What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What the heck are the good people of Georgia doing!!! (1 Viewer)

I don't know how to talk about this Q stuff in a similarly respectful manner.  It's not very interesting to me for the same reason that "the earth is flat" and "the moon landing was fake" aren't very interesting to discuss, so I mostly just tune it out.  But how do you do that when you're talking about an elected official who openly traffics in this sort of thing?
Spot on and exactly the point of my op.  This whole thing was easy to laugh off and ignore when it was a forum-based conspiracy theory.  But it’s now infiltrated our government on a very real level. Someone who is going to be implementing policies and supposed to be, in theory, entering the office to work in good faith with their fellow congressman honestly believes in some of the most wildly outlandish conspiracy theories about the government. That should scare the hell out of anybody paying attention.  

Q is slowly slipping into the mainstream. Trump congratulated this woman from Georgia via Twitter. There are 32 candidates in upcoming State or National elections that expressed support for Q. Fox News runs commercials selling a Trump bear with Q references. I don't think it can be ignored. 

Q is slowly slipping into the mainstream. Trump congratulated this woman from Georgia via Twitter. There are 32 candidates in upcoming State or National elections that expressed support for Q. Fox News runs commercials selling a Trump bear with Q references. I don't think it can be ignored. 
but some want to limit carbon emissions. those two positions are obviously equidistant from the center

Spot on and exactly the point of my op.  This whole thing was easy to laugh off and ignore when it was a forum-based conspiracy theory.  But it’s now infiltrated our government on a very real level. Someone who is going to be implementing policies and supposed to be, in theory, entering the office to work in good faith with their fellow congressman honestly believes in some of the most wildly outlandish conspiracy theories about the government. That should scare the hell out of anybody paying attention.  
Exactly the opposite; this isn’t surprising to folks who have been paying attention. 

I almost completely agree with this, with one slight addition...  yes they are slaves to their parties but their parties are slaves to big money and lobbyists. And that’s where I’m disappointed me the most in our government.  Principled people are almost nonexistent in our government today
At the top levels this is probably true but the rank and file is loaded with dedicated, tireless, and talented civil servants who kick butt on a daily basis.

At the top levels this is probably true but the rank and file is loaded with dedicated, tireless, and talented civil servants who kick butt on a daily basis.
Agreed.  I am/was defiantly casting a wide net there. I do know that a lot of people enter the political field due to strong personal beliefs or a desire to serve. 

Just following their leader. 

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

30m

@FoxNews

is not watchable during weekend afternoons. It is worse than Fake News

@CNN

. I strongly suggest turning your dial to

@OANN

. They do a really “Fair & Balanced” job!

It is seriously mind boggling.  These are the same conservatives that also want to talk about the extremists on the left.   Where has the middle gone?

I believe the term you are looking for is "mind bottling".

Also, this isn't even the worst of them.  We have white supremacist Steve Bannon and these other folks.

NC House candidate is under fire for posts some call sympathetic to white nationalists

In 2017 Cawthorn posted pictures on Instagram of a trip with his brother to Adolf Hitler’s German mountain retreat. He said the trip to the Eagle’s Nest “has been on my bucket list for years. And it did not disappoint.” The posts, now gone viral, were reportedly taken down on Monday.

An article Monday in Jezebel, a feminist blog, raised questions about Cawthorn’s ties to symbols associated with white nationalism.

Cawthorn was not available for comment, according to spokeswoman Angela Nicholas. On Facebook he posted a defense of the German visit with a photo of Allied troops at the Eagle’s Nest.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/rnc-2020/article244872697.html#storylink=cpy
Missouri state GOP candidate as a radio host once said ‘Hitler was right’

A Republican running for the Missouri state House has a history of making anti-Semitic, racist and homophobic comments online, including saying “Hitler was right” about who was “behind” the events taking place in Germany before World War II, according to a new report.
and from Fox News

Nazis and anti-Semites slip through GOP primaries, causing headaches for party

So to republicans healthcare for themselves and other Americans is "radical" however they allow "people" like this in their party.  

I believe the term you are looking for is "mind bottling".
The term is "mind boggling" - mind bottling is a common error on of the term though - Link to Explanation

From the link:

It is very difficult not to laugh when you hear someone say something was "mind-bottling." Will Ferrell gives a great explanation for this error in the film Blades of Glory: "You know when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle?" Of course, what people mean to say is that something was so overwhelming, it was mind-boggling. The verb to boggle, a great term that is no longer very common in everyday conversation, means "to overwhelm or bewilder." Mind-boggling occurs when a mind is overwhelmed; mind-bottling occurs when friends aren't kind enough to correct other friends on their improper use of common English phrases.

One thing that is striking to me is that it seems as though politics has become so toxic that the majority of regular/centrist folks don't want to even bother running. 
I did some work with a nonprofit organization in 2018, and a guy on the board ran in the Republican primary for state house against the incumbents. He lost but did a respectable job. Nice guy, running to strengthen schools, mostly boilerplate pre-Trump GOP platform. I asked him if he was going to try again in 2020 and he said he wasn’t sure. I asked him if he went to the Legislative District meetings and he said he did for a while but they turned into hate-fests so he stopped. Just looked him up as I’m typing this and he didn’t run again, but he IS distributing Arizona Republicans for Biden yard signs!

Similarly in my Legislative District, our moderate GOP State Senator was primaried by our lunatic conspiracy theorist House rep who vacated her seat just to run against her. The lunatic won, and it’s clear the moderates stopped going to their LD meetings too for the same reason. The base is hardening here but it’s also shrinking.

But it’s now infiltrated our government on a very real level. Someone who is going to be implementing policies and supposed to be, in theory, entering the office to work in good faith with their fellow congressman honestly believes in some of the most wildly outlandish conspiracy theories about the government.
From a policy perspective, do you think she is going to vote any differently than the person she is replacing?

From a policy perspective, do you think she is going to vote any differently than the person she is replacing?
Good question, thought it’s virtually impossible to answer right now.  But it’s reasonable imo to worry her conspiracy theory beliefs will influence her vote. 

Not that anyone cares, but this might push me to vote for Biden.

I've voted "3rd Party" for the past 4 presidential elections, but I just can't contribute to another 4 years of Trump (by "wasting" my vote).  He is an embarrassment to humanity and although I don't think the alternative will be different in any "real" way (both sides are bought and paid for already) at least it won't endorse the further divide that Trump seems married to.

Not that anyone cares, but this might push me to vote for Biden.

I've voted "3rd Party" for the past 4 presidential elections, but I just can't contribute to another 4 years of Trump (by "wasting" my vote).  He is an embarrassment to humanity and although I don't think the alternative will be different in any "real" way (both sides are bought and paid for already) at least it won't endorse the further divide that Trump seems married to.
I agree but could see a back and forth argument on this.  I'm one who is dissatisfied with the current 2-party monopoly going on and think it helps when folks vote 3rd party (even if it's just a little).  On the flip-side this is the first election I can remember where I feel a message needs to be sent and a total repudiation of a movement needs to happen.  I think it's important that generic conservatives who vote for Trump realize what a mistake he's been and don't allow it to continue beyond 2020.  A huge EC loss and losing the Senate would probably do it.

I agree but could see a back and forth argument on this.  I'm one who is dissatisfied with the current 2-party monopoly going on and think it helps when folks vote 3rd party (even if it's just a little).  On the flip-side this is the first election I can remember where I feel a message needs to be sent and a total repudiation of a movement needs to happen.  I think it's important that generic conservatives who vote for Trump realize what a mistake he's been and don't allow it to continue beyond 2020.  A huge EC loss and losing the Senate would probably do it.
I keep saying this. Trump doesn't need to lose. He needs to lose big. People who enabled him need to lose. It is terrible for the country if his influence on the GOP continues.

Taylor-Green's opponent has suddenly and mysteriously dropped out of the race. He offered no explanation aside from "personal and family reasons."

Taylor-Green's opponent has suddenly and mysteriously dropped out of the race. He offered no explanation aside from "personal and family reasons."
There was also a bit about his life taking him elsewhere so he wouldn’t be eligible to serve that district. Not real clear though. 

The absurdity of all this just shows the state of American politics today.  If you aren’t sad and very concerned you aren’t paying attention.  

Users who are viewing this thread