What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What the hell happened to Yahoo? (1 Viewer)

yahoo cribbage went down the winter and killed the fbg tournament. everyone was required to upgrade flash or adobe or something and no one could pull it off.

Yahoo may not be the best, but I like that they don't have tons of

- click this to continue

- lists disguised as really slow slideshows

- instant playing video

Yahoo's trending now is pretty sad though. Every week they sucker me in to see what's new with Scarlett Johanson and there's absolutely no news there ( or pics for ####'s sake)

Payne said:
Gotta love the "______ is still around?" or the "People still use ______?" guy. Never gets old.
Those people are complete tools. Yes, ####wad, people still use Yahoo, read newspapers, get mail and listen to CDs.

Yahoo has made a number (40) acquisitions or investments over the past few years. They are making a killing off the Alibaba IPO - cashing in a bunch of shares for $8B while they still own another 16% of the company. Maybe with all this cash they can reinvent themselves? They also own Tumblr.

Autumn Wind said:
greenroom said:
Have seen the new SI.com. what a mess
SI has set a new benchmark for terrible redesigns. Never mind the confusing layout, the text itself is hardly legible.
:goodposting: i cannot figure out the sudden infatuation with the oswald style google web font. There are a few other similar ones like Iwan Reschniev, but no matter what they call it the whole concept of that font family is atrocious. It's all over the web right now, i just hope my competitors fall prey to whatever demon is spawning it on to the web design and dev community

I liked scrolling the news box thingys there too. This blows. But I guess they weren't making much money off me before and now I might accidentally click on some sponsored content, assuming that's what some of these articles are or will be.
EXACTLY! That's what I loved! Simple. And if I hit refresh, there were usually new ones updated regularly. I don't want to have to scroll through hundreds of lines of headlines. I want pictures! Pictures and simple headlines about stupid things. :rant:
What am I missing...I went to Yahoo! and it looks just like it always does... ??
Same for me too.

Why would you not use Yahoo when one of the top stories is this? https://www.yahoo.com/food/its-monday-you-may-be-daydreaming-about-that-98156764356.html

I liked scrolling the news box thingys there too. This blows. But I guess they weren't making much money off me before and now I might accidentally click on some sponsored content, assuming that's what some of these articles are or will be.
EXACTLY! That's what I loved! Simple. And if I hit refresh, there were usually new ones updated regularly. I don't want to have to scroll through hundreds of lines of headlines. I want pictures! Pictures and simple headlines about stupid things. :rant:
What am I missing...I went to Yahoo! and it looks just like it always does... ??
Same for me too.

Why would you not use Yahoo when one of the top stories is this? https://www.yahoo.com/food/its-monday-you-may-be-daydreaming-about-that-98156764356.html
:goodposting:

Seriously. Where else can you get stories about bacon, ISIS, Football, Ebola, and DWTS all on the same page.

I wonder if it's a slow rollout. I saw some people complaining about Yahoo a couple of weeks back and I thought the same thing as you. But today, I have a different Yahoo.

Instead of the top showing 4 or 5 stories with pictures that you can cycle through, they are gone. The headlines that used to be under those pictures are now the main site. So it's similar to the old setup, but they did away with the top stories that you could cycle through. They have something similar now on the right with about 6 pictures, now going down instead of across the top. But you can't cycle them. So instead of 60 different stories, you get 8.

That's my view, anyway.
This has to be the case. Mine definately doesn't look like that. I've always wondered how they actually do this...how do you make certain IP's get the old page, and others get the new page?

"MyYahoo" doesn't look different, although it changed a year or so ago from a much friendlier customizable version. Still use it as my homepage.

Gotta love the "______ is still around?" or the "People still use ______?" guy. Never gets old.
Right. If I'm the only person using Yahoo, you'd think they'd cater to my needs a little better.
It's my daily lunchtime browsing spot when the FFA is slow. I actually do like their news stories. It's just enough of a mix of CNN, E! and ESPN for me, with a little trash and stupidity thrown in for flavor. These gems keep me coming back as they are a Yahoo! staple:

-"10 tips to save money." Tips include "Don't carry a large credit card balance," and other gems

-"Amazing play on MNF last night." Article fails to include any video of the play because it's copywrited, and tries to explain it miserably.

-"Foods that you should avoid." News flash - Deep Fried Oreos are bad for you.
They had a couple gems posted somewhere here like:

"Save $25k this summer by not going on a European vacation!"
A few more tips like that and I can quit my job. :thumbup:

Still the best stock market site out there. I pull in stock data from Yahoo feeds for analysis on an almost daily basis.

Users who are viewing this thread