What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would it take for you to go to the game? (1 Viewer)

We know what you are, now we're just discussing price

• Free tickets

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Free tickets and $1000

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • A beer and a brat

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Free tickets and $1,000,000

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Hell, I'd sell my wife and kids for that ticket

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Eff off! Don't ever call me again!

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters

Joe Schmo

Footballguy
Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! KC is gonna be frigid Saturday night with game time temps well below freezing and wind chills of -20/-30. A comment was made in the game thread that the stadium may be 30% empty and it prompted an incredulous response by a poster questioning if that is really a possibility. So, would you go if a pal called you with an open ticket and if so what would it take to persuade you to join the frozen few? The ticket is endzone/upper level.

If I already owned the appropriate clothing, I'd go for sure. If it really was unbearable you can just leave. Probably be quite a laugh though.

Not a chance in hades would I go. Eff that noise. I can cheer on my team from the comfort of my warm living room just fine and I don't have to deal with parking and people.

The attendance for the Ice Bowl was 50,861 fans, which was 9 over the capacity of Lambeau Field at that time.
That's a lot of beer and a lot of brats. And they didn't have the heat warmers and such that we have today. Of course, the live experience was so far superior to the tv experience back then as well where as today we have tilted to to the tv experience being pretty fabulous.

I'm older. I've been to a ton of sporting events in my life. Wanna know how old I am? I'm more concerned about the weather then the cost of a game. Rain? No chance. Snow? No chance. Bad weather to go with parking, traffic and lines? Nope. Pay me million dollars? All day. Ha ha

Well, since I would much rather watch any game at home rather than going it would take the free ticket and $1M option for me. Now being that it is a playoff game that gives me a little more incentive to go but again, if I was interested in watching the game I would want to do that at home even it was perfect weather outside. The in game viewing experience is terrible for football. Too many TV timeouts. Too much standing around. There is just no game flow when you are there. Now the atmosphere and fan electricity and tailgating experiences sometimes can off set the terrible viewing experience and I have never been to a playoff game before so I am somewhat intrigued to experience that. But I would rather do that when it is more barrable weather hence the answer of free tickets and $1M

I'm older. I've been to a ton of sporting events in my life. Wanna know how old I am? I'm more concerned about the weather then the cost of a game. Rain? No chance. Snow? No chance. Bad weather to go with parking, traffic and lines? Nope. Pay me million dollars? All day. Ha ha
I am right there with you for the most part. However, I have never been to a snow game. I wouldn't mind going to a Packers-Vikings game (I am a Vikes fan) at Lambeau in the snow but only if I can guarantee the snow is nice and dry and as warm as it can be for those conditions to occur. Experiencing Lambeau in the snow would be something I would like to say I have done.

The worry is going and having it be one of those wet snow type days that is just so cold you can't do anything to make it any better. On second thought, never mind...hahaha

If I were a Chiefs fan, I would happily attend this game, and I'd enjoy it. I have plenty of cold weather gear, and I've attended games in conditions like this before.

I actually prefer the colder games over the ones where I’m in direct sunlight sweating my balls off.

Agree. As long as you’re dressed appropriately it’s not that bad at all.

Yes you have to attend and your friend is a gambling junkie so you have to stay til the final gun. And this is a game with your favorite team as the home team.

For a million bucks you could sit in your car in the parking lot and watch on the satellite TV you bough with your largesse.

If the Steelers playoff game was in Pittsburgh I would pay face value to go. I was offered a ticket to go to Buffalo but I declined. Don't really feel like driving 3-4 hours, tailgate for a couple hours, sit in a freezing cold stadium and then drive another 3-4 hours to go back home.

For a million bucks you could sit in your car in the parking lot and watch on the satellite TV you bough with your largesse.
Nope gotta sit in the seats.

Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! KC is gonna be frigid Saturday night with game time temps well below freezing and wind chills of -20/-30. A comment was made in the game thread that the stadium may be 30% empty and it prompted an incredulous response by a poster questioning if that is really a possibility. So, would you go if a pal called you with an open ticket and if so what would it take to persuade you to join the frozen few? The ticket is endzone/upper level.
It was -50F last night where I live, this is nothing.

Are you part penguin?

Grew up in Buffalo and saw a few games at old Rich Stadium in the 70's and sat in the snow and cold to watch OJ get his and the Bills lose. I know of cold and snow. Snow not much of an issue for me but especially now that I'm older that kind of brutal cold is a no go zone for me. You can dress however you want but the idea of bundling like Randy in Christmas Story to be even half comrtable is not appealing to me in the least.

Are you part penguin?
No haha. It's awful, this is the coldest I've ever felt it. It's currently -31F with a -51F windchill here. It gets up to 100F in the summers so it's a pretty big swing.

Are you part penguin?
No haha. It's awful, this is the coldest I've ever felt it. It's currently -31F with a -51F windchill here. It gets up to 100F in the summers so it's a pretty big swing.
Sounds horrible. I lived in Hawaii for 10 years and my favorite thing was that it was 85 degrees in the summer and 85 degrees in the winter. It's been 3 years living in the south and I still just absolutely hate the cold.

Are you part penguin?
Remind me where this is so I never go there.....

I went to the Bills/Patriots playoff game a few years ago, which had a kickoff temperature of 7 degrees with a -15 degree wind chill. It was enough to make you cover everything except your eyes, and I had multiple beers, both at the tailgate and the game itself, freeze before you could finish drinking them. I'd go to this game if it was free or very cheap tickets. I wouldn't pay face value or anything over that, though.

I wouldn't go for free. Pay me $1k and I'd go.

I played hockey in Roseau, MN when the air temp was -42. Sure it was indoors but they had the ceiling flaps open to keep the ice cold. So it was about -20 inside.

If there's no wind it's manageable. Any wind though... Oof.

Are you part penguin?
That sounds like North Dakota weather.

Are you part penguin?
Haha it's rare it's this cold. Just up in Calgary, near Banff.

You get a couple days a year like this and a couple 100 degree days but for the most part the climate is no different than Montana or Wisconsin.

Are you part penguin?
That sounds like North Dakota weather.
That was going to be my guess.....

This is one of those “if we’re properly equipped, make a memory” opportunities.
Just don’t lose a digit.

looking forward to watching this on 🦚

Are you part penguin?

You get a couple days a year like this and a couple 100 degree days but for the most part the climate is no different than Montana or Wisconsin.
I definitely associate 100 degree temps with Canada.

I think I'd go for free tickets. It's a double-edged sword... On one hand, I'd get to be in the same stadium as TSwift. On the other hand, I wouldn't be able to watch her on TV if I went. The weather is a non-factor.

Weather games are awesome. Especially snow. That Buffalo cold looks not great.

KC, 6 degrees, 16 mph winds? No problem.

You have 50,000 Kansas City- sized people around you, keeping you warm. Inside that stadium is much, much warmer than standing outside.

Everything is easier when you sit on your couch, geez. You can watch videos of people skiing from your couch. Are they all miserable?

Are you part penguin?

I definitely associate 100 degree temps with Canada.
it happens.

Interesting stat that most people don't believe.... 60% of Canadians actually live further SOUTH than Seattle.

There's also a part of Canada that is as far south as California.

I've been to a couple Patriots games and one game in Buffalo like this. It's pretty miserable. I would still probably do it again if someone asked but I wouldn't seek it out

Now the atmosphere and fan electricity and tailgating experiences sometimes can off set the terrible viewing experience and I have never been to a playoff game before so I am somewhat intrigued
One compromise is going to the pregame festivities and then going home to watch the actual game.

There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing
Which is why I prefer being in cold weather as opposed to hot. Eventually you have no more clothes to take off (and nobody wants to see me like that) in hot weather......although it may have perks depending on the company you are with..

There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing
Which is why I prefer being in cold weather as opposed to hot.
This.

When I was in high school, my dad had Bears season tickets through work, and he took me to the Bears Giants playoff game in 1985 (year the Bears won the Super Bowl), the game Landetta whiffed the punt. It was about 5 degrees with -20 wind chill. It was awesome. Place was electric. You just have to dress appropriately. Takes some time to use the restroom, but that's it.

OTOH, when I lived in CLT, I have been to a Carolina Panthers game in early September when it was 95 degrees and very humid. It sucked. I sweated my a$$ off for 3 1/2 hours. I don't sweat the much from working out. Couldn't imagine the players playing in that kind of humidity.

Give me the cold over the hot for a football game as well.

I'll echo the age sentiment. Went to many bad weather Bills games including coldest ever - 1994 playoff game vs. Raiders with temp of 0 and wind chill of -32. Drank slushy Labatts in parking lot but I was in my 20s. Now in my 50s I'd only accept a box ticket and even that I'd have to think about considering the potential for 1-2 ft of snow in Buffalo this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread