What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Have you ever walked out on a movie? (1 Viewer)

Have you ever walked out on a movie?

• Yes

Votes: 90 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 74 45.1%

• Total voters
I have never walked out at the theater. My Mom went to her grave claiming we should have walked out of Back To The Beach, but I remember liking that movie as a kid. It would come up at least once a year for 30 years after.
Call me Surly.

Shirley? Nice is a better gang name than Shirley!

Oh forget it, just call me Bobby.

I have never walked out at the theater. My Mom went to her grave claiming we should have walked out of Back To The Beach, but I remember liking that movie as a kid. It would come up at least once a year for 30 years after.
With Frankie and Annette?
I thought it wasn't bad at all. Plus you got Pee Wee Herman + **** Dale and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

i remember being a teenager and loving this song so much. Got me into ska. Okay, I kid. It didn't. But it was a cool song.

Ska ska ska (horns blow) Jamaica ska
Not everybody can do the twist
Not everybody can cha cha cha
But you can do the Jamaica ska
It goes something like this
Ska ska ska Jamaica ska

Or something like that . . .

Some matinee at our small town 1-screen theater. Think I was 12 or 13 and starting to get too cool for "little kid" movies. :shrug:

@wlwiles didn't see it in a theater, but I love Kung Pow. :lmao:

ETA: I ran out towards the end of Jaws because my parents took me when I was 10. :shock:

Black Hawk Down. I couldn’t handle the blood.
It's my favorite war movie (if it's okay to HAVE one) but every time they start digging for that guy's femoral artery I have to fast forward.
That is the scene where it happened. I had to leave the theater. I used the wall to make it to the lobby and ended up crawling to the bathroom. After spitting a couple times into a toilet I was OK, but my cell phone was vibrating in the toilet for some reason. It had been powered off, so not ideal.

Never finished that movie.

Walked out on Dawn of the Dead.
I thought is was fun but my date disagreed.
Which version?
This was in the 70s. I thought it was before 78 so maybe it was Night of the Living Dead.
I still remember the scene where she decided it was time to go. It was when the zombie got the top of his head taken off by the helicopter blade. So, whichever one had that.

I don't think so. There were some movies I really didn't like but you are always with other people and I'm just not the type to pester others to leave.

I thought it wasn't bad at all. Plus you got Pee Wee Herman + **** Dale and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

i remember being a teenager and loving this song so much. Got me into ska. Okay, I kid. It didn't. But it was a cool song.

Ska ska ska Jamaica ska

Fishbone!!!

Always thought Annette was so old in the movie. She was only 45. Ugh, getting old sucks.

Date wanted to see 8 Mile, and then wanted to leave because of the language.

I walked out of Deniro and Snipes The Fan.

Ska ska ska Jamaica ska

Fishbone!!!

Always thought Annette was so old in the movie. She was only 45. Ugh, getting old sucks.
@rockaction should’ve led with Fishbone. Had no idea they got roped into a B-movie cameo. Love that horn section 🎺

I was by myself on a work trip and went to “Hardcore Henry“…not pRon…movie gimmick was it was filmed all in first person. I didn’t expect it to be good but was offensively bad.

Voluntarily? Not that I can think of.

But as a kid, dad took my sister and me into, and fairly quickly out of, All of Me (Lily Tomlin and Steve Martin??) because divorced dads can be kinda dumb. Think it was because of language.

And then I don’t think the two of us stayed for all of Yor, the Hunter from the Future because it was just terrible, and not the sci-fi blockbuster he thought he was taking us to.

Will read through the thread after I post.

Yes, twice:

8MM: Nick Cage snuff film stuff. We didn't know what we were getting into. Yuck. No thanks.

Devil's Advocate: Al Pacino and Keanu are awesome. Terrible and spiritually gross. Out.

Nope. I don't go to the theater very often - when I do, it's for a movie that I'm very likely to enjoy.

It's this. It's extremely rare that I go to watch a film full stop, and rarer still that I go to something immediately upon release where it is unclear if the film is going to suck.

I've mentioned this before. Back in college, I went to a double feature at the student union, which had a real cinema. I watched the first movie (the one I wanted to see). The second movie was an Andy Hardy movie with Mickey Rooney. After about ten minutes, I decided life was too short for that crap and walked. Oy!

Walked out of two movies that I can think of now - don’t remember the first one but it was when I was dating my wife and the second one was when we were married and we went to see Cloverfield. We left about ten minutes in because it made us physically sick with motion sickness because the movie is of a group of friends videoing themselves.

We also like to go to plays and went to a local community play years ago and walked out right before intermission. There was only about ten people in the audience and six cast members. The play was long and awful, the actors were terrible and every other sentence was the f bomb that was said in over dramatic fashion. When we got up to walk out the actors paused and watched us leave. One of the guys in the audience looked at me with a look like “take me with you!”

Only one I recall was Joes Apartment which was an MTV skit with Jerry O’Connel and talking cockroaches that they turned into a movie. My buddy worked at a theater so we saw it for free but tapped out after like 15-20 minutes

Rentals I have cut short
Holy Man with Eddie Murphy
A Midsummer Nights Dream
Pineapple Express
Hugo

Probably a handful more but those are the ones I can recall. Most stuff I will at least power through

Its such a debate - you paid to watch this - so it has to be really bad to leave.. and I am cheap. But I did once - but I don't even remember the name of the movie. It was so bad and I was so conflicted...

Once. One of our kid's first movies and was not enjoying it. Puss n Boots I think.

Should have walked out of Very Bad Things, worst movie I ever saw. Horrible, but still couldn't leave since I pad and have a habit of watching until the end...

Took a girl who had arachnophobia to see Arachnophobia. Seems like that was something she would have wanted to divulge beforehand…..

No but probably should have walked out on The Gods must be crazy. People seemed to like it, critics liked it, we were but entertained.

I don't recall the name of it, but Will Farrell played a depressed salesman holed up in a hotel It was brutal

No. But
Dozed off during numerous movies. Mainly terrible kids ones

When i was part of a movie club, Akira Kurasawa’s Dreams did not go down well.
200 people in the cinema at the start. Only 4 left at the end, including me. 98% departure rate

Id like to say I was still paying attention, but i had a book in my pocket that got pulled out after 20 minutes and lots of bright scenes or snow illuminated the room for easy reading.

I'll hang in there until the bitter end but the ones where I came closest to walking out...

Graffiti Bridge - When we were in HS but couldn't drive yet we went to the movies almost every weekend, the only reason I didn't walk out was because it was more of a social outing for a huge group, and we didn't pay much attention to the bad movies anyway.

Nothing but Trouble - Another HS group movie so we just did our best to ignore or make fun of it.

Magnolia - I know some people love PTA, so sorry, but saw this with my GF (now wife) and neither of us liked it and she just wanted to walk but I made her stay hoping for a big finish tying everything together. Other people were actually walking out. When the frogs started raining down, she couldn't take it anymore and blurted out "What the ####?!" :lmao:

Will read through the thread after I post.

Yes, twice:

8MM: Nick Cage snuff film stuff. We didn't know what we were getting into. Yuck. No thanks.

Devil's Advocate: Al Pacino and Keanu are awesome. Terrible and spiritually gross. Out.
There are a couple of things in these movies that move them into the "they're so bad they're good" category if you watch a few times.
I recommend checking out their episodes on "The Rewatchables" if you'd be interested in a different viewpoint:

8MM
Devil's Advocate

I have the AMC Theaters monthly pass thing. I get to go to 3 movies per week for $25 a month. My theater is a 10 minute drive away, and I've seen a lot over the past 5 years or so.

The last movie I walked out on was Avatar 2.

I don't walk out very often, but if the movie isn't holding my attention, and I'm satisfied that I have seen enough of it to know that it stinks, I have no problem leaving.

If I was a person who didn't go and see movies very often? I probably would walk out very rarely, and maybe never. Try and enjoy the theater experience even if the movie stinks.

Magnolia - I know some people love PTA, so sorry, but saw this with my GF (now wife) and neither of us liked it and she just wanted to walk but I made her stay hoping for a big finish tying everything together. Other people were actually walking out. When the frogs started raining down, she couldn't take it anymore and blurted out "What the ####?!" :lmao:
I had the exact same experience with Magnolia! I was home on leave from the Army and wanted to do something with my sisters. I was ready to walk well before the ending, but they wanted to see the end. The frogs had us all cracking up. We went to a diner afterwards and laughed for a solid hour about how big a POS that movie was. I know there are tons of PTA fanbois in here, but his movies always annoy the crap out of me. So pretentious and overwrought.

Thought of a few others...

Would have walked out of Melancholia if I hadn't gone with my sister who "got" it because of her battles with depression.

Thin Red Line - I was with my dad. I don't know if he liked it.

Tree Of Life and Midsommar - Rentals, but should have turned them off.

Safe to say I'm not really an "art house" kind of consumer

I'll hang in there until the bitter end but the ones where I came closest to walking out...

Graffiti Bridge - When we were in HS but couldn't drive yet we went to the movies almost every weekend, the only reason I didn't walk out was because it was more of a social outing for a huge group, and we didn't pay much attention to the bad movies anyway.

Nothing but Trouble - Another HS group movie so we just did our best to ignore or make fun of it.

Nothing but Trouble was one of the all-time worst. Highlight was getting to see Digital Underground (with Tupac!) appearing for 3 minutes

I don't recall the name of it, but Will Farrell played a depressed salesman holed up in a hotel It was brutal
I remember an equally depressing Will Farrell movie where he lost his job and house and camped out on his front lawn with a cooler of beer and all his possessions.

When I was like 14, me and a buddy would pay for a movie, then stick around and watch a different one for free. I think we saw Xanadu(don't judge..We were in love with Olivia) and stayed for Ordinary People. We left. Not surprising 2 14 year old boys just didn't "get" that flick.
And pulp fiction. Only cause my wife and I got stuck in like the very front row, all the way on the end. Not a very optimal way to watch a movie. So we left

Only one I remember for certain was Lost In Space (1998). Chick i was on a date with thought it was awful and the space scenes were making her nauseous. I think she only suggested it because Joey from Friends was in it. We snuck into a few other movies and mostly just made out but one of the other movies was Dark City and we were completely lost as to what was going on in that film but I was totally fascinated. Went back the next day by myself and watched Dark City from the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread