What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What to expect from Braylon this week? (1 Viewer)

ComfortablyNumb

Footballguy
Cotchery Questionable and could very possibly sit out Mon night. I'm leaning toward starting Edwards over Avery. Who are you starting him over or sitting him behind? (not a WDIS, just a query on expectations...)

as i have stated in the cotchery thread, i plan to start braylon if cotchery is ruled out.

as for expectations, i have no idea what to expect. i've read that he has picked up the offense fairly quickly but i'll believe it when i see it.

i would temper my expectations.

(as for avery, coming in with little practice since he was questionable and with boller throwing to him...its probably a pick em for you).

Unfortunately for me it is Gage or Braylon. I really don't expect much from either but I think Braylon may be a target in the red zone so I am starting him. My big problem is because of bye weeks I have to start either Chester Taylor or Leon Washington. I want to start Leon but am a bit ansty starting two Jets against Miami. Oh we must start 3 WR and 3 RB's if you are interested.

I think Edwards could have a big game on MNF, especially if Cotchery can't go or is limited (which is expected). David Clowney is also someone who could have a nice game. My money is on Edwards. The Jets coaches have been impressed with him so far. VERY impressed.

Braylon will have 2 catches for 29 yards & a TD. He'll get few token plays called for him & due to the Jets having no other WRs this week, he'll score on one of his 3 targets.

just how similar are the playbooks? i have a hard time accepting that he picked up all of the jets book so quick. wouldnt he be limited on the number of snaps/formations this week? or will it simply be 'Go Deep/Post' and that's it? i really want to start him over the other trash as WR3, but just arent convinced he will see the field enough to be productive week 1 there.

Edwards wasn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard in Ohio, NOW people expect him to pick up a new playbook in less than a week??

Come on people . . .

Wr's don't necessarily need to "pick up the playbook". The guy is a big time talent and will catch some balls thrown his way. Sanchez will undoubtedly find a way to get a big time player the ball...I see Edwards having his best game of the yr, which isn't tough considering but what better stage to be playing your first game for the Jets than on MNF.

Starting in him in 4 of 5 leagues...don't have him in the other :hophead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaning towards him over Manningham. On national TV no way he can live with another goose egg like last week.......right? :hophead:

Wr's don't necessarily need to "pick up the playbook". The guy is a big time talent and will catch some balls thrown his way. Sanchez will undoubtedly find a way to get a big time player the ball...I see Edwards having his best game of the yr, which isn't tough considering but what better stage to be playing your first game for the Jets than on MNF.

Starting in him in 4 of 5 leagues...don't have him in the other :hophead:
that's news to me . . .

Expecting a big week. Things are lining up nicely. Monday night. Cotchery quesitonable. He'll want to prove something.

Anyone think that Brad Smith would be a good start in Cotchery absense? Just a thought as I have Cotchery and picked up Smith in emergency.

Users who are viewing this thread