What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When does your league run waivers? (1 Viewer)

What day does your league run waivers (vote based on what you consider your primary league)?

• Sunday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday

• Friday

• Thursday

• Wednesday

• Tuesday

• Monday

• The week prior

• Don't have a waiver timeline

• Total voters
During normal weeks (no Thurs games)- our WW runs Tues 7am-11:59pm on Wed.

Free for all is Thurs 7am until 1min before the start of the first game of the week.

Thursday nights at 6pm. I call all the owners asking their moves for the week. We do 3 rounds of waivers a week.

Tues/Weds Midnight, then again Fri/Sat midnight, so owners have time to pick up the guys other teams have dropped in time for that week's games.

We currently have ours run at midnight Wednesday (Thursday Morning). I'm going to push to change it to midnight Thursday (Friday Morning). We had it at midnight Wed. to give the Commish time to run through the bids and award the players on Thursday (we use $100 cap room for waivers). Now that we are on MFL and the system runs this automatically we will probably push it back a day to give owners a bigger window to make their decisions.

Wednesday and Saturday each week at 7:00pm are the bid deadlines. No free-for-alls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question for all the people who answered Wednesday or Thursday

WHY?

Wouldn't it be better to have it later in the week when there is more information for everybody?

Why not change it? - on many of the sites the commissioner can have it run at different times

If you have to have it on Wednesday (especially) on the site you are on, why not change websites?

I just think it makes it a much better contest if they run once a week and later in the week.

For Sunday/Monday only games, our transactions are on Friday - or 2 days before the 1st game of the week. Therefore, when there are Thursday games (I hate Thursday games except for Thanksgiving) our trannies are on Tuesday night.

Capt Hook said:
I have a question for all the people who answered Wednesday or ThursdayWHY?Wouldn't it be better to have it later in the week when there is more information for everybody?Why not change it? - on many of the sites the commissioner can have it run at different timesIf you have to have it on Wednesday (especially) on the site you are on, why not change websites?I just think it makes it a much better contest if they run once a week and later in the week.
This isn't how the guppies think when they set up their leagues. They see a game on Sunday, see someone like Portis get hurt or Bledsoe get benched, and immediately want to pick up the backup before everyone else in the league wises up. They see a wide receiver like Colston go off in week 1 and immediately want him on their squad. They don't get why they should have to wait all day Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to see if they get that player. There aren't any games being played (most weeks), why not just pick up guys now? They fear the other owners in the league somehow missed the info that some RB got hurt or some QB or WR went off, but by the time waivers run someone else will find out too and they'll miss out on getting their guy.FF still has a lot of guppies who want to wake up on Wednesday or Thursday morning, see who they have on their roster, set their lineup for the weekend and not think about it for more than five minutes. If I was in an all-shark league, I'd expect it to be different, but until then guppy reasoning prevails.And also, like I said above, running it early allows it to run twice in the week. This is a large chunk of strategy in my main league--you see someone with a great roster but has got Ben Watson as TE and he's on a bye, and you know he'll have to drop him to make room for another player that week. Poor planning by the Watson owner means anyone with a roster spot to spare that can poach him. The Watson owners only recourse is to wait until everyone else has run waivers, drop Watson on Friday for whoever's left in free agency, and hope Watson clears the next week instead.

Daily deadline at 9:00 p.m. The last day/night each week is the day/night prior to the first game of that week. Wednesday's as of late. It's an auction (dollars) style of waivers....highest bid each night wins the player in question. In case of a tie, lower team in the standings is given the player in question.

We've always done waivers on Tuesday and then FCFS after that, but I'm thinking that we should move it back a day or so after seeing this thread.

ours generally were open until friday night at 11PM. once the thrusday games started it was moved to 2AM thursday morning. its nice to have fridays injury report and practices available to make final decisions but the thursday games make that difficult

Our waivers process Wed. morning. Most of the owners like it better that way. :hey:

I doubt moving it to thursday would do anything other than make it more of a pain in the ### when the thursday games come rolling around.

We do first come, first serve, with the restriction you can't waive somebody you're starting until Monday after the game ends. It's worked great for 18 years.

For Sunday/Monday only games, our transactions are on Friday - or 2 days before the 1st game of the week. Therefore, when there are Thursday games (I hate Thursday games except for Thanksgiving) our trannies are on Tuesday night.
Taken out of context this could be a very good reason not to hang out at Fosio's house on Tuesday nights. Unless you enjoy that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

We run two waivers each week (12-team, 20-player dynasty league)... Wednesday nights & Friday nights at 8pm EST (aka 3pm here in the islands!)... however, any players that have already played games for the week (ie. Thursday games) are NOT eligible for Friday waivers.

Users who are viewing this thread