What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

not today but tomorrow I'll be heading up to Russian River to enjoy some pliny the younger for the first time. I know triple's aren't as special these days but seeing as it's a 30 minute car ride up to the brewery I figure I better do it in case I never move back up here.

So far pliny the younger x 2, Pliny the elder and samplers of salvation, sanctification, supplication and consecration. Been inside for 30 minutes :cry:
How is Younger? Live up to the hype (almost impossible given the levels probably)? Never had it, obviously, and prolly never will living in the Midwest, but I'm a huge fan of Elder and a guy can dream.

Costco had a case of Stone All IPA, 6 pack of Pataskala X, Delicious IPA, Ruination and Hop Revolver. 32.99. Couldn't pass it up.

Costco had a case of Stone All IPA, 6 pack of Pataskala X, Delicious IPA, Ruination and Hop Revolver. 32.99. Couldn't pass it up.
Yeah, saw that here too. Still doing the diet thing so passed -- but just couldn't resist a Brett / peach sour from FF. And damn glad I didn't.

I ran out of Burning River and now I'm drinking Dortmunder. The problem with Dortmunder is it goes down so smoothly I always end up drinking too much too fast.

Last night a bunch of Hailstorm:

Growler of Cirrus 

Vlad Second Order of the Dragon Coffee BBA stout (great coffee stout, lacking on the barrel)

Banaba

Makatea

Cirrus worth the 1.5 behind the wheel?
That growler stood no chance last night. It was delicious. Especially for $13. I don't know if I'd drive that long for it when you have Noon Whistle right there. 

How much are growlers at NW?

Also - they had grapefruit Banaba and strawberry-kiwi Makatea. I would at least give the Banaba a shot if I drove down. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Need suggestions for Columbus, OH -- be there for work from Wed night through Saturday. Anything to lookout for or any must-try breweries?

That growler stood no chance last night. It was delicious. Especially for $13. I don't know if I'd drive that long for it when you have Noon Whistle right there. 

How much are growlers at NW?

Also - they had grapefruit Banaba and strawberry-kiwi Makatea. I would at least give the Banaba a shot if I drove down. 
Depends on the beer, refills can be anywhere from 13-24. If you join their growler of the month club you get either 2 for 26 or 3 for 36 per month of anything they have on tap. Can be used anytime throughout the month.

At my favorite local bar / restaurant this week -- not a bad tap list:

Snout & Stout Week at Stacks Starting Feburary 21st.

Hog influenced features paired with amazing stouts on draft.

Tap List: (While they Last)

HaandBryggeriet Odin's Tipple
To Øl Goliat
Clown Shoes Undead Party Crasher
18th Street Imperial Blud
Oskar Blues Barrel Aged Ten Fidy
Hoppin’ Frog Infusion A
Prairie Bomb!
Three Floyds Crack the Skye
Lagunitas High West-ified
New Belgium Clutch Sour Stout

In the Hoof Hearted brewpub drinking flights -- IMO very good, but not quite living up to the hype. I'd buy / drink it if it were available, but not worth standing in line for or trading $4$ with the big guns in the NEIPA world.

The release of Heist's Cataclysm Russian imperial stout aged in Whistle Pig and Jefferson Rye barrels is tomorrow.  They are charging $100 for 2 750ml and 1 500ml bottle.  I have no doubt this will be delicious but can't swing it.  I'm wondering if I could sell 2 of the bottles and keep 1 and come out even. 

Cataclysm Release

The release of Heist's Cataclysm Russian imperial stout aged in Whistle Pig and Jefferson Rye barrels is tomorrow.  They are charging $100 for 2 750ml and 1 500ml bottle.  I have no doubt this will be delicious but can't swing it.  I'm wondering if I could sell 2 of the bottles and keep 1 and come out even. 

Cataclysm Release
Bargain!

Brickstone Galaxy Down Under hopped with...well, galaxy. 

Not a speck (not sure what units of measurement to use) of haze to be found. As a matter of fact, it's strikingly clear and delicious!

Brickstone Galaxy Down Under hopped with...well, galaxy. 

Not a speck (not sure what units of measurement to use) of haze to be found. As a matter of fact, it's strikingly clear and delicious!
Big fan of Brickstone, I'll have to look for this. Still working my way through that case of Stone IPAs....it's a chore but I'm up for the task!

Upland Persimmon sour...amazing

Cage Brewing Mango Bob's IPA...delicious

Cage Brewing Ro Sham Bo IPA...Tasty as hell

Funky Buddha Last Snow...incredible 

Just scored a couple bombers of Toppling Goliath Mosaic Dry hopped Pseudo Sue..saving them for tomorrow and Sunday...I've had enough tonight. 

:banned:

I've recently discovered a style of beer that I am really liking a lot. Irish Red.  It's smoothe and slightly malty.  A bit creamy.  Very tasty.  

I think I've always had a bad view of Red ales because of a bad experience with Killians when I was much younger.  But these Irish Reds... I really like.  

The first I tried an Irish red I was traveling in the LA area staying at a hotel near the airport.  The bar had Karl Strauss Red Trolly Ale.  I was really surprised and impressed.  

I returned to southern CA for work again and stayed near a BJ's Brewhouse.  It's a chain.  I wasn't expecting anything great.  But they had an Irish Red called Jeremiah Red and it was really awesome too. I drank there every night and had either Jeremiah Red or their Oktoberfest... which was also very tasty.  I stayed near the airport again and had more Karl Strauss before I left.

I also found a Magic Hat Irish Red that I liked called Bob's First Ale.  I liked it a lot too. 

I've recently discovered a style of beer that I am really liking a lot. Irish Red.  It's smoothe and slightly malty.  A bit creamy.  Very tasty.  

I think I've always had a bad view of Red ales because of a bad experience with Killians when I was much younger.  But these Irish Reds... I really like.  

The first I tried an Irish red I was traveling in the LA area staying at a hotel near the airport.  The bar had Karl Strauss Red Trolly Ale.  I was really surprised and impressed.  

I returned to southern CA for work again and stayed near a BJ's Brewhouse.  It's a chain.  I wasn't expecting anything great.  But they had an Irish Red called Jeremiah Red and it was really awesome too. I drank there every night and had either Jeremiah Red or their Oktoberfest... which was also very tasty.  I stayed near the airport again and had more Karl Strauss before I left.

I also found a Magic Hat Irish Red that I liked called Bob's First Ale.  I liked it a lot too. 
I'm generally not a fan of red ales (also due to a Killian's night gone wrong) but I have an Irish Red on tap at work that kind of got me to appreciate the style again.  It's Beau's Strong Patrick.  Tasty stuff.

Heading home tonight -- bringing some Bodhi with me. It's really effing good, as were Thunderlips and CBC IPA. Also enjoyed the Wolf's Ridge beers that I tried.

So I was looking for packing material for a trade earlier today in my garage and I came across a 16oz can of Tin Man Brewing's Weld (rhubarb sour ale from their seasonal sour series). I got it as a trade extra back in December and never noticed it in the box...lol...so I'm drinking it now, and man, what a great sour. Tart on the front end, TONS of rhubarb and a nice sweetness at the end for balance. I wish I could get more of this. Anyone near Evensville IN that likes sours should seek it out...and then send me some. Lol

Heading home tonight -- bringing some Bodhi with me. It's really effing good, as were Thunderlips and CBC IPA. Also enjoyed the Wolf's Ridge beers that I tried.
Bodhi has eluded me, but I've heard for years that it's top notch and one of Ohios best. I was wondering if you made it over to CBC.

Users who are viewing this thread