What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What site do you use to manage your league? (1 Viewer)

Billy Bats

Footballguy
As most of you know who use CBS, they have overhauled their site yet again. Commissioner tools are all over the place, once easy to find user options are now buried in random places, and worst of all they absolutely ruined the team lineup page. They went from the simplistic drop down menus to this new fangled drag and drop that I've seen other places. It's a train wreck of epic proportions. I am co-commish and have no problem learning new commissioner tools, but when 10 other people in the league are bothering me about the website's functionality, well it's already been a pain in the ### and the season hasn't even started yet.

So please share the site that you use and it's pros/cons. And if you have left CBS and have found something similar.

TIA and feel free to rip me for using CBS in the first place. But it's all we've known for almost 10 years and it's hard to get guys to change. It's time.

As a side note, for those who don't like the CBS new layout of the lineup page, the mobile app is much easier to use, as it still contains the drop down menus. Pretty sad that the mobile site is more user friendly than the real website.

I've only ever used Yahoo and ESPN, now only ESPN.

I have no idea what CBS or other sites offer that's worth paying for, but I can't think of anything that ESPN doesn't offer that I'd want to pay for.

Custom rules, keeper leagues, auction leagues, free-agent auction budgets, solid layouts. All for free.

I've only ever used Yahoo and ESPN, now only ESPN. I have no idea what CBS or other sites offer that's worth paying for, but I can't think of anything that ESPN doesn't offer that I'd want to pay for.Custom rules, keeper leagues, auction leagues, free-agent auction budgets, solid layouts. All for free.
Thanks for the reply. We don't have any out of the ordinary rules, basic h2h points league. Can you customize your schedule and pickup process on ESPN?

I've only just learned about this site and haven't used it, but I heard onroto.com is quite good. They have a demo league to try out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only ever used Yahoo and ESPN, now only ESPN. I have no idea what CBS or other sites offer that's worth paying for, but I can't think of anything that ESPN doesn't offer that I'd want to pay for.Custom rules, keeper leagues, auction leagues, free-agent auction budgets, solid layouts. All for free.
Thanks for the reply. We don't have any out of the ordinary rules, basic h2h points league. Can you customize your schedule and pickup process on ESPN?
I haven't played in a H2H for baseball, but you can customize schedules in other sports, so I'm sure you can for baseball too.They offer a good number of options for the Free-agent process. You can do "waivers", "no waivers", or a "free-agent auction". With waivers and auction, you can select which days of the week they process. You can process them every day if you like (we do a daily auction). For auctions, you can also set whatever budget and minimum bid you want.

Bump this to the top. We are entering the 2nd year of an AL only auction league and are potentially looking to move from Yahoo. Entry fee was only $40 last year to get us started and we are a little leery of moving to CBS and having nearly half of our payment go to the website instead of the free service from Yahoo. Many people just aren't happy with Yahoo.

Any other sites people use? Also, how is ESPN? I haven't used them in years.

Bump this to the top. We are entering the 2nd year of an AL only auction league and are potentially looking to move from Yahoo. Entry fee was only $40 last year to get us started and we are a little leery of moving to CBS and having nearly half of our payment go to the website instead of the free service from Yahoo. Many people just aren't happy with Yahoo. Any other sites people use? Also, how is ESPN? I haven't used them in years.
What, in particular, do they not like about Yahoo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yahoo messed up their league message boards this year. I cannot post from my phone or from a PC. I can only communicate with the other managers through e-mail. If Yahoo does not fix this bug in February, then I will be forced to go elsewhere. We all like Yahoo but, as league commissioner, if I cannot post on the board we are going to have problems.

I heard ESPN leagues do not allow commissioners to create schedules. That is a major problem for me.

Where else can I go to run our auction keeper league and be able to create a full schedule?

Yahoo messed up their league message boards this year. I cannot post from my phone or from a PC. I can only communicate with the other managers through e-mail. If Yahoo does not fix this bug in February, then I will be forced to go elsewhere. We all like Yahoo but, as league commissioner, if I cannot post on the board we are going to have problems.I heard ESPN leagues do not allow commissioners to create schedules. That is a major problem for me. Where else can I go to run our auction keeper league and be able to create a full schedule?
Not sure about the schedule which appears to be a hangup for you but I would check outReal Time Fantasy Sportsandonroto.com

Thanks.

onroto is a pay site. Not a problem for me and some others, but a few guys would not want to play for money.

Will check out RTFS.

'Mentos said:
Thanks.onroto is a pay site. Not a problem for me and some others, but a few guys would not want to play for money.Will check out RTFS.
RTS is also a pay siteIf you are looking for a free site, I think the choices are Yahoo or ESPN - there may well be others but I am not familiar with them since I don't use them

The main problem with Yahoo, we play in a daily hth and have a first come first serve free agency. These players we not available to pick up until early am next day (6am est). This left a disadvantage for the other owners in other time zones. ESPN will let you lock in the transactions but will put them your roster next day. That works better for us. If that is not an issue for you than I had no other problems using Yahoo personally. I don't care for signing in repeatedly in espn to view messages etc. I guess if it's free,you get what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread