What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Finless Memorial Gobbler - rodg12 Wins - Kyle Kendrick MVP (2 Viewers)

Paid in Full

X

Sparty

Eric B & Rakim

RnR

rodg

Wrigyong

Zilla

moops

$12.95 Paypal gift to cpzeck at yahoo.

Jhoulys Chacin released

Dan Straily optioned

That's life on the Gobbler tightrope. You need to be just bad enough.

I think you can make moves now. Weekly scoring is Monday-Sunday so I don't think they'll be effective until next Sunday night. Keep in mind you only get 12 all year.

Jzilla and Wrigyong currently both have illegal lineups. Nicks Franklin and Swisher don't have 2B and OF eligibility respectively in Fantrax. Fantrax doesn't accumulate any stats for a team with an illegal lineup so we need to resolve this.

I can override position eligibility and will do so unless somebody is violently opposed to it. The Nicks have eligibility in Yahoo for whatever that's worth.

I think you can make moves now. Weekly scoring is Monday-Sunday so I don't think they'll be effective until next Sunday night. Keep in mind you only get 12 all year.

Jzilla and Wrigyong currently both have illegal lineups. Nicks Franklin and Swisher don't have 2B and OF eligibility respectively in Fantrax. Fantrax doesn't accumulate any stats for a team with an illegal lineup so we need to resolve this.

I can override position eligibility and will do so unless somebody is violently opposed to it. The Nicks have eligibility in Yahoo for whatever that's worth.
That's weird. I vote override.

Swish in the OF is a little dubious. Only played 6 games there last year.

IDK. Not a huge deal since this league is mostly for ####s and giggles. But, this is why I asked about it before the draft. :shrug:

IDK. Not a huge deal since this league is mostly for ####s and giggles. But, this is why I asked about it before the draft. :shrug:
Huh, thought he would have got 10 in. I suppose we could just make him use one of his moves, right?

This is serious business my friend.

Franklin & Swish have been fixed in Fantrax. Everybody now has a legal roster.

I think transactions will run on Sunday night but I'm never sure about setting options in Fantrax.

Im so disappointed I didnt get in this. I seriously would've tried to roster the whole Phils team with the exception of Utley and Hamels.

Howard, Chooch, Galvis, Dom Brown and the rest of the SPs are going to be absolute studs. Revere is an awesome sleeper who can really only hurt you in one category. Herarra will be an under-the-radar beast if he manages to get enough ABs. Asche is about the only guy I expect to under-perform his ADP and even that's a longshot. Its too bad defensive metrics arent included, or this team would be even more impressive. This team could lose 100.

I just tried an add/drop and it has it in queue to be done at the end of Week 1 pending approval. Is that the way this is supposed to work or did I do something wrong?

RnR said:
I just tried an add/drop and it has it in queue to be done at the end of Week 1 pending approval. Is that the way this is supposed to work or did I do something wrong?
The Fantrax commissioner utility is a beaut. I tried to set it so all claims would process on Sunday night so rosters would be right for the start of the scoring period on Monday. I think that's the way things will work now. I couldn't be sure if we allowed first come first served pickups during the week, that it wouldn't somehow mess up scoring during the game week. I think the only downside of the current system is if two owners want the same free agent but with only 12 transactions allowed, that hopefully will be a rare event.

The way I think it's going to work is you can submit an add/drop claim at any time during the week. They'll be processed Sunday at 9PM EDT in reverse order of league standings. the changes will be effective for the game week starting on Monday. If somebody has a better idea, please tell me how to set it in Fantrax.

I also had to change the league scoring to begin effective Monday April 6 or else Fantrax was going to assign a full win and loss for just the Sunday night game. But who cares about the Cubs and Cardinals anyway.

RnR said:
The Fantrax commissioner utility is a beaut. I tried to set it so all claims would process on Sunday night so rosters would be right for the start of the scoring period on Monday. I think that's the way things will work now. I couldn't be sure if we allowed first come first served pickups during the week, that it wouldn't somehow mess up scoring during the game week. I think the only downside of the current system is if two owners want the same free agent but with only 12 transactions allowed, that hopefully will be a rare event.

The way I think it's going to work is you can submit an add/drop claim at any time during the week. They'll be processed Sunday at 9PM EDT in reverse order of league standings. the changes will be effective for the game week starting on Monday. If somebody has a better idea, please tell me how to set it in Fantrax.

I also had to change the league scoring to begin effective Monday April 6 or else Fantrax was going to assign a full win and loss for just the Sunday night game. But who cares about the Cubs and Cardinals anyway.
RnR said:

I care about the Cubs. That's my team, man.

me and the mets seem to value juan slagares differently. whereas they see a $5mm a yr player, i see a guy with no eye, no power, limited speed who is already 26, they see a gg defender that.............?

he was my first rounder here and is one of the few everyday OFs to not get drafted in 5x5 roto leegs. what am i missing?

All defense, no bat is the new market inefficiency. Haven't you looked at Billy Beane's OF lately?

If you entered a free agent claim this week, I'd recommend checking to make sure it's still queued up in Fantrax after the change to scoring period #1.

Just put in a million claims since half of my team is out of the league already.

Last edited by a moderator:
fyi - fantrax decided to start period 1 on 4/6, today. so, we get no points for the sunday games of 4/5?

cheaters......

3.05 - Kyle Kendrick, SP, COL

"Kendrick is fairly durable and has generally been a decent back-of-the-rotation starter, but his lack of strikeouts is a particularly poor fit for Coors Field and he served up 25 homers in 32 starts last year."

Sounds perfect. :shrug:
-6.25 points :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread