What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

Tried a can of both Alien Church and Punge by Tired Hands tonight from Wednesdays release. The Alien Church was good, the Punge was REALLY good. Ive now tried 4 TH beers, and all of them were delicious (Hop Hands and Waiting for the Bloom were the other two).

Two of my sisters-in-law live in Chicago.  When they each moved out there maybe 3 years ago, my now mother-in-law asked me what beers I liked and would recommend out there for when she would go visit.  I recommended Daisy Cutter.  They found it on tap on that trip and she loved it.

MIL and FIL went out to Chicago for Easter weekend and brought me back 3 4-packs of Daisy Cutter, unannounced.  Could be worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surly Xtra Citra. One of the better session ales I have had and 7.99 a four pack. Perfect for summer. Wish I didn't put that 4 pack of Vallejo back. The rest of my fridge is 8% and up. 

Goose Island Endless IPA was just launched in Ontario. It's okay, there a lot of better "session" IPA's out there though. My least favourite beer from Goose Island so far.

Had 2 Stone Enjoy By IPAs on Saturday along with 2 Bells Oberons

The Stone IPAs pack a punch at 9.4 abv while tasting pretty darn good.

Oberon is one of my favorite brews, but found that I enjoy them more out of the bottle than through draft, which is contrary to what I typically like.  Bartender at my local watering hole said that they rotate taps enough to where the taste could potentially be slightly "off".  One of the downsides of going to a joint that rotates taps a lot.

Tonight, shall have some crafty stuff, TBD, while watching the hoops game.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my KBS today.  Three 4-packs -- could've been more but I didn't want to take 1/2 day off.  My go to place tweeted out a little after 9:00 that the truck had arrived, so I dropped everything, took an early lunch, and hit two liquor stores and whole foods in a row (limit 1 @ each).  Also grabbed sixers of Rise of the Angels and Ed PA from 18th Street, along with assorted other goodies.

Nothing yet but picked up some nice hoppy treats for a possible midweek snack:

Pipeworks Citra vs Mandarina IIPA with citra and mandarina

Mikerphone Disco Superfly double pale ale with Nelson and simcoe

Lizard King

Vallejo

Mikerphone in the freezer. 

So, I'm a little bummed about my KBS hunting, as I wasn't able to secure as much as I wanted, but have a pretty cool story. 

So, my wife and I get a place to hold a total of 4 KBS for us to pick up the following night. My wife says to me she knows where the place is and she will go at night after she gets out of work as it's only a few minutes away from her. Wife goes to said place to pick our treasure up and they have no idea what she is talking about. She starts pleading with the female bartender who asks her what it is again. There's a guy sitting at the bar and he says to the female bartender real patronizing KKKKKKK.....BBBBBBB.....SSSSSSSSSS....FOUNDERSSSSS. the bartender gives him a snotty look and continues trying to find out what my wife is talking about while the guy at the bar gets up and leaves.

Turns out my wife is at the wrong place :mellow:  As she's getting ready to leave to now go to the RIGHT place, the guy who was sitting at the bar and being a wise guy to the bartender walks in carrying the 4 below beers:

Founders KBS and a Prairie BOMB!, plus:

Avery Brewing Mephistopheles' Stout

2013 BCBS 

Turns out the guy sitting at the bar was the boyfriend of the bartender and their condo was above the bar where he has his beer cellar. He said to my wife, give these to your husband and tell him to enjoy them and pay it forward. Wouldn't except any cash for them, and said he appreciates a fellow stout drinker. The bartender said let him do it as he has far too many beers cluttering their place.

So, all in all we scored:

6 Founders KBS

2013 BCBS

Avery Mephistopheles Stout

Prairie BOMB!

wife also got me:

2 Wicked Weed Dark Age Bourbon Stout

Nothing yet but picked up some nice hoppy treats for a possible midweek snack:

Pipeworks Citra vs Mandarina IIPA with citra and mandarina

Mikerphone Disco Superfly double pale ale with Nelson and simcoe

Lizard King

Vallejo

Mikerphone in the freezer. 
Let me know how the Miker and PW are. Thank you!

steelerfan1 said:
So, I'm a little bummed about my KBS hunting, as I wasn't able to secure as much as I wanted, but have a pretty cool story. 

So, my wife and I get a place to hold a total of 4 KBS for us to pick up the following night. My wife says to me she knows where the place is and she will go at night after she gets out of work as it's only a few minutes away from her. Wife goes to said place to pick our treasure up and they have no idea what she is talking about. She starts pleading with the female bartender who asks her what it is again. There's a guy sitting at the bar and he says to the female bartender real patronizing KKKKKKK.....BBBBBBB.....SSSSSSSSSS....FOUNDERSSSSS. the bartender gives him a snotty look and continues trying to find out what my wife is talking about while the guy at the bar gets up and leaves.

Turns out my wife is at the wrong place :mellow:  As she's getting ready to leave to now go to the RIGHT place, the guy who was sitting at the bar and being a wise guy to the bartender walks in carrying the 4 below beers:

Founders KBS and a Prairie BOMB!, plus:

Avery Brewing Mephistopheles' Stout

2013 BCBS 

Turns out the guy sitting at the bar was the boyfriend of the bartender and their condo was above the bar where he has his beer cellar. He said to my wife, give these to your husband and tell him to enjoy them and pay it forward. Wouldn't except any cash for them, and said he appreciates a fellow stout drinker. The bartender said let him do it as he has far too many beers cluttering their place.

So, all in all we scored:

6 Founders KBS

2013 BCBS

Avery Mephistopheles Stout

Prairie BOMB!

wife also got me:

2 Wicked Weed Dark Age Bourbon Stout
Good for you!

steelerfan1 said:

:thumbup:

Yes, super nice of him. Got his contact info. Turns out he hasn't tried a Pirate BOMB! and I have 1 left, so we're going to get together for a beer night soon, so if you dont see me posting anymore, something went South...

Also just picked up a local triple c brewing the dude imbibes coffee stout aged in bourbon barrels. Just cracked it...
And.....how is it? 

I've pretty much come to live off of Sierra Nevada 12 packs. $13.99 and every damn thing they make is delicious. Lately, I've just been plowing through the 4-Way IPA sampler and the Beer Camp Tropical IPA's. I'd be down with the Tropical IPA or Five Hop Experimental IPA going year round (though I don't see it happening).

They've pretty much cornered the market on a consumer like me, that wants good beer, but isn't going to fool with bottle shops or regularly pay $13+ a 6-pack. I keep a separate fridge that's now essentially devoted to everything Sierra Nevada is selling that I see in the store that's less than about 6 weeks old. Well, that and Coors Banquet for Sundays. 
:thumbup:

Going to Tinley Park Brew and Vine fest. Not a lot of heavy hitters but Goose, Half Acre, Lagunitas, and Stone will be there. The rest are little local places which is pretty cool. 

Expectations are tempered but am hoping to find some gems. 

Going to Tinley Park Brew and Vine fest. Not a lot of heavy hitters but Goose, Half Acre, Lagunitas, and Stone will be there. The rest are little local places which is pretty cool. 

Expectations are tempered but am hoping to find some gems. 
Sounds like fun. BTW can't get Mikkerphone at my local shop, said they don't have enough product yet because he's asked them multiple times to carry their beer. I did pick up some Alarmist Brewing  Entrenched IPA, good not great worth a try if you can find it.

PAA Brett Ç.  Be a rough day in the CdL house when these are gone.  Hopefully they brew it again.  LOVE this beer.  Might be my favorite Prairie beer -- and that's saying something.

Users who are viewing this thread