What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Hamburgers or Pizza? (1 Viewer)

You can only eat one for the rest of your life. Hamburgers or Pizza?

• Hamburger/Cheesburger

Votes: 51 25.1%
  • Pizza

Votes: 152 74.9%

• Total voters
I'm the lone burger vote so far.

A burger is basically a pizza if you think about it. You've got your sauce (ketchup/mustard), your dough (buns), and your cheese (cheeseburger). But it has the added bonus of a large patty of meat. You also have just as many options for toppings as a pizza has without people judging you for your toppings choices (pineapple).

Pizza wins solely because of variety. A burger is a burger and you can add different cheeses, toppings, etc. but in every single one you've gotta have buns and beef. Pizza can be pork, chicken, shrimp, beef, pepperoni, salami, etc. plus the same topping options on top of that.

I can eat pizza 2 or 3 times a week at least. Can't say the same for burgers.
As long as it's good NYC pizza.

Pizza wins solely because of variety. A burger is a burger and you can add different cheeses, toppings, etc. but in every single one you've gotta have buns and beef. Pizza can be pork, chicken, shrimp, beef, pepperoni, salami, etc. plus the same topping options on top of that.
Not true. If you're gluten intolerant you can have a bunless lettuce wrap burger.

Also, you can use pork/turkey/chicken/whatever for the patty. Even veggie options. Not just beef.

Not true. If you're gluten intolerant you can have a bunless lettuce wrap burger.

Also, you can use pork/turkey/chicken/whatever for the patty. Even veggie options. Not just beef.
This is all just my opinion of course, but it's why I said what I said.

If it's made of chicken or pork, then it's a chicken or pork sandwich, not a burger. If it has lettuce as the bun, then it's a lettuce wrap.

Stacking random ingredients on top of each other does not a burger make.

This is all just my opinion of course, but it's why I said what I said.

If it's made of chicken or pork, then it's a chicken or pork sandwich, not a burger. If it has lettuce as the bun, then it's a lettuce wrap.

Stacking random ingredients on top of each other does not a burger make.

I dont think it's a matter of opinion. The bolded is objectively false. They're called veggie burgers, turkey burgers, bison burgers, etc. not sandwiches.

a hamburger is like a rob deer power hitter yeah theyre gonna get some homeruns but most of the time they are striking out a pizza is like a robin yount utility man they just help you all over the field so i am going to robin yount like all the birds on jbird street take that to the bank brochachos

Pizza guy here....so many options. Pepperoni...Supreme...Buffalo Chicken....Cheeseburger...Spicy Pepperoni and Jalapenos...Meatball...Oh and dessert pizzas too!! Hell, we could make breakfast pizzas!!!

Pizza. I limit myself to one burger and one serving of pizza a month, both for health and to test my willpower. It is MUCH easier for me to stick to the one burger/month than the 1 serving of pizza/month. I have been known to weasel out and get a calzone at the end of the month after having pizza earlier.

very tough choice... both are very versatile.

Voted pizza for the different crusts/toppings
something as simple as margherita- to fig, bleu cheese, prosciutto- to chicago deep dish

When I was younger I would have said Pizza. Nowadays, it's hamburgers and it's not close.
This.

Pizza is a fat/carbs disaster.

At least with a burger I can pick a healthy meat like a grass fed beef or bison and do a lettuce wrap instead of a bun and have a good meal.

I know there are healthified options with Pizza but they are a lot worse than what i just described with the burger.

People are saying there are more options for pizza toppings, but I dunno

Ketchup
Mayo
Mustard
1000 island
ranch
BBQ Sauce
Relish
bacon
Chili
Avocado
Lettuce
Onions
Cheese
mushrooms
eggs
peppers

on and on

And a couple other related points in favor of burgers.

- Pizza only really takes certain kinds of cheeses. "4 cheese" is about as crazy as it gets. It's mozzarella and various other mozzarella-like cheeses. With burgers, you pretty much have the entire cheese catalog to put on your burger. Want some American, Cheddar, Brie, Blue Cheese, Queso? OK!

- With pizza, you can only put 3 maybe 4 different toppings max before it stops being able to hold up. And if you go to Italy, the home of the pizza, they will laugh at you for putting more than 2. Burgers can hold much more. Want bacon, 1000 Island, lettuce, tomato, onions, mushrooms, and cheese on your burger? Sure thing!

Conclusion: Burgers are much more versatile in terms of toppings/variations.

Ketchup
Mayo
Mustard
1000 island
ranch
BBQ Sauce
Relish
bacon
Chili
Avocado
Lettuce
Onions
Cheese
mushrooms
eggs
peppers

on and on

- Pizza only really takes certain kinds of cheeses. "4 cheese" is about as crazy as it gets. It's mozzarella and various other mozzarella-like cheeses. With burgers, you pretty much have the entire cheese catalog to put on your burger. Want some American, Cheddar, Brie, Blue Cheese, Queso? OK!

- With pizza, you can only put 3 maybe 4 different toppings max before it stops being able to hold up. And if you go to Italy, the home of the pizza, they will laugh at you for putting more than 2. Burgers can hold much more. Want bacon, 1000 Island, lettuce, tomato, onions, mushrooms, and cheese on your burger? Sure thing!

I eat all of those toppings and more on hamburgers, however there are still more possible toppings for pizza. Plus the crust thickness and base sauce can really change the flavor, everything from pink sauce, bbq sauce, white sauce, olive oil, spicy marinara, etc and then detroit to NY style.

Pizza can be more varied in flavor.

Ketchup
Mayo
Mustard
1000 island
ranch
BBQ Sauce
Relish
bacon
Chili
Avocado
Lettuce
Onions
Cheese
mushrooms
eggs
peppers

on and on

I eat all of those toppings and more on hamburgers, however there are still more possible toppings for pizza. Plus the crust thickness and base sauce can really change the flavor, everything from pink sauce, bbq sauce, white sauce, olive oil, spicy marinara, etc and then detroit to NY style.

Whatever diversity there is with pizza sauce, there is equal diversity among condiments.

ketchup
yellow mustard
Dijon mustard
brown mustard
mayonnaise
burger sauce
barbecue sauce
Big Mac sauce
honey mustard
fry sauce
salsa
guacamole
tzatziki sauce
truffle aioli
garlic mayo
green chile sauce
sriracha
ranch dressing

just to name a few.

You can prefer pizza, but you cant really argue that the toppings are more diverse.

The only thing pizza has over burgers that I would agree to are the styles. Chicago is totally different from NY for example. I don't think burgers can claim the same thing.

Ketchup
Mayo
Mustard
1000 island
ranch
BBQ Sauce
Relish
bacon
Chili
Avocado
Lettuce
Onions
Cheese
mushrooms
eggs
peppers

on and on

So wrong on so many levels. Ketchup and mustard and a whole bunch of those other things aren't toppings. They are condiments. Huge difference.

Pretty much any veggie and any meat can be put on pizza as a topping. Nobody is putting broccoli rabe or sausages or olives on their burgers.

And you need to expand your pizza cheese catalog. It is not limited to mozzarella and other mozzarella like cheese

Ketchup
Mayo
Mustard
1000 island
ranch
BBQ Sauce
Relish
bacon
Chili
Avocado
Lettuce
Onions
Cheese
mushrooms
eggs
peppers

on and on

You can prefer pizza, but you cant really argue that the toppings are more diverse.
I think there is a lot of cross utilization between the two... ie: we could make a thai pizza and a thai burger. many things i would not want on pizza (mayo, ketchup, mustard). I think we can do more with pizza (plus dessert)

Nobody is putting....olives on their burgers
Olive burgers (w/green olives) are a thing in Michigan, and theyre fantastic. Almost everywhere that serves burgers (outside of national chains) has them on their menu. I make them at home all the time. Mayo, bacon, American cheese, green olives, lettuce, tomato. Heaven.

When I visit Michigan, it's always the first thing I get from a local bar in my hometown.

Ketchup
Mayo
Mustard
1000 island
ranch
BBQ Sauce
Relish
bacon
Chili
Avocado
Lettuce
Onions
Cheese
mushrooms
eggs
peppers

on and on

So wrong on so many levels. Ketchup and mustard and a whole bunch of those other things aren't toppings. They are condiments. Huge difference.

Pretty much any veggie and any meat can be put on pizza as a topping. Nobody is putting broccoli rabe or sausages or olives on their burgers.

And you need to expand your pizza cheese catalog. It is not limited to mozzarella and other mozzarella like cheese
Disagree.

Who cares if its called a condiment vs a topping, they are all things you put on top of the burger to change the experience, same with pizza toppings. And all give a variety of ways to change the experience.

And there are just as many burger toppings that are amazing on burgers that would not be on pizza. You say no olives on a burger? Maybe, but olive tapenade sounds pretty good to me. But could you imagine mustard or relish or guacamole on a pizza? Not really.

And sorry but you're not putting things like brie or queso on a pizza unless you're being gross. Burgers clearly are more diverse here.

a pizza is a meal that you can make into a million varieties a burger is just a condiment delivery method hell just drink some bbq sauce and call it a day take that to the bank brohans

Pizza can be carried over for leftovers in some good ways, like grilling on a pan. Hamburgers pretty much need to be consumed ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread