What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What type of player can I get? (1 Viewer)

SageAdvice

Footballguy
Hey everyone -- it's the new guy. Standard ESPN, 10-team league.

An owner in my league dropped Neil Walker and I'm looking to add him as my MI. I already have Castro and Asdrubal at SS and MI, so I was thinking of doing Castro and another player for an upgrade and then adding Neil Walker. Thoughts on what I can do? Roster is below. Thanks experts. :)

C AJ Pierzynski

1B Adam Dunn

2B Brandon Philips

3B Alex Rodriguez

SS Starlin Castro

MI Asdrubal Cabrera

CI Edwin Encarnacion

OF Hunter Pence

OF Alex Gordon

OF Shin-Soo Choo

OF Carlos Lee

OF Jason Heyward

UTIL Brett Lawrie

Bench Drew Stubbs

Bench Justin Morneau

DL Carl Crawford

P Zack Greinke

P CC Sabathia

P Matt Moore

P Josh Johnson

P Brandon Beachy

P Shaun Marcum

P Chad Billingsly

P Sean Marshal

P Sergio Santos

Bench Heath Bell

DL Drew Storen

It's tough to trade in a ten team league because there's usually decent replacement level talent available for free. I don't know why you'd want to trade Castro. He's one of the few SB threats on your team.

If you're going to trade either of them trade Asdrubal. If no one buys him, oh well, let someone else have Walker. You don't want Asdrubal and Walker in SS and MI unless you flip Starlin for something ridiculous like a Votto

Not sure how much higher from Castro you can upgrade
seriously, Castro may end up as the 3th SS this year behind Tulo and Hanley if he keeps running like this. which according to dale sveum, seems to be the plan
Starlin Castro will continue to be aggressive on the base paths, according to Cubs manager Dale Sveum.Castro has six stolen bases in 10 games this season and hasn't yet been caught. He's also batting a simmering .359/.395/.436. Entering 2012, Castro was 32-for-49 in 282 career games. "Stolen bases, whether the pitcher is slow to the plate or whatever, just helps to stay out of the double play, get things going." Sveum said. "But it also creates an atmosphere for base running that is going to be the theme that I always talk about. Base running will win you games or lose you games." It's clear that Sveum's Cubs will be more aggressive in the running game than predecessor Mike Quade's. Apr 15 - 6:46 PM

My thought is that Walker should be a serviceable MI this year so I'd like to pick him up. I'm not opposed to trading Asdrubal instead of Castro, but I was mores wondering who I should aim for if I package Asdrubal and Heyward for an OF or Asdrubal and Pierzynski for a C.

My thought is that Walker should be a serviceable MI this year so I'd like to pick him up. I'm not opposed to trading Asdrubal instead of Castro, but I was mores wondering who I should aim for if I package Asdrubal and Heyward for an OF or Asdrubal and Pierzynski for a C.
Asdrubal and Pierzynski for a better catcher would be solid. As is you probably have the worst C in the league though so you need to find a team that is just dying for a SS, if they're hurting at MI they're probably thinking like you and will just pick up Walker.

Users who are viewing this thread