What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the best advice you have ever received? (1 Viewer)

"Plastics"

Actually, it's probably: HR is not there to protect you. They are there to protect the organization.

"A man's got to know his limitations" - Dirty Harry I'll give my father credit for this because he was a big fan of Eastwood & Charles Bronson. While I didn't become a vigilante, I always struggled with asking for help seeing it as a sign of weakness. My son is far more stubborn & took alot of work to get him to understand realizing where you need help & when to ask shows much more about your desire to succeed.

One of my first jobs I was in a marketing agency with a client who was a friend of our owner, threw a good deal of business our way & expected to be treated like a king. Real a-hole. Long story - short - he made me bring small spiral notebook NASA scientists keep in their shirt pockets to every mtg with him so he knew I was writing notes about our meeting - even if it was just "reduce & center this image". To this day I bring a notepad to every meeting, no matter if planned or at a whim - aside from logical benefit, it gains alot of respect from those above.

"Plastics"

Actually, it's probably: HR is not there to protect you. They are there to protect the organization.
As an employee, you are literally a Human Resource. That's it. They even named a whole department after it. It clearly defines exactly what you are to your company.

Users who are viewing this thread