What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What player did you want your team to pick.. (1 Viewer)

AZ- Thomas` going earlier than we thought hurt. I assume they tried to trade down 3 or 4 spots but couldn't. I like Levi at that spot.

MN- AD is a stud. left side of the O-line will open up huge holes for him. Just wonder if any of the Vikes opponents ever think about playing the pass. Brady Quinn 2 or 3 years from now will tell us if we blew this one.

I wanted Peterson on the Texans, but considering the Ginn pick that obviously wasnt going to happen after the Schaub trade.

I wanted neither Quinn nor Ginn. I really think they should have traded down. I just dont see the need for a WR at #9 when they dont have a QB to throw it. But I'm not a fan of Quinn's. He didnt play well against quality teams at ND, and in the NFL, every week will be even tougher.

Wanted the HOU-DEN trade to happen so we could get another pick or two....

Picking ANOTHER project defensive lineman is horrible. HOU + DL = DET + WR

:goodposting:

lions - nobody :confused:

falcons- like the pick, they needed DL. I kinda wanted the 19 yr old kid, but at the sdame position I'll trust his college coach on this one.

Both: wish they had traded in the middle of the first round and snagged Leon Hall. He is sick.

Falcons - Levi Brown & Laron Landry but happy with the Anderson pick as he fills a big need.

For the Giants, I think I'd have preferred Staley or Branch, but with their free falls thus far maybe they get one of them anyway...

Detroit - I like the Calvin pick. I just wonder what the hell we were doing in FA this season. The only significant defensive acquisitions the Lions made were Dewayne White and Travis Fisher, who are inferior replacements to James Hall and Dre Bly. It was all offense, offense, offense, and now we add more offense. I would be STUNNED if there's a defense anywhere near as bad as Detroit's in 2008. We might as well go QB in round 2 since we're not going to compete until 2010 at the earliest.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to wait to assess the Dolphins draft. I was one that wasn't sold on Quinn going into the draft but figured he has to be better than Lemon and one-legged Culpepper. Obviously getting Trent Green would stabilize the position for a year or two.

The club seems to love Edwards from Stanford. If they move up and land him, then they got the QB for the future...

Onto Ginn... I have to admit I was floored. I didn't see it coming whatsoever... I don't believe he is much of a route-runner and at times he seemed to disappear during his collegiate days...

That said, he brings something the Dolphins need badly and that is the ability to stretch the field. He will force defenses to respect the deep ball, his explosive quickness will make him an option in screens and slants and he is a gifted returner...

May ultimately develop into a decent pick... We'll see...

Personally I was hoping for Okoye from Louisville...

Hipple said:
Both: wish they had traded in the middle of the first round and snagged Leon Hall. He is sick.
Notice how most people wanted their team to trade down? It's easy to say that, but you have to actually find someone willing to move up to that position to make it happen :banned:

Skins fan...

We drafted Landry...but I wanted Okoye.

Landry isnt' going to solve the Redskins' inability to create a pass rush, sack the QB, stop the run or force turnovers.

Landry is the 3rd straight 1st rounder used on a d-back for the Skins. (Carlos Rogers & Sean Taylor) That being said, the Skins haven't taken a DE or DT with a first round pick since Kenard Lang 10 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted Broncos to sit tight and take Branch. Or at least not give up a bunch of picks to take a DE they could've had at their original spot.

So the Fins went WR/QB and went Ginn/Beck.

Could've gone QB/WR and had Quinn/Jarrett or Smith or Rice.

Ugh.

We need to wait to assess the Dolphins draft. I was one that wasn't sold on Quinn going into the draft but figured he has to be better than Lemon and one-legged Culpepper. Obviously getting Trent Green would stabilize the position for a year or two.The club seems to love Edwards from Stanford. If they move up and land him, then they got the QB for the future...Onto Ginn... I have to admit I was floored. I didn't see it coming whatsoever... I don't believe he is much of a route-runner and at times he seemed to disappear during his collegiate days...That said, he brings something the Dolphins need badly and that is the ability to stretch the field. He will force defenses to respect the deep ball, his explosive quickness will make him an option in screens and slants and he is a gifted returner...May ultimately develop into a decent pick... We'll see... Personally I was hoping for Okoye from Louisville...
Good posting Chris.I'm not a MIA fan but am a huge Cameron fan and I'm curious if all MIA fans are really that adament that Quinn/Rice(or Jarrett) would have been a better duo than Ginn/Beck? I guess a lot depends on how big the gap is between Quinn and Beck. I for one don't think the gap is that big and based on where they were drafted I'm not so sure that a lot of NFL teams beleives there's a big disparity either.

I wanted the Giants to trade down (the same deal that DAL wound up doing with CLE). If not, then I wanted either Staley or Posluszny in the first and a CB in the 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread