i'm sure that it was high up on FBG's list to be late with projections this week. they planned it and everything, right? (sarcasm)

chill out, the content here is outstanding. some delays during a 17 week season are to be expected in a real-time biz like this, imo.

Tex Goldstein said:
It seems to me that mr. Dodds pre-apologized for delays this week...Wassup, none of all you folks complaining never had a hard drive crash before? chill out, the content here is outstanding. some delays during a 17 week season are to be expected in a real-time biz like this, imo.
First off, it's not just "this week." Second, for what the subscriptions cost, a publisher needs to have a backup plan in case if a hard drive crash does occur. Sorry, but that's basic business.Finally, no one here is questioning the quality of the content itself. Perhaps if the quality wasn't so good, no one would care to complain. The fact that that the quality is good means that people want it in time to help with potential lineup/trade/waiver decisions, many of which occur far earlier than Wednesday night.

Tex Goldstein said:
It seems to me that mr. Dodds pre-apologized for delays this week...Wassup, none of all you folks complaining never had a hard drive crash before?
From what people are saying this has been going on all season. Most people's waiver wires run early Wednesday mornings (some around 1 am est.), and if they like to see some type of FBG projections before the waiver wire runs, they are screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread