What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Finless Memorial Gobbler - rodg12 Wins - Kyle Kendrick MVP (1 Viewer)

Based on a one day sample size, it looks like hitters are going to grind out a few points per day. A game in the 5-10 point range will be pretty good production.

Pitchers will be more volatile. A start like Lohse's yesterday could be enough to win a week by himself but those should be relatively rare. Most Gobbler pitchers aren't opening day starter types so we'll know more in a few days.

Our team is in shambles. Our first round pick changed his name to Melvin, then gets traded to the Padres where we will need a miracle for him to see the field.

My team is terrible. They keep getting hits and stuff. Sam Fuld has 4 hits already! With 3 of my 6 pitchers on the DL to start I don't know if I can overcome this in week 1, and it's against TRE no less. At least Colby Lewis and Jordan Lyles kind of ####ed him over. Need Nolasco, Vargas, and Simon to come through and pitch terribly.

The Finless Memorial... home for incurable... tyrants and kings. :whistle: (sorry, runs through my head every time this thread is bumped)

I'm glad Upton went because I don't think I could have resisted him here, but I didn't really want him because I want to have more fun. Even though I'm a Cub fan now I still live in Minnesota and as such I'll probably have to watch the Twins a lot. What could be more fun than watching them get shelled and know I'm killing it in fantasy?

1.04 SP Ricky Nolasco - that picture may as well be my team logo

He's both terrible and guaranteed to be in the rotation the entire season no matter what, plays for a horrible team so wins will be in short supply, and hates striking guys out.
:goodposting:

MAC_32 said:
I'm glad Upton went because I don't think I could have resisted him here, but I didn't really want him because I want to have more fun. Even though I'm a Cub fan now I still live in Minnesota and as such I'll probably have to watch the Twins a lot. What could be more fun than watching them get shelled and know I'm killing it in fantasy?

1.04 SP Ricky Nolasco - that picture may as well be my team logo

He's both terrible and guaranteed to be in the rotation the entire season no matter what, plays for a horrible team so wins will be in short supply, and hates striking guys out.

Crushing TRE now 42.5-21 mostly thanks to Nolasco's awesome 23.75 points today. I still have Alfredo Simon coming up, and I feel good about him assuming he doesn't pitch until they play someone who isn't the Twins.

My pitching line after 5 of my 6 pitchers' outings

35 2/3 IP

1.01 ERA

0.81 WHIP

4 Wins

29 Strikeouts

Fantrax was scoring walks rather than walks allowed for pitchers. It has been corrected and week 1 scores adjusted accordingly. I'm still in negative numbers.

Six starts, six losses for my SP. A few of them actually pitched pretty decent and were tough-luck losers, but still a nice start.

It wouldn't have affected my game, but I was terrified when I saw Leonys Martin almost hit a grand slam and super relieved when George Springer robbed him.

Clutch 29 point Sunday start from Trevor Bauer (6 ER in 4 1/3 with a HR, WP and Hit Batsman) to narrowly win the week

Users who are viewing this thread