What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What to call your "wife" when speaking with other women about (1 Viewer)

So basically you now have an open marriage, not sure of the geography but you should find out if you live near Eggroll's wife. Apparently she loves the ####.

Are you sleeping in the same bed? Same room? If different room, do you have your own entrance. Have you two agreed not to bring sexual partners home?
Sleep in separate rooms. Same entrance to the house. No sexual partners in the home. Separated since Saturday. Living together due to large debt, and no way to afford moving. It is 'our' home, in our name, and it is in our daughter's school area. I not moving, and she can't afford to.Is it bad that we've had relations twice since the separation?
:lmao: That's every other night. Most married guys would kill for that.
OP you at least use protection?

Did I mention, we are going to continue to cohabitate? Deal breaker with other women?
You'll be cohabitating? Oh, simple - just point to her on the cot on the other side of the bedroom.

Sorry to hear, though ...particularly because of the children.

eta: missed the post about the separate rooms - ruins the joke. :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sleeping in the same bed? Same room? If different room, do you have your own entrance. Have you two agreed not to bring sexual partners home?
Sleep in separate rooms. Same entrance to the house. No sexual partners in the home. Separated since Saturday. Living together due to large debt, and no way to afford moving. It is 'our' home, in our name, and it is in our daughter's school area. I not moving, and she can't afford to.Is it bad that we've had relations twice since the separation?
PM Ron. He seems to have this figured out.

:goodposting:

Starting to sound like he has it made. He gets to crank down the ex wife when she's lonely and gets to have anyone else he wants without guilt or consequences.

:goodposting:

Starting to sound like he has it made. He gets to crank down the ex wife when she's lonely and gets to have anyone else he wants without guilt or consequences.
Hell man. Sign me up for this seperation thing.

:lmao:

Lol at "since Saturday" too. Hell my wife and I have been separated since this morning when we both left for work.

Sorry OP.. good luck with the bad situation.

:lmao:

Lol at "since Saturday" too. Hell my wife and I have been separated since this morning when we both left for work.

Sorry OP.. good luck with the bad situation.
Betcha dollars to donuts that broad is already up three to nothin'.

My wife decided we should be separated after 17 years of marriage. As part of the verbal agreement, we are both free to see other people. I assume I will meet other women and they will want to know why my marriage tanked and whether I am available to them for a relationship.

Do I call her:

~the ex

~my wife

~Susan (not her real name, but i'd use her real name)

Or something else...

Remember, the objective will be to "get to know" this new woman.
##### ####

Yes...she cheated. Yes, I tried the forgive and save the marriage apprach (3 kids involved). She says she just can't love me like I deserve.

I've been a workout monster for >2 years. Looking and feeling like a 21 year old (46 years).
Any chance you've been too self-absorbed in recent years? Three kids (= a big time commitment) and a wife who apparently has been lonely. Maybe you should have spent a little less time looking in the mirror and a little more time focusing on them. Water over the dam at this point, probably.

I'm not separated but when my wife and I meet a hot girl I usually introduce my wife as "my roommate". She doesn't think its funny.

Yes...she cheated. Yes, I tried the forgive and save the marriage apprach (3 kids involved). She says she just can't love me like I deserve.I've been a workout monster for >2 years. Looking and feeling like a 21 year old (46 years).
Any chance you've been too self-absorbed in recent years? Three kids (= a big time commitment) and a wife who apparently has been lonely. Maybe you should have spent a little less time looking in the mirror and a little more time focusing on them. Water over the dam at this point, probably.
The workouts started when the affair was happening, in anticipation of this possible outcome. I have spent the last 2 trying to keep it together. Prior to the affair, I had taken a promotion into upper management that required a huge time commitment. ..that is when trouble began.

My daughter/son's mom.

Rule # 1 - never speak ill of the mother of your children.
Not within earshot of them, anyway.
It's just my rule. AFAIK the mother of my children abides by the same rule. We've always kept it friendly. Our failed relationship is between us and it's ancient history, e.g., the kids didn't and don't have anything to do with that.

YMMV
I dunno. The kids and I kind of bond when talking about what a ####ty cook mom is.

I wouldn't worry about it. As soon as you tell women you are Batman I bet the panties will just start flying off. Godspeed Bruce Wayne.

Ignoramus said:
If you're just looking to bang, carry a picture of a model in your wallet and tell girls that she was your fiancée but she died.
:lmao: I once had a friend actually believe I dated Kate Moss once because he looked at a picture on my wall and I said, "Oh, her? That's my girlfriend." He was so let down when he met my real one. Freshmen can really be kind of clueless.

Is this real life?

You have been "separated" for 4 days, but have had sex twice, you plan on living together indefinitely, and your primary concern is the appropriate way to reference your wife when talking to other women so as to not scare them off?

You might as well bring them home and when your wife walks in call her the squatter that you haven't been able to get rid of since Burning Man in 1999. That's as good a solution as anything.

:lol:

one of my colleagues is divorced with sole custody of his kid & his ex wife lives with them due to financial reasons. from the one-sided reports i get, it's a horrible mess.

If you've been separated since Saturday, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't file anything in that regard.

So you're still legally married, haven't legally separated, cohabitate, still have sexual relations, raise your kids together.

She's your wife. And just FYI, until you separate yourselves physically and the financial assets in some way, you're absolutely going to be liable for any poor financial decisions she makes while "single."

one of my colleagues is divorced with sole custody of his kid & his ex wife lives with them due to financial reasons. from the one-sided reports i get, it's a horrible mess.
I imagine this being as close to hell on Earth as possible - has to suck for the poor kid!

If you've been separated since Saturday, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't file anything in that regard.

So you're still legally married, haven't legally separated, cohabitate, still have sexual relations, raise your kids together.

She's your wife. And just FYI, until you separate yourselves physically and the financial assets in some way, you're absolutely going to be liable for any poor financial decisions she makes while "single."
Very ####### true. In my jurisdiction you're generally on the hook until one party actually files the divorce petition and the accompanying injunction.

Why refer to her at all? And if you have already had relations twice during this lengthy separation why is this even a concern, Captain Stabbin?

moleculo said:
bostonfred said:
I'm not separated but when my wife and I meet a hot girl I usually introduce my wife as "my roommate". She doesn't think its funny.
I think its funny; I do this too. I also introduce her as 'my first wife' sometimes too.
I do this too... she doesn't think it's funny.

Yes...she cheated. Yes, I tried the forgive and save the marriage apprach (3 kids involved). She says she just can't love me like I deserve.

I've been a workout monster for >2 years. Looking and feeling like a 21 year old (46 years).

I may not divorce for a while...only if the right one came along I guess.

Did I mention, we are going to continue to cohabitate? Deal breaker with other women?
roommate works well. i mean, it's true...

:tfp: :popcorn:

ClownCausedChaos2 said:
Baloney Sandwich said:
So basically you now have an open marriage, not sure of the geography but you should find out if you live near Eggroll's wife. Apparently she loves the ####.
If it turns out that they all live in Arizona, look out.
i'm guessing she's single now...

Drunken Arizona woman goes on naked, bloody rampage after boyfriend refuses sex: cops http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ariz-woman-rampage-refused-sex-cops-article-1.1610931

I would suggest if you are feeling like getting some strange during this non-separation separation that you get hookers. Not sure where you live but a quality hooker probably will cost you the same as taking out a date2-3 times for dinner. Saves you time, don't have to worry about what to call you wife and is a sure thing. There is no way you are developing a relationship with someone else beyond sex giving the fact that your wife lives with you so the hooker route seems like the way to go.

Are you sure that what she really wants isn't just an open marriage? That you each can get some strange once in awhile?

Are you sure that what she really wants isn't just an open marriage? That you each can get some strange once in awhile?
:lmao: Yeah I'm sure that's what she wants...

More likely what she wants is a half-open marriage, where he continues to support her financially and she is free to get some strange while ####-blocking him at every opportunity.

:lmao: Yeah I'm sure that's what she wants...More likely what she wants is a half-open marriage, where he continues to support her financially and she is free to get some strange while ####-blocking him at every opportunity.
Yeah, total bs situation. Enjoy those nights where she doesn't come home.

:lmao: Yeah I'm sure that's what she wants...More likely what she wants is a half-open marriage, where he continues to support her financially and she is free to get some strange while ####-blocking him at every opportunity.
He can be the "built in babysitter" while she is out kicking it with dudes like meeeeeee! Get some!! :excited:

Sorry, couldnt resist.... :mellow:

I'm just responding to the fact that they've had what sounds like more relations since the decision than before. :shrug:

It's not something I could handle--was put in that situation years ago and shut it down quick. Have learned since then that it's worked out well for her as far as I can tell--she and her husband engage with other couples on a pretty regular basis it seems.

Good Luck with this. She can't afford to move.. well that sucks for her. Guess she should have thought of that before sleeping around............. I would file for divorce immediately. While you are "separated" she can still get 1/2 of whatever you accumulate plus her alimony clock continues to tick......

IIRC relations with other women might harm his interests in an the event of an actual divorce as well?

He can be the "built in babysitter" while she is out kicking it with dudes like meeeeeee! Get some!! :excited:

Sorry, couldnt resist.... :mellow:
or worse a drunken armed white supremacist yorkie walker

Users who are viewing this thread